Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rake said:
Yes, from what I understand, you can have both front seats heated. As for power consumption, I can say that it will be more efficient than running the climate control, which is why the heated seat option is part of the cold weather package due to be offered in a future model. The exact reason I will be ordering them. The actual wattage numbers I don't have handy, I only have the info from their website, thus far. But I don't mind taking a couple minutes to phone them in the morning and ask.

Thats nice. Yeah it will be nice to know the wattage but if it draws less than climate control I am ready to get them. I read that we need 2 free power supply ports for both the front seats. This would mean that we wont have anything free in case we want to use a third accessory. Is the power supply using the 12V battery or the cars battery pack?

Here's what I learned about the seat heaters.

Yes, the price listed on the first page ($27.20 after discount) is for the carbon fiber seat heaters, they only type they offer.
Each heater comes with a 12V plug on the end of the cord, so to use them you must plug them into a 12v accessory socket. Personally I wonder how hard it would be to cut this off, and hardwire it with an inline fuse. Probably not that difficult. The heaters are fused at 10A, so simple math tells us that 10A X 12V = 120 Watts each. I know it was discussed in another thread about how much power is available for accessories, but I can't seem to easily find it; if someone could chime in and tell us, please. When I asked about putting the heaters in the back seats, the CS guy said he saw no reason why not (unconfirmed), but you would need an available 12v socket (most cars don't have this). So again the hardwire idea comes to mind.

I will leave the Climate Control vs. 240-480W of seat heater efficiency number crunching to you engineering types. :geek:

edit: I found some other (similar looking) carbon fiber seat heaters on another site (for WAY more money), and the stated draw was 10A, fused at 15A, per the schematic. Perhaps there was some miscommunication between CS and I, or this is a different kit altogether.

I really doubt they use 10A, if that's what they are fused at. My guess is closer to 5A, maybe 8 at most. But someone would have to measure it and see.

I'd definitely hardwire it.. find a switched power lead with the largest supply fuse, add a 10A in-line, a lighted (indicating) toggle switch mounted in the center console. That would be a great kit. Nicest looking solution to heated seats as well.

LBCev said:
I'm interested. I requested a few swatches to check against my car; hopefully I'll get them in time. I'm torn between practical and funky. The blue of my LEAF isn't exactly subtle so maybe something equally eye catching is appropriate. I think that I'm going to breakout out the old color wheel. ;)

I'm leaning towards light grey with cobalt blue full piping. I think that best complements the interior blue accents.

0706-21-21-24p.jpg

The best part about these covers is the ability to take them off and use them as a wetsuit. I'm getting the Humuhumunukunukuapuaa embroidered onto my seat! Pineapples in the rear!

EVDRIVER said:
The best part about these covers is the ability to take them off and use them as a wetsuit. I'm getting the Humuhumunukunukuapuaa embroidered onto my seat! Pineapples in the rear!
:lol: :lol: Then all you would need is an air freshener that smells like Haupia Pie, and you're set! :lol: :lol:

the seat covers look neat, but I wonder about how hot they get.

moreover, they remind me of all the homes I went to as a kid where the parents had plastic and/or other slip covers on the furniture in the parlor.

I like the Leaf upholstery, though I had always preferred leather in my vehicles. I am no fan of the light color, but I think I will wait to put on the slipcovers. Use them when the seats need covering, not to save the seats for what?

YMMV, especially if you dont like their feel or grab, and if you are afraid the kids will mess them up.

My old Volvo floor mats, work really well in the front. I do appreciate the work Rake put into this, and it is locally made, which is a big plus to me.

thankyouOB said:
the seat covers look neat, but I wonder about how hot they get...
... Use them when the seats need covering, not to save the seats for what?...

Here's a link to some info where they describe the cover fabric: http://www.wetokole.com/difference.html

I will put the covers on as soon as I can, personally. I can be hard on auto interiors at times. I love my morning mocha, but accidents can happen, and I can't always pull over immediately in traffic to deal with any mishaps. I plan on keeping the car, but if I do decide to get rid of it, the seats will look as new as reasonably possible, perhaps increasing my resale value IMO.

Rake said:
EVDRIVER said:
:lol: :lol: Then all you would need is an air freshener that smells like Haupia Pie, and you're set! :lol: :lol:
Or carry around a few of these for emergencies.

:roll:

Rake said:
Each heater comes with a 12V plug on the end of the cord, so to use them you must plug them into a 12v accessory socket. Personally I wonder how hard it would be to cut this off, and hardwire it with an inline fuse. Probably not that difficult. The heaters are fused at 10A, so simple math tells us that 10A X 12V = 120 Watts each.

I really doubt each one will draw that much, probably would burn you since you dont have that much blood circulation on your bum.. perhaps not if the seat cover material has good insulation properties. I would wire it (with a relay) into the heater circuit, so it comes on with the heat.. or still use a relay driven by the accessory circuit to a lighted switch so you can turn it on-off.. and it will turn off no matter what when the accessories are off. A switch for each seat.

How about a heater for the seat back?, two interesting links:

Neoprene seat covers:

http://www.ehow.com/about_6546335_neoprene-seat-covers.html

Heating kits website:

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/

Herm said:
I really doubt each one will draw that much, probably would burn you since you dont have that much blood circulation on your bum.. perhaps not if the seat cover material has good insulation properties. I would wire it (with a relay) into the heater circuit, so it comes on with the heat.. or still use a relay driven by the accessory circuit to a lighted switch so you can turn it on-off.. and it will turn off no matter what when the accessories are off. A switch for each seat.

Oh, I doubt they draw anywhere near that too, even in the worst case. Probably only a third as much. Without one in hand, or more info, I don't care to speculate on that, thus the "simple math". I'll get out my ammeter and play around when they arrive. For max possible load purposes, I'll likely use 120W/per to figure the wire gauge for my install only.

I like the ehow.com page, hadn't seen that one before. I guess we know what their favorite is ;)

I have looked through the heatedseatkits page before, specifically for pricing on switches and control units. My wife loves the 5-setting switch in the Jetta, and if I could make that happen again in the Leaf, I would score some heavy-duty bonus points.

I was looking for seat covers because of my dogs ..On page 5 of this thread I saw a pic of gray seats with blue piping is that how they look :cool: I want want those so bad if thats how they look ..Could someone tell me if that is what they look like please..

mark13 said:
I was looking for seat covers because of my dogs ..On page 5 of this thread I saw a pic of gray seats with blue piping is that how they look :cool: I want want those so bad if thats how they look ..Could someone tell me if that is what they look like please..
I posted that picture from the Wet Okole web site photo gallery. It is from a Toyota Camry but I believe will be pretty close to what it will look like in a Leaf. Not sure if the piping is royal blue or cobalt blue. I plan to go with light grey and cobolt blue full piping.

http://www.wetokole.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ASCWOH&Category_Code=Toyota-Seat-Cover-Gallery

Ok, I'm in.
+1

Post up your color combos! The We Okole gallery is sorted by car, not color, which makes it hard to find the right combos.
I'm thinking Black Hibiscus centers, grey sides, and blue piping for a blue car. Anyone find an example of this? Too busy?

Alternatively, Grey Hibiscus centers, black sides, maybe a lighter piping.

Make double sure you follow the link and fill out the form at the top of page 1, and hit "submit". :!:

Closing the box does not add you to the spreadsheet!

You will see "Thanks! Your response has been recorded." if sent successfully.

I will weed out duplicates, if I have to, before I send it out. I would rather spend an hour doing that, than see you miss out.

IBELEAF said:
How many people do you have signed up already?

As of this moment, I have 56 non-duplicate member entries, for 101 rows of seating total.
A very strong start!

Also the question was asked in PM's twice now so I'll answer it here:
Q: I don't see any way to view the spreadsheet, how can I do that?

A: You can't. In the interest of protecting member's personal information, the spreadsheet is both locked, and password protected.
Until I pass the information directly to Wet Okole, I am the only person that can access it. If you have questions about the list, feel free to PM me.

Back