SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't attend the 9/10th gathering but would like to be able to get instruction on installation of the new horn which I've ordered. Is it likely that there will be future horn clinics to provide a hands on how to do horn installation instruction?

derivers said:
I can't attend the 9/10th gathering but would like to be able to get instruction on installation of the new horn which I've ordered. Is it likely that there will be future horn clinics to provide a hands on how to do horn installation instruction?
Yes, we plan to run the installation clinic at every SF BayLEAFs meeting, weather and parking permitting. If you'd like to get a look at it otherwise, check out the DIY Horn Upgrade thread here in MNL, started by OrientExpress.

Between myself and our Horn Graduate Students, We plan on having another clinic in the parking lot. If I can get an idea of how many will want to upgrade their horns, I'll make enough wiring pigtail adapters for everyone.

gascant said:
As always, members coming from the south can find carpooling and/or charging at South San Jose member homes. Please post if you can host :lol: (count me in on that).
I might attend. I live in south San Jose. If I go, I can offer a ride, if needed or ride along.

All I've got is my Prius. As for charging, I shouldn't, sorry (long story, electrical system at house I don't own hasn't been inspected and garage has GFCI outlet). I'm a potential Leaf owner and am curious to see the various mods and projects in action.

Not sure of the protocol here and whether carpool/ride discussion belongs here or on another thread/area (e.g. Facebook).

cwerdna said:
gascant said:
As always, members coming from the south can find carpooling and/or charging at South San Jose member homes. Please post if you can host :lol: (count me in on that).
I might attend. I live in south San Jose. If I go, I can offer a ride, if needed or ride along.
Not sure of the protocol here and whether carpool/ride discussion belongs here or on another thread/area (e.g. Facebook).
Carpooling discussions to for BayLEAFs meetings are fair game here. There are several from South San Jose who go regularly. If my wife isn't going, I'll have room for 1--the back seat is usually filled with supplies for the meetings :lol:

Keep your ideas for the agenda coming--just 6 days until we meet again.
Agenda so far:
Update on visit by Kadota-san (Chief Vehicle Engineer for LEAF)
LEAF Share--an alternative to charging
Green Drive Expo
SOC Meter/CAN Bus discussion and update
Open Q&A on LEAF
Horn Installation and Adapter Fabrication Clinics

You still have time to procure the FIAMM El Grande horns to do at the clinic. Usually, Orient Express brings the needed pigtail, and several of us have tools (not too many needed). If you want to make an adapter for the modified portable EVSE, just bring the appropriate appliance cord or plug and an L6-20 female and you'll be in good shape. We'll have the tools and testers.

Union City Library
34007 Alvarado Niles Road
Union City, CA 94587-4498
September 10th, 2011
Tailgate party at 7:45, Meeting start 8:30, Horn Clinic 10:30 AM

Maybe we can get AAA to come and have a show and tell about the new quick charge vehicles they have put into service?

Yeah, have someone run out of charge, call AAA, then "while you are here, there are a few more Leafs that could use a quick charge."

Does anyone know if Phil will be there to do a realtime EVSE swap for the upgrade?

mdh said:
Does anyone know if Phil will be there to do a realtime EVSE swap for the upgrade?
According to gascant, Phil usually comes to the meetings, except when he’s on vacation. If I recall correctly, he was on vacation in early July and again at the end of August. Not sure if he was back, the website hasn't been updated yet.

Wonder if someone can talk about going solar for home.
I plan to install 2-4KW system on my roof in a month.

Is SunPower any good?

Wonder if someone can talk about going solar for home this Saturday?

Is SunPower any good?

I recently went solar with 24 panels of SunPower and it is good. It makes more than enough power to cover my LEAF driving.

I make electricity at $0.30 per kWh in the afternoon and buy it back from PGE after midnight for $0.05 per kWh to charge my car using the E9A rate.

Once a year I settle my bill with PGE. If I make enough $0.30 electricity to cover my $0.05 usage they will end up paying me.

dblo said:

Is SunPower any good?
Sorry to go off topic here...
I'll let others chime in about whether or not SunPower is any good, but I did find out today that SunPower is offering anyone who comes to Green Drive Expo an ADDITIONAL rebate of up to $2,000 on the purchase of a SunPower solar system.

I don't know all the details, but here is the link they gave us with more info:
http://www.sunpowercorp.com/asp/sfgreendrive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They will have a booth at the Expo, so feel free to stop by and talk with them more and report back to us what you find.

EVPowers said:
dblo said:

Is SunPower any good?
Sorry to go off topic here...
I'll let others chime in about whether or not SunPower is any good, but I did find out today that SunPower is offering anyone who comes to Green Drive Expo an ADDITIONAL rebate of up to $2,000 on the purchase of a SunPower solar system.

I don't know all the details, but here is the link they gave us with more info:
http://www.sunpowercorp.com/asp/sfgreendrive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Technology Federal Credit Union is also partnering with them, up to $2,250 off the price. http://usa.sunpowercorp.com/landing-pages/asp/techcu/step1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They also have a special solarsmart loan program: http://www.techcu.com/solar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mdh said:
If he does, you'll have to pay ahead of time on http://evseupgrade.com/styled/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and have the paypal receipt. I don't know which options he wants people to use, like if the advanced replacement option applies or shipping and handling...

I can offer South San Jose charging 3 miles from Hwy 85 and Almaden expwy / Oakridge mall. (actually at Almaden Expressway and Redmond ave. If interested, PM me. I'll be LEAFing to the the meeting.

Back