2013 Mar Plugin Sales Discussion : Leaf 2,236 ! ; Volt 1,478

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Statik said:
Nissan Shatters EV Sales Record In March 2013, Sells 2,236 LEAFs. Propels Industry To All-Time High
http://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-shatters-sales-record-in-march-2013-propels-industry-to-all-time-high/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While definitely a good number, that still only works out to around 26,800 per year at that rate of sales. Still not enough to really reach the mainstream. So I hope these numbers will continue to rise.

Statik said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
what time is sales announcement?

/now
(well, sorta-won't be on Nissan website still for another hour or so)

Nissan Shatters EV Sales Record In March 2013, Sells 2,236 LEAFs. Propels Industry To All-Time High
http://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-shatters-sales-record-in-march-2013-propels-industry-to-all-time-high/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WOW!!

I'd also like to know what the breakdown of the three model's sales was...

The other questions is, once the pipeline for those who have been sitting by the sidelines waiting for a lower price is filled, will sales continue at that level?

adric22 said:
While definitely a good number, that still only works out to around 26,800 per year at that rate of sales. Still not enough to really reach the mainstream. So I hope these numbers will continue to rise.

TonyWilliams said:
Statik said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

/now

Do you have a breakdown of 2012 vs 2013 model years? How about Rav4 EV?

Hey Tony, RAV4 EV won't be until late today after Toyota's conference call. No exact numbers on 13 vs 12 LEAF sales, it was less than 5% though.

scottf200 said:
http://insideevs.com/march-2013-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/
Chevrolet Volt: GM has a bit off an off month as only 1,478 Volts were sold.

Impressive numbers for Leaf, they shut me up as I was only expecting about 650 sold for March. Congratulations to all of our new members and Leaf owners.

What happened to the Volt last month, they had plenty of inventory. They may have to do some serious lease/price reductions to get that number back up.

Ian B

TonyWilliams said:
Statik said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

/now

Do you have a breakdown of 2012 vs 2013 model years? How about Rav4 EV?

not yet. looks like Ford wont break it down till tomorrow

MrIanB said:
What happened to the Volt last month, they had plenty of inventory. They may have to do some serious lease/price reductions to get that number back up.
They may have to do something... Maybe now that news of the 2014 Volt is starting to trickle out (due in May which seems early for a '14 model year), that will start hurting sales volume unless GM really starts discounting the Volt.

I think people still cross-shop between Leaf/Volt/Energi/PIP. A dip in all those numbers would say people switched to Leaf instead.

evnow said:
I think people still cross-shop between Leaf/Volt/Energi/PIP. A dip in all those numbers would say people switched to Leaf instead.

i think the CA exemption bubble has started to deflate for the PiP. people realize that the range is simply too short. now we need to wait for Ford to start kicking in some incentives on those Energi's. i expect the sales announcements will help hasten that decision

DaveinOlyWA said:
evnow said:

i think the CA exemption bubble has started to deflate for the PiP. people realize that the range is simply too short. now we need to wait for Ford to start kicking in some incentives on those Energi's. i expect the sales announcements will help hasten that decision

786 in march vs 693 last month on the PiP

Statik said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
evnow said:

786 in march vs 693 last month on the PiP

So the LEAF outsold both the Volt and PIP combined?

I wonder if the LEAF might outsell all PHEVs, combined this month?

I'm still sticking to my ~48,000 LEAF sales guess for the '13 model year for the LEAF, but may have to cut back my Volt sales guess, if GM doesn't start the '13 Volt fire sale soon.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i think the CA exemption bubble has started to deflate for the PiP. people realize that the range is simply too short.
Yup. My brother was thinking about buying a PIP, but after looking at the price and the electric range he will probably go for a regular Prius. Most of his driving (8,000 miles a year) is on longer drives that won't benefit much from the plug anyway.

Statik said:
fit ev 23
accord phev 26

...exciting
Honda is just not interested. Atleast for Accord, I thought they would put in some minimal effort - like making the damn cars available.

now we are waiting on Ford and its multitudes of plug in offerings.

Now that EVs are starting to take off, wondering if that wont encourage Ford to enter the incentive game?

anyone willing to take bets on them offering large discounts on their Energi's while leaving the Focus EV to tread on its own? no secret that Ford does not consider BEVs ready for prime time (or prime production)

Latest posts

Back