Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
June 7 - Poway (San Diego County), 8:30am to 11am, Hamburger Factory, 14122 Midland Rd, Poway, CA 92064
Sorry we can't make this one, Tony. My grandson is graduating from high school and we're heading up to Las Vegas for the ceremony and after-parties.

Have fun,
TT

ttweed said:
TonyWilliams said:
June 7 - Poway (San Diego County), 8:30am to 11am, Hamburger Factory, 14122 Midland Rd, Poway, CA 92064
Sorry we can't make this one, Tony. My grandson is graduating from high school and we're heading up to Las Vegas for the ceremony and after-parties.

Have fun,
TT

I'm sure that there will be a next one. Did you buy a Tesla yet?

TonyWilliams said:
I'm sure that there will be a next one. Did you buy a Tesla yet?
I wish! If we had an extra $100K laying around, I'd buy a Tesla and take it to Las Vegas. As it is, the Leaf would make it quite an adventurous (and tedious) journey, so I'll leave it in the garage and take the expedition vehicle (my F-250 PSD with Four Wheel Grandby pop-up camper). :)

Catch you at the next gathering, hopefully.
TT

For this Saturday, June 7, 2014, I will be making a pass through the parking garage to pick up anybody who wants to charge for free:

8:20am

13538 Sabre Springs Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92128

It is at the southeast corner of I-15 and CA-56, just a couple miles from the Hamburger Factory in Poway.

There are 9 free GE WattStation J1772 stations in the lower level of the parking garage.

Going to bed early tonight so we can be there first thing Saturday. Looking forward to see all of you again and meeting new friends.

The above 9 charge stations at the garage are likely closed on the weekend, so there are 2-3 Blink units nearby (go to http://www.PlugShare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Requires Blink card.

I will swing by both places at the southeast corner of I-15 and CA-56 at 8:15 to 8:20am before the meet at Hamburger Factory, June 7.

See everybody soon. There won't be a private room, since I don't expect many hungry EV enthusiasts, but mostly becasue there wasn't any real planning done here and the room was already booked.

Enjoyed meeting Frank & Glorianne (Leafers), plus J.D. (who drives a Ford Focus EV and flies H60s -Seahawks/Blackhawks for Navy), and Tony W.

Great information shared! Sorry we missed the early arrivals. The front desk staff at the restaurant didn't direct us to the right tables!

Hope we can schedule a Southbay gathering in Chula Vista on July 13 (Edit: Yes, Sat July 19 is better) as discussed. Two possible locations stand out:

1) Near 4th & F Street at the community center where there are Blink Chargers (or possible behind the city offices down the street where there are also Blink stations), plenty of parking - we could bring our own Canopy and food/drinks.

or
2) Near Broadway and Naples at the NRG Freedom Station near the Costco

All those in the Southbay welcome. Let us know who are interested.

This Saturday (July 12) I plan to visit

1) Near 4th & F Street at the community center where there are Blink Chargers (or possible behind the city offices down the street where there are also Blink stations), plenty of parking - we could bring our own Canopy and food/drinks.

And confirm the Blink stations are still working. Prepping for meeting on Saturday morning July 19.

Also need to hear back from other EV folks in the Southbay on participation. Will you come? Bring food?

I can bring a big canopy if needed and a small table and chair.

Can someone bring their Leaf Spy app and plug into my Leaf to get my readings?

I am currently testing out the new Michelin Premier tires on my Leaf and will give a full report on them for those that come and are interested

There is a newly installed Blink DC Fast Charger at the Chula Vista Towne Center (close to where the Red Lobster used to be located), and I've been told that it is powered on. However, it is not on the blink map yet, and I haven't had a chance to go by and look at it.

Would someone be able to check it out who lives nearby and see if it looks operational?

Thanks...

Randy said:
There is a newly installed Blink DC Fast Charger at the Chula Vista Towne Center (close to where the Red Lobster used to be located), and I've been told that it is powered on. However, it is not on the blink map yet, and I haven't had a chance to go by and look at it.

Would someone be able to check it out who lives nearby and see if it looks operational?

Thanks...

Do you mean the Otay Ranch Town Center? What are the nearby cross streets? Freeways? If I get a better idea of the location I can check it out this Saturday ( July 12). Could be a good location for a meeting too.

The address is 338 F St, Chula Vista...Not too far from the other Level 2 units installed last year...

If you look on Google maps, find the Red Lobster restaurant on or about 338 F st, enter the shopping center at that point and go further back into the parking garage. It should be in there...

Randy said:
The address is 338 F St, Chula Vista...Not too far from the other Level 2 units installed last year...

If you look on Google maps, find the Red Lobster restaurant on or about 338 F st, enter the shopping center at that point and go further back into the parking garage. It should be in there...

Okay, that's near the Marie Callender and Fudruckers restaurants. I will check it out this Saturday (July 12). That would be nice if it is up and running for next week's gathering.

We are back from our vacation, so plan to be there. We will also bring some munchies and drink, along with plates, cups, forks, spoons, etc.

Randy said:

Excellent News - this morning I found the Blink Stations are up and running, including:

-- One (1) QC with dual charging cords/handles. When one car is finished charging the 2nd car that is plugged in will automatically start charging. Located behind Marie Callender's Resturant and just "outside" the 2 story parking structure.

-- Five (5) regular L2 and One (1) handicap L2 located just inside the 1st floor of the parking structure.

More Excellent News - Marie Callender's Resturant is open for breakfast from 7am on Saturday, and if you eat breakfast there you get a $5 discount on any of their pies!! :)

So this should be the NEW meeting place for next Saturday July 19.

Address for Marie Callender's is 330 F Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910.

I plan to get there around 8:30am. Hope to get some more folks to join!

This all sounds great. We are looking forward to meeting more Leaf drivers in the South San Deigo area.

Tony, are you planning to attend? If so, are you able to bring a JESLA for us all to see?

Last night we were at a local event and saw a brand new 2014 Leaf parked outside. When the event was over we waited to see who would drive it home. It turned out to be an old friend that did not even know that we had a Leaf. He purchased his on Friday. He said that so far everyone he has met with a Leaf absolutely LOVE them. I invited him to Chula Vista next Saturday. Not sure if he will be able to make it. He lives in the Poway area.

Back