Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if they could offer a "LEAF" grapgic?

Possibly the blue Zero E logo, or the ZERO from the current ad campaign. From the Autographz!!! web site it looks like they charge $35 to set up a new Graphic.

Any interest

occ said:
Interested here. But can someone describe what is full/half piping? I can't tell the difference on their website. Thanks.

It is confusing, but I think I get it by looking at the pictures. With full piping you get solid color with piping all over and with half piping you get piping on the outside and solid color on the inside

Full piping
selections_full_s1.jpg

Half piping
selections_half_s1.jpg

I'm definitely feeling obtuse this morning...maybe I should ask "what is piping vs std covers"? It might help me understand the difference bet. full and half piping. Thanks again in advance.

occ said:
I'm definitely feeling obtuse this morning...maybe I should ask "what is piping vs std covers"? It might help me understand the difference bet. full and half piping. Thanks again in advance.

Ok, this is how it was explained to me:
1. Standard seat covers are black around the outside, you pick the center color, and the trim (piping) if any is black.
2. Seats with the half-piping option are still black on the outside, but the piping will match the center color.
3. Full piping seats are entirely of a color of your choice (no black), and you can pick a second color for the piping trim.

hope that helps.

occ said:
Piping is the trim (a folded piece of material) at the seams. The half-piping covers just have piping on seams on the outer edges. Full-piping has it on the interior seams as well.

The original post now includes pricing information. (Thanks again Steven!)
Hope that helps! :D

apparently piping is an embellishment of the seam where two pieces of material are sewed together, apparently you can select a contrasting color for that extra bit of material lining the seam. Thus each seam is made of three pieces of material.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piping_(sewing)

Any suggestions on what combination for the Red Leaf? Unable to decide what color combination would be a good choice.
Also is there a limit to the # of seat covers you can buy or can I buy in multiples?

Update: Based on my swatch #11 seems close enough to the dash color while #21 could go closer to the seat colors. None of them match exactly. I like the half piping seats with dual colors but if the exterior is always black I wonder if it matches. Although I guess black goes with anything.. Might get a Black with #11. Still unclear on the pipings etc.

Also since this is Leaf, I presume all the info about the kind of seats, headrests etc. are already defined. Can someone confirm the following answers. I have tried to answer some and might not be accurate.

- Deployed Airbags - No
- Type of Front Seat - Bucket Seats
- type of rear seat - 60/40 Seat
- Fold down armrest/Cup holder - No
- Electric Seats - No
- Head rests attached to frontseat - Double post
- Seat Material - Vinyl?
- Built in lumbar support for front seats - Yes?
- Front seats recline - yes
- Do the shoulder straps come out of the seat back - No
- Mounted arm rest - No
- Front seat seats 3 - No
- Transmission - Auto

Thanks

do we have seat-deployed air bags?

and does anyone know the product and can say if they ride hot in the summer like vinyl?

I have the glacier pearl exterior. Does anyone have a suggestion on what covers to order?

csriram45 said:
Also is there a limit to the # of seat covers you can buy or can I buy in multiples?

Also since this is Leaf, I presume all the info about the kind of seats, headrests etc. are already defined. Can someone confirm the following answers. I have tried to answer some and might not be accurate.

- Deployed Airbags - No
- Type of Front Seat - Bucket Seats
- type of rear seat - 60/40 Seat
- Fold down armrest/Cup holder - No
- Electric Seats - No
- Head rests attached to frontseat - Double post
- Seat Material - Vinyl? edit: (cloth)
- Built in lumbar support for front seats - Yes?
- Front seats recline - yes
- Do the shoulder straps come out of the seat back - No
- Mounted arm rest - No
- Front seat seats 3 - No
- Transmission - Auto

I know the discount applies to the 2011 Leaf, and I would imagine they would be happy to sell you all the seat covers you want, but I don't think the discount would apply to another make or model. Ask them! They are really nice people, you never know. As for the rest of the info, they should have all that already, but again if you have any concerns give 'em a ring.

thankyouOB said:
do we have seat-deployed air bags?
and does anyone know the product and can say if they ride hot in the summer like vinyl?
Yes, the Leaf does have seat mounted airbags, and Wet Okole has tested their covers to work properly with them. When I had them on my jeep, I would leave them in direct sun when the top was off, and they do get warm, but never hot like vinyl. In fact they always seemed to be a happy medium, year round.

I have a black leaf coming, and I think if I stick to the neutral colors, it should look fine (in any color car imho).

So what I am leaning towards ordering at this point is:
2 rows of seating (front and rear)
Full piping option covers in Grey #21 with black piping (trim) and rear pockets for the front (#11 might be nice too, but a bit dark, still time to decide .. swatches coming)
edit: Overridden by the wifey, the seats will be in Grey #11, with the lighter #21 for the piping
*maybe a gun-tote pocket for the driver's cover (for wallet and phone etc. I hate filling the center console or drink holders with that stuff)
Seat heaters x2 (x4 if they can fit/work for the rears too)

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
Can anyone tell me how much the carbon fiber seat heaters are per seat cover? I could not find this price.
Per the price list in the original post, the seat heaters are $27.20 per seat after discount. I only see one style of seat heaters on their site, so I'm assuming that is the correct price.
I see now that they are listed as an option for front seats, dont know if we can order them for the rears.

I'm interested. I requested a few swatches to check against my car; hopefully I'll get them in time. I'm torn between practical and funky. The blue of my LEAF isn't exactly subtle so maybe something equally eye catching is appropriate. I think that I'm going to breakout out the old color wheel. ;)

Rake, do you know whether the covers will allow access to the child seat anchors in the rear seat?

how much power do these heated seat covers take? do we have the option to get both front seats heated? i don't think we have the power supply for that do we?

stanley said:
Rake, do you know whether the covers will allow access to the child seat anchors in the rear seat?
No, I do not know for sure, but I can inquire.
Edit: Yes, they have openings to allow access to the child seat anchors. (funny when I asked about them there was a quick pause, and then he said, "oh, the baby hooks!". The mental image that popped into my mind was straight out of a Wes Craven film...)
csriram45 said:
how much power do these heated seat covers take? do we have the option to get both front seats heated? i don't think we have the power supply for that do we?
Yes, from what I understand, you can have both front seats heated. As for power consumption, I can say that it will be more efficient than running the climate control, which is why the heated seat option is part of the cold weather package due to be offered in a future model. The exact reason I will be ordering them. The actual wattage numbers I don't have handy, I only have the info from their website, thus far. But I don't mind taking a couple minutes to phone them in the morning and ask.

Edit: answer is in a post below

Back