SF Bay Area BayLeafs meet - 1 down, more to come

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planet4ever

It looks like the "Northern California" gathering focus is moving toward Sacramento, and that's a long way from the Bay Area. I was trying to think what would be central for us, and I keep coming back to Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City. I don't know the area, but I see The Diving Pelican just down the street, with an outdoor dining area. Would that work?

Brendan, if you've got your ears on, would you have any advice or suggestions for us?

-----------------------------------

Update 2: We will be meeting at Clarke's in Mountain View, around noon on Feb 26. That's at 615 West El Camino Real, less than a mile northwest of Hwy 85.

Update 3: The first meeting was a great success. People came in two LEAFs, a RAV 4 EV, two plug-in kit Prii and a couple of stock Prii, a Gen 1 Insight, and at least half a dozen plain old ICE vehicles for those of us just itching to get our hands on some electric power. We definitely will have more meetings, and Phil has set up a list server so we can keep in touch. Go to BayLeafs List to join.

Ray

planet4ever said:
It looks like the "Northern California" gathering focus is moving toward Sacramento, and that's a long way from the Bay Area. I was trying to think what would be central for us, and I keep coming back to Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City. I don't know the area, but I see The Diving Pelican just down the street, with an outdoor dining area. Would that work?

Brendan, if you've got your ears on, would you have any advice or suggestions for us?
Look for a PM, Planet...

I would be up for a bay area gathering on the peninsula. There are certainly plenty of places near Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City and I could recommend a few if so desired. We could meet at Boardwalk Nissan and I am sure Brendan would not mind if those that had a Leaf and wanted to plug in could do so before heading to the desired location near by.

garygid said:
Santa Clara has a Hometown Buffet that it appears some describe as quite good. :D

Yikes. I wouldn't take an ex girlfriend to that place. :lol:

Diving Pelican is nothing to write home about, but it's usually empty, and the parking lot is huge. As long as the food isn't a focus, it's a good spot to gather a lot of people.

I would consider myself a fan of Hobee's but I would suggest the Redwood Shores location if that would be agreeable to the group. My reasoning is that I know that location can accommodate larger groups and has plenty of parking. They even seem to have a banquet room available but I do not know if that would be free of charge but I could certainly ask. The Sunnyvale location might be a good one to look at as well as I seem to remember they have a back room area that they might be willing to set aside for us. I don't think the Fry's near by has retrofitted their EVSE yet unfortunately. I don't recall the Palo Alto location being very big.

I suppose it really comes down to how many people will be able to attend. I am pretty flexible myself and would certainly be willing to travel within the range of my Leaf.

Well, Hobee's Redwood Shores is inching the location a bit closer to San Francisco, which might be an incentive to EVDRIVER and Glenn who posted over at NorCal Leaf gathering, as well as others who are closer to SF. It's stretching it for me, but I'm game.

I guess the next question is, when? EVDRIVER suggested April, and I like that myself, in hopes that I might have my car by then. The Sac folks are talking Feb. I could live with that, but my old truck will have to hide in shame. Personally, I have community theater commitments in March which would make the month difficult (though not impossible) for me.

garygid said:
Santa Clara has a Hometown Buffet that it appears some describe as quite good. :D

Clarke's in Mountain View--great charbroiled burgers (or chicken), sweet potato fries, and outdoor dining so the group could be as loud (or quiet) as it wants.

I certainly don't mind being the "Thread Manager", but I'm not sure about "Branch Manager". I spent my entire career running the other way as soon as I heard anyone say the word "manager", and my organizational skills are essentially non-existent.

Ray

Well, you can change the thread title, so [if you decide to accept this mission], get things off dead center: pick a date, time window, and place that YOU are comfortable with for "your" first Gathering, and ...
call the place to see if they have any "issues" (one was going to be closed for remodeling when we wanted to show up), ... then post your "plan", saying this will be our first try (unless there compelling reasons to change), then change the thread title, ... maybe "West SF Bay LEAF-Gathering #1 (Feb 19th)" or some such, ... and enjoy seeing who shows up.

Just trying to encourage you folks! Many seem interested.

Back