Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lkkms2 said:
Randy said:
The address is 338 F St, Chula Vista...Not too far from the other Level 2 units installed last year...

If you look on Google maps, find the Red Lobster restaurant on or about 338 F st, enter the shopping center at that point and go further back into the parking garage. It should be in there...

Excellent News - this morning I found the Blink Stations are up and running, including:

-- One (1) QC with dual charging cords/handles. When one car is finished charging the 2nd car that is plugged in will automatically start charging. Located behind Marie Callender's Resturant and just "outside" the 2 story parking structure.

-- Five (5) regular L2 and One (1) handicap L2 located just inside the 1st floor of the parking structure.

More Excellent News - Marie Callender's Resturant is open for breakfast from 7am on Saturday, and if you eat breakfast there you get a $5 discount on any of their pies!! :)

So this should be the NEW meeting place for next Saturday July 19.

Address for Marie Callender's is 330 F Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910.

I plan to get there around 8:30am. Hope to get some more folks to join!

Tony seems to be out of country at the moment and hasn't updated the location for the Chula Vista mtg in the first page, so I am reposting here.

Address for Marie Callender's is 330 F Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910. - see details on available QC and L2 stations above. Also, discount on pies. :)

Please post if you think you can make it. We were planning to be there, but I was reminded last night that I have an important meeting that I need to be at (I am presenting) Saturday morning in El Cajon from 8am to 10am. I had forgotten that it was this Saturday. I am afraid that everyone will be gone by the time we could get there. I hope you all have a Wonderful Gathering. So sorry Larry, I need to pay closer attention to my calendar... actually I had forgotten to put this one on my calendar.

At the meeting Saturday, I will be reporting/sharing my experience with the new Michelin tire - the Michelin "Premier" that I just put on my Leaf June 20. Currently have 670 miles on the tires. I have 30 days to change tires. Saturday, July 19 the day of the meeting is the last day to decide. Shall I change to the Michelin Energy Savers? Or stick with the "Premier"? That is the question.

Come to the meeting and help me decide. Main reason I am trying the Michelins is for a smoother ride to help minimize my wife's car sickness ( I also need to minimize sudden turns and movements ).

Also, if someone can bring their LeafSpy or other monitoring device I would appreciate some readings.
Still trying to get mine working, doing something wrong but don't know what.

Hope to see some more folks on Saturday!

Great, see you there Fred.

Just noticed you bought your Leaf used. Glad to see these coming around for reuse after the leases. Will be interested to hear what kind of deal you got on your purchase.

Larry

p.s. - Reminder for those just reading this post.

Mtg will be at Marie Callender's at 330 F Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910. - see details on new QC and L2 stations available behind Resturant in recent posts above. Also, $5 discount on pies for those eating breakfast.

Mtg at Marie Callender's resturant (330 F Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910) from 8:30 am to around 10:00 am.

Eating first then later may be at parking structure by Blink Charging stations.

See details on new QC and L2 stations available behind Resturant in recent posts above. Also, $5 discount on pies for those eating breakfast.

Larry, how did the M&G go? Would love to see photos and find out how it went. We hope to not have to miss the next one.

Tony, will any part of the next month EVent still happen? Maybe a M&G at the eVgo station next to the border?

Graffi said:
Larry, how did the M&G go? Would love to see photos and find out how it went. We hope to not have to miss the next one.

It was Excellent! Our group of "two" had a great time. It is amazing what two people with a common interest can share when they get together. Fred is a great example of someone who realized he no longer needed his Toyota Tacoma Truck and $350 monthly gasoline bill. He traded in his truck and purchased a used Leaf at a reasonable price. And because he had installed solar years ago, he is now driving around at basically no cost except when he charges at public charging stations.

Fred also brought his LeafDD and helped me get some detailed readings on my batteries.

Separately, I had put up some signs on our table and as you come into the entrance of the restaurant and two ladies showed interest in knowing more about EVs. We spent about 5 minutes or so talking with them.

Marie Callender's Restaurant is an excellent place to have an EV mtg in the Southbay. Fred and I both enjoyed the breakfast and took advantage of the new charging stations behind the restaurant at the parking structure. Fred the QC and me an L2.

We even saw a Honda Fit EV charging there when we came out after breakfast, but didn't run into the driver. I'll have to leave a note on the windshield under the wipers next time. Not every EV driver is reading MNL, but there are a good number in the Southbay - just have to figure out how to hook up for future mtgs. I did leave notes on the other two nearby charging locations at the Chula Vista Boys and Girls Club (4th & Park Way) and back of Chula Vista Civic Center (4th & Davidson st) with my email address. Hope to get some interest for future meetings.

I would be up for another meeting at Marie Callender's again in 3 or 4 months.

P.s. sorry, we didn't take photos You can take pictures next time :)

Back