SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in for whatever day. I am hoping to get my Leaf on May 6th fingers crossed. I also will need to get an evse upgrade so that will be perfect for me save one for me ingeneer...I will email for info re: prepay or whatever is needed.
Semper Fi

BTW I have seen two leafs this week while commuting. A white one with carpool stickers and plates and a red one with premier dealer plates.

Wow, thanks to all for the replies! It's looking like we are converging around the 14th and I'm working on the location with a conference room for us. Unfortunately, my #1 location doesn't have charging available (although it's a huge parking lot) but hopefully we can work around that through a combination of carpools and public charging docks. Hope to make a call this weekend so everyone can plan accordingly.

ElectricVehicle said:
Anytime, anyplace works for me. An opportunity to be near LEAFs whilst I wait for mine...
Really? I would think you would want it at least within range of your RAV4 EV :D

I have plans for May 7th so any other day will work well for me.

I still have the Prius so I can still fit in with those people burning Dino Juice. For my needs, already owned 2002 Prius + Nissan LEAF at $20k is the better than any Plug In Hybrid option available today. None of the Plug In Hybrids have 100 mile EV only range!

Yes, the Prius is my second vehicle. I will take my primary vehicle, the RAV4 EV if it's in relativley easy range, and if not, it's no biggie to take the Prius. I'm still under about 120 gallons/year of gas for the entire household fleet for the last 10 years. (RAV4 EV + 2002 Prius + LEAF in July...)

Thanks, everyone, for voicing your opinions. It's been pretty quiet the last few days so I figure we have our tally of preferences by now. If I read it right, interestingly enough, we have 4 votes each for the 14th and 21st, and 7 votes for no preference. In fairness to East Bay members, I feel that we should have gathering #3 there and the better date for that is the 14th. So, let's lock it in for the 14th. Location still TBD though I'm looking for a location that is indoors and has a large enough meeting space. Possibilities include my company's boardroom (no answer yet), the Alameda County Library, or a restaurant with a suitable meeting area--need suggestions here for Union City/Fremont/Newark/Hayward from East Bay Members. I'm also hoping to round up a guest speaker.

OrientExpress said:
Just make it someplace where I can plug in so I have enough juice to get home!
Where are you at? Ideally, the location will be no farther than 30 miles from anyone with the exception of those living in Morgan Hill and Gilroy, who can carpool with me or stop by for a charge.

Fishleafer said:
May 14 is open for me as well. From Cupertino to Alameda Library, that is almost 50 miles though, so charging will be needed. (Do hope that I have my LEAF by then :)

I think the Alameda Library that gascant is talking about is in Fremont (450 Stevenson Boulevard). Correct Howard? According to Google maps it is about 25 miles from my home in Cupertino.

linkim said:
I think the Alameda Library that gascant is talking about is in Fremont (450 Stevenson Boulevard). Correct Howard? According to Google maps it is about 25 miles from my home in Cupertino.
That's where I made my initial inquiry, but it's not looking promising for a LEAF gathering as the parking lot is very busy and the public rooms fill up. I'm now thinking about the Newark branch just off Thornton Ave. I'll be checking it out this week. (It's 29 miles from my home in S. San Jose.)

Did you ask if Premiere Nissan in Fremont is willing to provide space for this meeting?

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=premier+nissan+fremont&fb=1&gl=us&hq=premier+nissan&hnear=Fremont,+CA&cid=8426008240941231877

TEG said:
Did you ask if Premiere Nissan in Fremont is willing to provide space for this meeting?

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=premier+nissan+fremont&fb=1&gl=us&hq=premier+nissan&hnear=Fremont,+CA&cid=8426008240941231877
That's a great idea! I'm chatting with someone there now as I am posting this reply. Let's see what I can find.

Have managed to secure the Newark Public Library for our next meeting on May 14th. Pluses: Reachable by most all BayLEAFs without needing a charge (see below), nice large meeting room holding 60 people, large parking lot with isolated area for a LEAF cluster. Minuses: No charging, no in-house food (but we can bring in), few restaurants in close proximity. For this meeting, we need to start at 9:00 AM but must vacate the room (not the parking lot) by 10:30. The good news here is that the library doesn't open until 10 so we'll have the place to ourselves for an hour. I'll have a key to get us in early. Rules of using the library are that we must have the meeting open to the public, but we'll probably be done before anyone non-BayLEAF shows up. And I don't see any harm of people coming up to us in the parking lot asking questions about EV's (the Librarian was sure interested in them).

I'm still working on a guest speaker--have two or three possibilities at the moment. I'd like to cover some other topics as well, such as venue rotation, affiliation with EVA meetings, advocacy activities, general topics by suggestion, etc.

This may not be an ideal location, but at least it will allow us to congregate in a single space and have a focused, all-included discussion. Obviously we are still trying to home in on the ideal setting. Distances from selected cities are:
Mountain View, 21 mi
Redwood City, 15 mi
Foster City, 21 mi
Golden Gate Pk, 39 mi (carpool w/Oakland or Berkeley?)
UC Berkeley, 29 mi
Oakland, 24 mi
S. San Jose, 29 mi
Gilroy, 50 mi (sorry Steve, but we can carpool)

Further suggestions and comments welcomed. Probably a lot of people in the April and May Delivery threads are not familiar with this group yet, so we may want to do some recruiting. Looking forward to seeing everyone in two weeks!

Great News!

For those of you directionally challenged:
Newark Public Library
6300 Civic Terrace Avenue
Newark, CA 94560-3766
(510) 795-2627

OrientExpress said:
For those of you directionally challenged:
Newark Public Library
6300 Civic Terrace Avenue
Newark, CA 94560-3766
(510) 795-2627
Oh yeah, would have helped to post the address, above. D'oh!!!!
Thanks for the help, OE :)
The library is near the intersection of I-880 and Thornton Ave, hence no posting of mileage from Union City or Fremont.

The location, date and time sounds great to me all things considered.
Ingineer said:
I probably cannot make the 21st, but the 14th is great. I should be able to bring some EVSE's
Phil, if you make it to the meeting could you bring some of those L6-20R pigtails for making adapters with you as well?

Also if anyone is coming to the meeting that needs a modified EVSE immediately and Phil runs out of modified ones I will gladly offer mine and can wait for the next modified one from Phil to be available.

Back