SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't mind spending an extra dollar or so, we opted for the 4 tumbler brass lock, rather than the 3 tumbler aluminum:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T4FL7Y/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Ingineer said:
For those that are interested in the lock that fits the EVSE:

pic

pic

http://www.masterlock.com/product_details/LuggageLocks/630D

-Phil

gascant said:
...Well I guess they won't have to worry about us spilling oil in the parking lot :lol:

And with no emissions, sometimes places let EVs drive indoors.
I recall some Tesla events where they drove on-stage at schools, through shopping malls, or at a trade show. Not safe to do that with a gas burning vehicle.

TEG said:
gascant said:
...Well I guess they won't have to worry about us spilling oil in the parking lot :lol:

And with no emissions, sometimes places let EVs drive indoors.
I recall some Tesla events where they drove on-stage at schools, through shopping malls, or at a trade show. Not safe to do that with a gas burning vehicle.
Heck, the Nissan LEAF tour event in San Francisco was held completely inside the Moscone Convention Center! With the sound of tires scrunching on plastic protective sheeting, that was one weird test drive. But it was, indeed, emission free!

Glenn

Will any EVSEupgrade.com personnel be at the July 9 gathering? I would like to have them take my LEAF L1/L2 charger back for a Rev. 2 (16Amp@240V) upgrade.

If there is any interest I can see if a contact of mine at Ecotality would like to attend. He has all kinds of information about them (and might be able to work as an impromptu QA session for those with Blink EVSE's with issues).

I'll be there to say hi to everyone. :mrgreen:

BrendanDolan said:
If there is any interest I can see if a contact of mine at Ecotality would like to attend. He has all kinds of information about them (and might be able to work as an impromptu QA session for those with Blink EVSE's with issues).

Sounds blinkin' good to me!

BrendanDolan said:

Sure Brendan! Everyone is welcome--and we don't have too many people volunteering for the agenda, so otherwise it might be me trying to make an adapter cable in front of the group.

Actually, it's looking more positive for the horn installation demo.

All:
Here is a map of the HP Campus in Cupertino. Best access is from I-280 and only the gate off Pruneridge Ave will be open.
cupcampus.gif

If you want to use your nav system, the address is:
19483 Pruneridge Ave
Cupertino, CA
We will be meeting in Building 48. I will be posting details of charging arrangements on site in a day or so (probably after the holiday weekend). There are numerous BayLEAFs in the area who have offered their L2 EVSE or outlets for those coming from a distance. Check out pages 25-9 of this thread. This is pretty far South for some, so it may require some planning.

I'll bring stuff to do an adapter fabrication demo and a horn upgrade. If anyone has anything they'd like to present, let me know and I'll get it on the agenda. Coffee and bagels at around 8:15 in the parking lot.

I live not far from the HP meeting place and would be happy to let someone L2 charge at my house and carpool to the meeting. PM me.

I live in Los Altos and am happy to have someone use my L2 home charging station during the meeting. Please PM me if interested. Happy 4th!

More specifically, I am in Los Altos near the Magdelena exit off Hwy. 280. Again, PM me if interested in L2 charging during the Cupertino meeting.

gascant said:
BrendanDolan said:

Sure Brendan! Everyone is welcome--and we don't have too many people volunteering for the agenda, so otherwise it might be me trying to make an adapter cable in front of the group.

Sadly my contact at Blink can't make it. He should be around for meeting #6 though.

Don't forget this Saturday's meeting--festivities in the Parking Lot at the HP Cupertino Campus will begin around 8:15 with refreshments.

Here is the site map once again:
cupcampus.gif

The fastest way to get there is to take I-280 directly from the Peninsula, or take Hwy 101 to 85 then 280. From the East Bay, either I-680 or I-880 to 280. The address is 1945 Pruneridge Avenue, Cupertino, and we are meeting in Building 48 (starting at 9 AM).

For charging, our inside contact offers the following:
Limited charging is available on site, near the junction of B44 and 46. Follow the signs (hang a right at the guard shack when coming in from Pruneridge) and in front of B42, on the far west of the site, (bear left at the guard shack and go all the way to the end of the frontage road, winding around parallel to Wolfe Rd. A slightly longer walk is required from there. Actually they are about equal. ½ a block. I believe we’ll have some additional outlets in the middle of the parking lot in front of B44 (again, right at the guard shack) but they may not be energized at this time. That’s my homework to do. ;)
Charging may be limited to 10 cars on 120V, or 4-5 on 240V. Bring your L1 (modified) EVSE's. Also don't forget the many local BayLEAFs that have volunteered their L2 EVSE's at their homes--see pages 25-9 of this thread for info.
There hasn't been a huge rush of volunteers stepping forward with presentations, so we may just spend a lot of time on modifications. Orient Express has volunteered to coach me through doing the horn replacement right there in the parking lot.

pkeys said:
Just got our Leaf, so planning on going to one of these for the first time. If I make it in time for the morning refreshments, is it pot luck style?
Congratulations! Sounds like we will have several new LEAF owners. I think you'll find all the owners/reservationists to be very positive about the car.

We usually have coffee and bagels, so no need to bring anything unless you want something special. Contributions toward the cost of same are appreciated.

gascant said:
All: Still working on the agenda ... My original proposed topics include How to make Carwings work and PV to EV (systems, savings, etc.)...

"How to make Carwings work" sounds great to me. I'm still at the very basic stage of learning everything about the car. If this kind of this is too boring for most of the group, maybe I could get some one-on-on guidance from a volunteer...

See y'all Saturday.

gascant said:
Don't forget this Saturday's meeting--festivities in the Parking Lot at the HP Cupertino Campus will begin around 8:15 with refreshments.

What time do you think it will end? Trying to plan the rest of my day.
Thanks.

Looking for a favor. Due to a change in plans (son's soccer) I will not be able to attend the meeting tomorrow. I look forward to seeing the recap and pictures of all the Leafs - maybe a new record.

The favor is that I had arranged with Arthur Keller to purchase the $23 sunshade. He has one reserved for me but now I won't be able to pick it up. Can anyone pick it up for me - especially if you live or work in the East Bay. I work in Hayward and live in San Ramon. I'd be willing to pick it up from your home or work when it is convenient for you. I'd also pay you the $23 (either beforehand (this afternoon or tonight) or upon pickup). PM me if you can do it and live/work in the East Bay.

Have a great meeting.

Sherry said:
gascant said:

What time do you think it will end? Trying to plan the rest of my day.
Thanks.

The formal part of the meeting is 9-11 but it's totally open. People generally come and go throughout. Depending on how long people hang around in the parking lot, it could go until 1-2 PM. If we want to get a picture, I'd recommend hanging around until 11:15 or so.

Back