Another Wet Okole seat cover group buy - is it time?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldogsrruff

November 2011 a member tried to get a new group buy together for Wet Okole seat covers. Ii looks like it fell through. I just bought a new 2013 SV and I really need to do something about these almost white cloth seats. So I will follow through on this if I can get several more owners interested in joining the group buy. So let me know your name, and seat cover insert and side color preferred, although the Okole Website states that the standard sides are black unless full piping is ordered. The light gray insert with the charcoal sides looks very nice and seemed to be quite popular last time. I do not particularly care about the piping or the "e" logo in blue.

Check them out at:
http://www.wetokole.com/Nissan_Leaf_seat_covers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are interested about the first group buy experience with this seat cover purchasing where the buyers were very pleased, read the forum history here. The prices have only gone up about $5 since 2011:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And for the DIY installation process see here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=100789" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well I can see why this has not been successful. With only 4 of us we cannot get a group buy set up. Too bad there is just not interest.

Brett

The Wet Okole covers are very good and worth the price imho, if you want something super durable that fits like it is OEM.

Even if you do have to order all alone. :)

I ordered one of the camouflage patterns, which seemed weird at the time but I've grown quite fond of it and it was the best for hiding dirt and doggie hair from our most frequent rear-seat passenger, a 175-lb American Mastiff.

When you think about it, it fits the "Leaf" motif perfectly :D

RT517-AP.jpg

I signed up for the previous one but I think they forgot about me. :(

I would be in for any group buy.

I'm interested as well. But are all Leaf's the same seat config no? Rear 60/40 and reg front seats? I've never seen "Captain" seats or arm rests before.

almost $600 is kinda hard to justify on covers. How much is the discount?

JasonA said:
almost $600 is kinda hard to justify on covers.

The product is extremely durable, and install looks as tight and clean as a custom professional re-upholster, imho. From my point of view you're getting a re-upholster for half-price. :)

original group-buy thread:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am getting back to everyone who is interested with an update.

I spoke with Steve at Wet Okole today. He let me know that with the summer ending business is slowing a bit Wet Okole will finally be able to set up and fill a group buy arrangement. Now is the time to get this group buy going. The discount will be about 20%. However, we need at least 50 orders to make this group buy possible. Fortunately, a front seat order and a back seat order counts as 2 orders. So we have:

1. me - bulldogsrruff
2. evodriver
3. tschaubal
4. psyclonus
5. alric
6. gotkwah
7. jasona

So looking at this as an optimist, which I like to be, we have 14 orders. We are a bit short. These are high quality seat covers at a great price, if we join together to make this happen. Aren't there all you new proud Leaf owners out there that want to keep your car pretty and clean. For a small investment we can make this happen. Let us hear from you from all over the country before the Leafs start during brown and winter comes. That is what I am most concerned about. Here in Maryland the mushy dirty snow we get is going to make a mess out of these off white seats.

If we can get some more owners committed, this is how it will work. I will send all the names to Wet Okole. They will arrange a convenient time for them to fabricate the covers and will let us know shortly. We will then have about two weeks to place our orders. That is it. So join in and specify whether you want the front seat covers, the rear seat covers, or both.

Maybe put this or have it moved under the forsale section like I did for my "group buy Brusa" thread...

No one will know these are for sale in here really.. have a mod move it into that area for more exposure, and have the prices posted so people know.

Thanks!

It looks like this group buy is not going to make it again. I guess folks are happy with what they have.

I have found two other options for the 4 of us that expressed an interest and for any one else.

First you can go to AutoAnything.com and get the Wet Okoles. They are already a bit discounted, and there is a 16% off of $150 or more coupon that one can apply - FRMTUNDRA16. This reduces the cost to $436.72 for the front and rear seat grey covers with black sides. There is free shipping included.

The second option is to go here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/293691-official-2013-fall-wet-okole-group-buy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tacomaworld has created a successful group buy for these seat covers with almost 200 participants, and probably 400 orders. They are getting 20% off and getting a free gift with each order. They have made it clear that any vehicle and any model can join this group buy. This is what I have decided to do, With this option you can order any design and option you want, whereas AutoAnything only has one type you can order with different color inserts. The cost is about the same, as with this group buy you must pay $20 shipping for 1 order, $30 shipping with 2 orders. With the group buy you must register at Tacomaworld by Sept. 22, 2013, and then you can complete your order by phone from Sept 23 to Oct. 4. So for those that are really interested you have till Sunday, about a week, to get your order started,

Good luck.
Brett

Back