San Diego DC Charge Non-Profit Organization (was Oct 1 meet)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
walterbays said:
Is anyone planning anything for National Plug In Day, Oct. 16? If so that would be a good topic to add to an already very busy agenda for Oct 1. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5584&start=10

Could we hook up with this event?

Granted, the logistics are a bit cumbersome!

With any luck, it looks like I should be able to make the Oct. 1 Balboa Park meet. Re: the Oct. 16 Orange Country event linked to above - San Diego has a significant enough LEAF presence that I would think a San Diego event could be staged. Balboa Park with its beautiful environs and available charge stations is the logical choice. Perhaps this discussion could be added to the Oct. 1 agenda. Something like the tailgate idea such as the Orange County event seems appealing. Casual, relaxed, welcoming to passers-by, with no agenda beyond socializing, presenting a positive experience, and creating additional awareness. Just a thought.

In any case, I hope to be there on Saturday.

LEAFguy said:
Re: the Oct. 16 Orange Country event linked to above - San Diego has a significant enough LEAF presence that I would think a San Diego event could be staged...... Perhaps this discussion could be added to the Oct. 1 agenda.

It's on the agenda:

9am - LEAF arrivals, please donate $2 for a door prize / raffle. Proceeds are all donated to the San Diego Auto Musuem

9:15 am - Car walk around… how many modifications can you spot?

9:30 am - Convene to Auto Museum classroom. Let's then vote on next meeting date / location, k? Planning for Plug in America's 1st Annual "Plug in Day" on Oct 16. Also, planning for the Nissan Electric Tour in San Diego on Nov 11-13. And finally, the movie "Revenge of the Electric car, also on Nov 11-13 at Ken Cinema
4061 ADAMS AVE.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92116

Information: 619-283-3227
Movie Line: 619-819-0236

9:45 am - LEAF written exam!!

9:55 am - LEAF door prize / raffle drawing and longest drive award

10 am - Discussion about L3 Quick Charging infrastructure in San Deigo

11 am - SOC meter discussion, possible assembly workshop and update flash.

12 noon - end of meeting

For the SOC-Meter part, do you need/want anything from me?

Does anybody there need a firmware update? Tony?

I have kits available if there are those who want to pre-order and:
1. bring $180 cash or
2. pre-pay from a balance in their PayPal account, or
3. add the extra $6 PayPal fee for paying by credit card.

I have Blue and Red displays, and 6-foot and 9-foot OBD cords available. The project boxes would have the (rounded corner) slot pre-milled for the display.

For an extra $10, also I have the Logging Port hardware Kit available.

All the instructions and documents come with the Kit, but are also on-line at
http://www.wwwsite.com/puzzles/socmeter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please let me know in time to respond and plan properly.

garygid said:
For the SOC-Meter part, do you need/want anything from me?

Does anybody there need a firmware update? Tony?
Please let me know in time to respond and plan properly.

Sorry, Gary, but I haven't been very focused on this part. Yes, I need a firmware update, and I want to get my unit to do data logging. I don't know who else does, so hopefully they will let you know. Certainly, we can have a workshop for those who would like some help building. I can bring a few soldering irons, drills, etc.

If you're driving down, bring the LEAF !!! If you drive slowly enough from south Orange County, you should be able to get enough charge to get home over three or four hours. See the sites in Balboa Park or downtown San Diego.

I'm in Miami at the moment, and Nissan is only just now introducing the LEAF here. Haven't seen one yet!

I'll try to make it - Saturday is busy with the kids. I've been wanting to learn more about the SOC meter....

The only upgrade we have is the Katzkin leather seats....

I'd love to be there but my one way distance is 172 miles (Moorpark). I need some L4 charging to get there in a timely manner... :mrgreen:

TangoKilo said:
I'd love to be there but my one way distance is 172 miles (Moorpark). I need some L4 charging to get there in a timely manner... :mrgreen:
Let's see, if you went 15 mph, and scheduled three 7 hour recharge stops... :D

From the The California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE):

...all electric vehicle drivers are encouraged to participate in an ad hoc electric vehicle parade down Balboa Avenue in honor of National Plug-In Day. Join fellow EV enthusiasts in this unprecedented nationwide observance drawing global attention to the benefits of plug-in electric vehicles.

If you have any questions or need any additional information please feel free to email or call Colin Santulli at 858-244-1195 or [email protected].

When: October 16th, 2011 12:00 PM through 2:00 PM

» Register Now

San Diego, CA 92123
United States

Thanks to everybody who came. We took a little test that you can participate in at this thread.

f7020a8b.jpg

Because, as everyone knows, red cars go faster, so all the Cayenne Red LEAFs grabbed all the EV charging spaces before any other color LEAF got there!!! ;)

It was great meeting all of you yesterday and seeing so many Leafs (Leaves) in one place.

As a new owner (less than one week) it was really helpful to get all my questions answered about the EV program, SDGE, rates, etc. Thanks, everyone!

--Angie

OilFreedom said:
Tony, thanks again for putting the event together -- including the quiz & goodies! The Automobile Museum was a great venue.

It was great meeting everyone! See you next time around...

You're welcome. We gave away a $50 gift certificate to California Pizza Kitchen to the winner of the quiz and 2 round trip tickets on the California Coaster train to the longest drive to the event (38 miles).

I'm sure I'll see many of you at the following events:

Date/time to be determined, but soon! A second meeting about DC chargers in San Diego. We need to formulate the details of our plan to build a non-profit/membership infrastructure of DC chargers throughout San Diego. We need a name, bylaws, basic business plan, tax ID #, website, etc (all the really boring stuff). My goal is that we'd have all the origination stuff complete fairly quickly. Please send me an email if you'd like to participate/help <tonywilliams at lovemyleaf dot com>. Obviously, those with specific talents in any of the previously mentioned subject matters would be most appreciated !

Oct 16, 2011 @ 12 noon - 2pm : Plug in America's 1st Annual "Plug in Day" and car parade down Balboa Ave.

Nov 12, 2011: Also, planning for the Nissan Electric Tour in San Diego, place and time to be determined by Nissan. Let's meet and greet potential new LEAF owners with actual cars and owners!

Nov 11-13, 2011 And finally, the movie "Revenge of the Electric car, at Ken Cinema
4061 ADAMS AVE.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92116

Information: 619-283-3227
Movie Line: 619-819-0236

Back