San Diego Nov 11 Movie "Revenge of eCar" & Nov 12 w/Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

Nov 12, 2011 @ 9am - 12 noon: The Nissan Electric Tour in San Diego. Let's meet and greet potential new LEAF owners with actual cars and owners! Perhaps some hands on navigation or a cruise down the freeway.

Call 1-866-879-3832 to RSVP with Nissan for Nov 12. Quick DC charger may be available.

Del Mar Fairgrounds, O'Brien Hall
2260 Jimmy Durante Boulevard
Del Mar, CA 92014

You will find our free parking area only by entering through the Solana Gate on Via de la Valle on the northern edge of the Fairgrounds, NOT at the Main Entrance on Jimmy Durante Blvd. that you may be familiar with. The Solana Gate entrance will be marked with a Nissan LEAF sign. At the bottom of the hill after you enter, let the attendant know you are a LEAF owner and provide your full name. You will then be directed to the free parking area. Once you arrive, please locate the registration tower. Inform the event staff that you are a LEAF owner and they will take care of you from there.

Nov 11-17, 2011 And finally, the movie "Revenge of the Electric car, at:
Ken Cinema

4061 ADAMS AVE.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92116

Information: 619-283-3227
Movie Line: 619-819-0236

Show times:

November 11-17

Friday through Sunday:
2pm
4pm
6pm (Premier night, Nov 11, with 50 free tickets from CCSE) <<<<<<<<<
8pm
10pm

Monday through Thursday:
4pm
6pm
8pm
10pm

SUCCESS- Oct 16, 2011 @ 12 noon - 2pm : Plug in America's 1st Annual "Plug in Day" and car parade down Balboa Ave. >>>>> Over 100 cars registered ! <<<<<, 78 cars were counted today!

If you'd like to participate on Nov 12 in San Diego, here's an email from Nissan:

We know you're just as passionate about the Nissan LEAF™, as we are. Now, get treated like a VIP as you share this enthusiasm with other potential owners at the Nissan LEAF™ drive electric tour. Receive a complimentary Nissan LEAF™ T-shirt*, and enjoy VIP parking as well as a VIP area with food and beverages. Plus, use our quick chargers to charge up while you're there**.

Call 1-866-879-3832 to RSVP, and make sure to check in with a staff member when you arrive. see you there.

*While supplies last. **Limited charging stations available. Test-drive vehicles will have priority charging

Hi Anthony

Great to speak with you this afternoon.  We are so excited that you and your LEAF crew are going to join us in San Diego!

Here are the details for the event:
Hours: 
Saturday, 11/12: 9:00am – 6:00pm
We plan on having your group arrive at 9:00AM
Del Mar, CA 92014

Details:
You will receive complimentary parking in the dirt lot PAST the main Del Mar Fairgrounds entrance on Jimmy Durante Blvd and across the street from the Fairgrounds.
Please ask for Mike Mowat when you arrive onsite – he is our Tour Director
You and your crew will receive a free Owner Exclusive T-shirt, beverages and snacks
LEAF charging access – please note the ride & drive vehicles have priority.

See everybody tomorrow at Balboa Ave. I pulled in for a little charge there tonight:

9c1aa48a.jpg

10News grabbed me for an interview that will be broadcast today at 5. So, if you'd like to see someone famous.... then skip the local news and drive up to talk to Garygid or Ingineer. :) But if you'd like to see me try to answer some questions about pros and cons, then watch.

Walter, great seeing you today, and you did a terrific job with 10 News! I loved the fact that the Plug-In Day piece was immediately followed by a report about higher gas prices!!! :mrgreen: :twisted:

walterbays said:
10News grabbed me for an interview that will be broadcast today at 5. So, if you'd like to see someone famous.... then skip the local news and drive up to talk to Garygid or Ingineer. :) But if you'd like to see me try to answer some questions about pros and cons, then watch.

Well, I missed the TV star, but maybe it'll be on again at 10pm.

TonyWilliams said:
Well, I missed the TV star, but maybe it'll be on again at 10pm.
It was a very positive story. But all I can say is that I'm glad they also interviewed some much more telegenic people. Mike Ferry was especially effective!

Of course they edited a lot out. I'm glad they left in my top reason for getting a Leaf - energy independence. Too bad they left out why I consider reducing oil consumption a matter of national security. They cut my explanation of never yet needing to swap cars to reach some destination outside the Leaf's range, and made it look like we have a gas car sitting unused in the garage. Actually we still use that car just like we always did, which is the main reason I can't get too sanctimonious about a Volt driver occasionally burning some gasoline. It's just that I had expected getting the Leaf would result in us using that second car more often, and it has not.

They also left out his opening question, which struck me as a "gotcha" question. Was I satisfied with the recharging infrastructure in San Diego? Well I am not. But then I didn't feel like this was the time or the place to whine about lack of facilities that I want other people to buy for me. So I honestly answered that I was satisfied with by far the most important recharging station - the one in my garage - but that for EV's to continue to grow they were going to have to expand the public infrastructure.

Anyway, if they replay it or post it on the 10News web site it's worth watching to hear Mike's answers. You also get to see a really cool electric motorcycle whose rider has no difficulties at all with infrastructure.

Nov 11-17, 2011 The movie "Revenge of the Electric car, at:
Ken Cinema

4061 ADAMS AVE.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92116

Information: 619-283-3227
Movie Line: 619-819-0236

Show times:

November 11-17

Friday through Sunday:
2pm
4pm
6pm
8pm
10pm

Monday through Thursday:
4pm
6pm
8pm
10pm

wow! free t-shirt? i need to move. will be seeing movie in Portland on Nov 4th. as it stands i still cannot buy tickets and have no idea if Nissan is doing anything there. will have the director Chris Paine there though. more than worth the price of admission!

Bump....

Nov 12, 2011 @ 9am - 12 noon: The Nissan Electric Tour in San Diego. Let's meet and greet potential new LEAF owners with actual cars and owners! Perhaps some hands on navigation or a cruise down the freeway.

Call 1-866-879-3832 to RSVP with Nissan for Nov 12. Quick DC charger may be available.

Del Mar, CA 92014

TonyWilliams said:
Call 1-866-879-3832 to RSVP with Nissan for Nov 12.
I signed up, Tony. You can also send email to the address they mention on the voicemail greeting at that number to RSVP. Jenna Wakefield at gmrmarketing.com got back to me right away with the confirmation info when I did that.

TT

ttweed said:
TonyWilliams said:
I signed up, Tony. You can also send email to the address they mention on the voicemail greeting at that number to RSVP. Jenna Wakefield at gmrmarketing.com got back to me right away with the confirmation info when I did that.

TT

I got an email from the California Center for Sustainable Energy, inviting the first 50 who respond to get free tickets:

Please keep this confirmation for your records.

Event Information and Location
Special Event - Revenge of the Electric Car San Diego Movie Premier
November 11th, 2011 6:00 PM- 8:30 PM

4061 Adams Ave
San Diego 92116

Event Contacts:
Phone 858-244-1177
Email [email protected]

ttweed said:
TonyWilliams said:
TT
I also RSVPed but then I read this on the web page for the event.
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Event/EventDetails.aspx?eid=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Complimentary Parking will be provided to Nissan LEAF pre-registered guests at the Solana Gate entrance to the Del Mar Fairgrounds on Via de la Valle between Jimmy Durante and Hwy 101. Please print out your test drive reservation to show parking attendant and follow the signs for 'drive electric tour' parking.
FYI Parking is not free at the fairgrounds and it appears the test drive is being held the same day as a ski expo. I don't have a reservation printout for a test drive. My RSVP email from Jenna Walker said to go to the registration tower, but I have a feeling that is after you already park. I've sent an email for clarification. I don't want to spend $10 to park.

Parking update: I just received this additional information concerning parking at the Del Mar Fairgrounds for the Nissan Drive Electric Tour:
You will find our free parking area only by entering through the Solana Gate on Via de la Valle on the northern edge of the Fairgrounds, NOT at the Main Entrance on Jimmy Durante Blvd. that you may be familiar with. The Solana Gate entrance will be marked with a Nissan LEAF sign. At the bottom of the hill after you enter, let the attendant know you are a LEAF owner and provide your full name. You will then be directed to the free parking area. Once you arrive, please locate the registration tower. Inform the event staff that you are a LEAF owner and they will take care of you from there.

I just bought my tickets online for the Nov 11 showing of "Revenge" at 6pm. Anybody else going?

https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/Ticketing.aspx?TheatreID=220&MovieID=12629&ShowDate=11/11/2011&ScheduleID=9297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Special Appearance at the Ken Cinema (San Diego, CA):

Joel Pointon, Electric Transportation Manager of San Diego Gas & Electric, David Almeida, Coordinator for the Caifornia PEV Rebate Program (CCSE), and Greg Newhouse, Chairperson of the local Clean Cities Coalition for San Diego, will appear In Person on Friday, November 11 for an introduction to and Q&A after the 6:00pm show.

TonyWilliams said:
Nissan was posting on Facebook for 50 free tickets for the Friday 2pm show.
Just got a pair. They were clear that the passes were good for ANY showing. You don't have to get on Facebook, just call 1-877-NOGASEV and press #4.

Back