Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to ask if I can have SOLID DOUBLE SIDED COLORS with cobalt blue piping trim. I was planning on using Light Grey and ???? Does anyone have a recommendation as what other color would match the dash best? Tan, Charcoal, or Taupe? The following colors can be double sided; Black, tan, mocha, charcoal, light grey, navy, and taupe. I am also going to ask for a LEAF logo in cobalt blue.

Ouch. A dealer in the bay area offered to do the entire interior in Coach Leather for $1400, doors and all seats. No dolphins or pineapples though and not eco friendly but very nice leather.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I am going to ask if I can have SOLID DOUBLE SIDED COLORS with cobalt blue piping trim. I was planning on using Light Grey and ???? Does anyone have a recommendation as what other color would match the dash best? Tan, Charcoal, or Taupe? The following colors can be double sided; Black, tan, mocha, charcoal, light grey, navy, and taupe. I am also going to ask for a LEAF logo in cobalt blue.
I would probably go with charcoal, or black.

EVDRIVER said:
Ouch. A dealer in the bay area offered to do the entire interior in Coach Leather for $1400, doors and all seats. No dolphins or pineapples though and not eco friendly but very nice leather.
$1400? I dunno if I'm into leather that much...
Maybe get patent leather, with a bunch of zippers! Then you could put "THEGIMP" on your license plates. (geeky pulp fiction reference) :ugeek:

EVDRIVER said:
If the dealer is offering it for $1400, the shop that does it for the dealer will be doing it for well under a grand. Just a matter of finding a good one.

Just a reminder.
This is the final weekend for the group buy signup!
Starting monday morning is the beginning of the call-in period to order.

I think that I have decided on navy with the 1/2 piping
For my silver car
Though getting navy seats with the full piping in cobalt does seem interesting

Did anyone have any luck with the logo?

The pricing for full or half piping, is it for the whole set (both front and rear), or is it for either front or rear and if you order both front and rear then you'd have to pay twice the amount quoted?

Another question is according to this pic below, I assume that this is the standard, right? I remember an explanation that for the Standard, if there were any piping, it'd be black. But I don't see any black piping in this pic below either, especially around the head rest area. So does that mean that the Leaf seats just don't have any piping at all? Or is it because this is the standard so there's no piping, but the full and half piping WILL have piping for sure?

IMG_3845.JPG

So the question I have is if I were to order full piping, will there be any piping on the LEAF seat covers, like the blue piping shown in the pic below (I know the pic is not for the LEAF)?

0706-21-21-24p.jpg

Sorry if the question's been asked before, but what's included in the car care kit? I can't find the answer on the WetOkole web site. Does it have the UV protection solution, too? Or is it just the wet suit shampoo? If not containing both, how much is it for the UV protection? I assume it'd come with enough for 1 application for both front and back rows? How often does the UV protection have to be applied for maximum longevity?

Volusiano said:
The pricing for full or half piping, is it for the whole set (both front and rear), or is it for either front or rear and if you order both front and rear then you'd have to pay twice the amount quoted?
It is my understanding that the pricing is per order for the piping, but I have no way to confirm this at this point since we are now in the 11th hour, and WO is closed til I speak to them in the morning. I will ask, of course.
edit: I called and asked and the lady told me that the upgrade fee is per row. The discount still applies however. That will teach me for taking a guess (my old covers were standard seats). Sorry for the mis-info.
Volusiano said:
Another question is according to this pic below, I assume that this is the standard, right? I remember an explanation that for the Standard, if there were any piping, it'd be black. But I don't see any black piping in this pic below either...
So the question I have is if I were to order full piping, will there be any piping on the LEAF seat covers, like the blue piping shown in the pic below (I know the pic is not for the LEAF)?
Yes, those are standard seats, and I dont see any piping either, so I guess that answers that. If you order seats with piping, they will have piping.
Volusiano said:
Sorry if the question's been asked before, but what's included in the car care kit? I can't find the answer on the WetOkole web site. Does it have the UV protection solution, too? Or is it just the wet suit shampoo? If not containing both, how much is it for the UV protection? I assume it'd come with enough for 1 application for both front and back rows? How often does the UV protection have to be applied for maximum longevity?
In the kit that I got with my last order, it contained a bottle of UV protectant, bottle of shampoo, and a bottle of odor eliminator to make sure your covers stay funk-free, even after wet swimsuits, pets, etc. All the bottles are 8oz. and should be enough for several applications. Frequency of applications will vary with climate and use, of course, but here in washington, I only used it once per year, and my covers always looked like new.

Mx5racer said:
The full piping looks really good on that bottom picture.
Time is running out to decide.
I like the full piping too.
Really you have until the 27th to decide, the final day to call in to order, so you aren't out of time yet.

As you can see in the subject line, the signup period for the group buy is now closed.
I have sent the list to Steven, and will verify with him when they open that he has it.
Starting at 8AM, you can call in, and place your order.

In all, 105 members signed up to participate in the offer!

As for me, I have seen this as a chance to give something back to the MNL community, and I would like to personally thank you all for affording me the opportunity to do so.

So... cheers! I can't wait to see the pics! :D

First, Rake, thank you for organizing this group buy.

I am having a hard time deciding between Tan (#17) with Taupe (#100) piping vs Light Gray (#21) with Charcoal (#11) piping. I like the piping look but I guess just Tan or Light Gray without piping would work fine too.

My car is Glacier Pearl but I won't actually have it until July :) And it's tough to discern the colors online.

My current Honda Accord is white with tan leather seats. But the dash is also tan, so it all works nicely together. From the pics, the LEAF dash seems to be two shades of gray, so I don't know if tan will work well.

For those of you in this group buy lucky enough to be in possession of a Glacier Pearl LEAFs, do you mind sharing what you're thinking about ordering?

popak-I will probably go with #21 with #11 full piping, given the interior colors of the Leaf

stanley said:
popak-I will probably go with #21 with #11 full piping, given the interior colors of the Leaf
IMO the Cobolt Blue #23 piping is almost a perfect match for the blue accent on the dash and gear shift. I would use it on any color car except red, which would look better with red piping.

stanley said:
jcesare--Is the dashboard in the Leaf dark grey or cobolt blue?
It's dark and light grey but they have integated the blue in molded plastic areas on the center display console around the climate controls(looks just like piping), the optional kickplates, and optional center display appilque. The blue is also the dominant color on the electronic display.

gallery-4.jpg

gallery-5.jpg

accessory-5.jpg

accessory-7.jpg

Thank you for the clarification. I do not have the blue options in my interior that you have.

Back