gascant
Delivery Date: 13 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2209

Re: SF BayLEAFs Gathering #4 June 4th in SF

Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Just a reminder that we're a week away from Gathering #4 at Luscious Garage in San Francisco. The tailgate/lift party starts at 9 (or perhaps earlier if I can make it there with the bagels :lol: )

Caltrain is definitely an option for those who wish to come up from SJ or the Peninsula.
BART to the Civic Center is an option for those coming up from the East Bay
Both are a little hike to Luscious Garage from their respective drop off points, but both do-able.

For those who are willing to take passengers in a carpool and/or allow use of their EVSE, please identify yourselves (again) on the forum. People who want/need a ride or charge, please contact the volunteers by PM or email.

I'm actually in both camps--will be looking to carpool or take the train and will also offer my EVSE in South San Jose for anyone coming up from the South (e.g., Gilroy, Santa Cruz). Worst case for me is I let the wife take the LEAF for work and drive up with the Altima Hybrid ;)

Topics for the agenda are welcomed.
I had a brain fart last time and didn't include accessories like seat covers, key fobs, etc.
2011 LEAF SL brilliant silver + QC
DRL's, Seat Heaters, Horn, LEDs and EVSE upgrades
Over 24,300 miles gas-free
http://sfbayleafs.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OrientExpress
Delivery Date: 10 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2331

220v chargers?

Sat May 28, 2011 8:57 am

I'm gonna drive up from South San Jose to the Garage, so I would imagine that I am gonna need a charge when I get there. If anyone could let me use their 220v upgraded charger at the meeting, that would be greatly appreciated.
2018 LEAF SL
Gun Metalic
Delivery April 10 2018

Prior LEAF:
2014 LEAF SV
Ocean Blue
Delivery May 23 2014
50,000+ miles - all 12 bars - Same range as new - No warranty issues ever!

linkim

Sat May 28, 2011 2:15 pm

gascant wrote:Topics for the agenda are welcomed.
I had a brain fart last time and didn't include accessories like seat covers, key fobs, etc.
For the agenda I have some suggested topics based on my experience or needs:

1. I assume Phil will be there. Could he give an update on the EVSE rev. 2 mod?

2. Someone to discuss the best way to determine the energy in the battery so the owner can calculate the miles/kWh. I currently use the data from the Blink, but how can I determine the charge energy input if I use the modified EVSE on L1? Maybe I need a lesson in reading the manuals.

3. Anyone have good data for showing the cost savings from switching PGE rate from E-1 to something else (E-9A or E-9B). Also the benefit of solar for EV charging.

As an aside, Phil will you have some of the short cables for sale with the different male plugs?

See ya there at Luscious Garage.

Kim
LEAF SL + QC
Reserved: 4/20/10
Received: April 19, 1 year after reservation

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Sat May 28, 2011 2:30 pm

I too will try driving up from South San Jose. I think about 58 miles so I will need a recharge.

I have Phil's upgraded 120/240 12amp charger but would love to swap for a Ver 2 16 amp one if any are available (hint, hint). If not, I hope Phil will bring one or more to show off and let us use while we are there for a quicker charge.

gascant

Re: 220v chargers?

Sun May 29, 2011 9:22 am

OrientExpress wrote:I'm gonna drive up from South San Jose to the Garage, so I would imagine that I am gonna need a charge when I get there. If anyone could let me use their 220v upgraded charger at the meeting, that would be greatly appreciated.
This morning I was thinking of revising my strategy--to drive to the meeting and then stop in South SF on the way home for a charge. I figure I'd need 2 hours max, during which time I could give demos to passers-by if the spots are in a visible/high traffic area. Could JeffN or Spies comment?? Parking garage?

Oh, I guess it might be more than 2 hours charging if I'm turning the climate control on/off with my phone :lol:

Spies
Delivery Date: 10 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0255

Sun May 29, 2011 10:34 am

gascant wrote:Could JeffN or Spies comment?? Parking garage?
The charging spots are right inside the brand new parking garage. They are the first spots in the garage as one pulls in. I would not say they are highly visible except perhaps to those pulling into the garage. You can get an idea about the garage in this article http://southsanfrancisco.patch.com/arti ... rage-opens.

You can even see the spots in this photo from the article. They are the first three on the right and the one DP spot on the far end.
Green Honda EV Plus 02/1998-12/2003 plate "ZERO CO2" rip, Aptera 2e #726 canceled
Blue Nissan Leaf SL loaded reserved 04/20/2010 ordered 08/31/2010 EVSE Blink #182
CARWINGS Nickname Theres233, should be Spies

gascant

Sun May 29, 2011 10:59 am

Spies wrote:
gascant wrote:Could JeffN or Spies comment?? Parking garage?
The charging spots are right inside the brand new parking garage. They are the first spots in the garage as one pulls in. I would not say they are highly visible except perhaps to those pulling into the garage. You can get an idea about the garage in this article http://southsanfrancisco.patch.com/arti ... rage-opens.
SWEET!! Maybe I could stand outside holding up a sign that says "Free Nissan LEAF demos inside." Thanks for posting the article.

lemketron
Delivery Date: 10 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1554

Sun May 29, 2011 11:13 am

gascant wrote:Maybe I could stand outside holding up a sign that says "Free Nissan LEAF demos inside." Thanks for posting the article.
What are you planning to demo if you're tethered to the charger?
Reserved: 4/20/10, Ordered: 10/27/10, Delivered 5/10/11
Drivin' on sunshine! 5.4 KW Solar PV, PG&E E6 TOU, Blink EVSE (EV Project)
20,000+ miles of zero-emission solar-powered driving at $.01/mile!

gascant

Sun May 29, 2011 11:37 am

lemketron wrote:
gascant wrote:Maybe I could stand outside holding up a sign that says "Free Nissan LEAF demos inside." Thanks for posting the article.
What are you planning to demo if you're tethered to the charger?
Talking to it with the phone (climate control on/off) and maybe just push the start button and light up the dashboard. But, most people to whom I have given "demo's" just want to look at it and marvel about how it's a "real car".

DannyAmes
Delivery Date: 08 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 467

Sun May 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Should be an interesting assortment of Leafs blowing into the GGEVA agenda.
Being a member of the GGEVA chapter I'll post cross links to the yahoo SFEVA list serve and the relevant thread formed on mynissanleaf and pollinate the groups with this post.

Looks like a fun gathering unfortunately I have to be on-call for my company and can not grantee I'll be their would liked to have coordinated rides from my location here in Brisbane 10 miles south of Luscious Garage as I'm about 2 miles from the South San Francisco garage.

Web home for Luscious Garage:
(hybrid auto service for the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. http://www.lusciousgarage.com)

For more details to the GGEVA folks:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=180

Leaf forum users can check out:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sfeva/
http://www.ggeva.org/GGEVA/Welcome.html

This maybe a record amount of EV's at the meeting albeit Leaf heavy.

Cheers,
Danny Ames

When: Saturday, June 4, 2011 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Immediately following the BayLEAFs LEAF owners club meeting.
Where: Luscious Garage, 475 9th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Program:
Presentation by Jessica Scorpio of Getaround. Getaround facilitates the rental of privately owned EVs to others needing transportation when the owner doesn’t need the car.
Phil Sadow will describe how the 120V NIssan LEAF charging unit can be upgraded for 240V charging at an affordable price.
A variety of EVs will be on display.
Refreshments
Who: Anyone interested in EVs of any type. Non-members are welcome to attend. Meetings are free and open to the public.
Last edited by DannyAmes on Sun May 29, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeafDD - 100% Charge - Gids 266 - measured 6/25/13 (28,690 miles) 94.23% 12 Bars
Blue LEAF In service since 03/08/11 Plate "IM N EV"
Juice 4.5 kW PV 32 Sharp 167 W 2500 Sunnyboys 2005 E7

Return to “Pacific USA”