Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife, a friend and I visited Wet Okole this weekend. It looks like this on the out side:
440_4058.JPG

and this on the inside:
440_4059.JPG

After the three of us looked at all the colors, we thought the most elegant would be half-piping, with #100 all over (both down the middle of the seat and edges) with darker piping (#26). These colors went well with the other colors in the interior.

#100 (on the seat)
440_4050.JPG

#26 (on the seat)
440_4054.JPG

We decided against the blue piping, but here they are on the dash.
440_4057.JPG

The little round patches are for a dash cover

garygid said:
100 orders all of a sudden ... a really good bunch of business, I expect.

Maybe they will let us do another "group buy" in another 4-6 weeks?
The business has been good, and they are happy.

Has anyone had any issues with the ordering process?
I tried to be as thorough as I could, to make things go smooth, so if there is a hitch in the process let me know so I can do what I can to remedy it.

As for another group buy, WO typically only does 2 group specials per year. One in the spring, and one in the fall. We just happen to have good timing, and a car they would like to see get some attention. Steven related to me that he usually receives several calls per week about discounts, and generally the answer is no. If this turns out to be the success that WO and I hope, they might give us another chance later on, but likely they will give another car the chance at the fall special. We'll see. After this is all over, and the time is right, I'll talk to Steven about it. They're slammed right now, summer is busy for them, so bugging him at this point might be counterproductive.

I ordered #11 Charcoal on the outsides of the seat covers with #21 Light Grey on the middle of the seat covers. I accented the inside & outsides of the seat covers & head rests with #23 Cobalt Blue piping. I also ordered pockets, seat heaters, & care kit. I was told to expect three weeks for delivery. These are going to be so nice. I really appreciate all the time & efforts Rake has put into making this group buy possible.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I ordered #11 Charcoal on the outsides of the seat covers with #21 Light Grey on the middle of the seat covers. I accented the inside & outsides of the seat covers & head rests with #23 Cobalt Blue piping. I also ordered pockets, seat heaters, & care kit. I was told to expect three weeks for delivery. These are going to be so nice. I really appreciate all the time & efforts Rake has put into making this group buy possible.
I would really like to see this combination.. very close to what I was looking at, but couldn't decide how the Charcoal outside would look, and whether Black would be better... decisions decisions.

I ordered front and rear covers in charcoal, with the light gray full piping, and the round zero emissions logo in blue. Also seat back pockets for the front row.

I think they'll look really sharp, I can't wait, although I'm getting alot of practice in waiting... like for my Leaf. :cry:
Any day now, at least I'm told. I think this means any day between now and the end of the year...

"It is what it is."

The deadline for ordering is 4pm, Friday the 27th.

popak said:
I tried to sell 21-21-23P or 11-11-23P to her but she said it reminded her of Tron and then called us all geeks :ugeek:

Tell her the MCP has scheduled her to be de-ressed. ;)

I feel like a kid in a candy store..I already ordered but that Z pic makes want to change to a dual color.. :)

mark13 said:
I feel like a kid in a candy store..I already ordered but that Z pic makes want to change to a dual color.. :)
Yeah, they look pretty hot.
Until they start making them, you could probably call them and change things up, if you're serious.

I ordered full piping covers 21 with 23 piping
And the E logo and map pockets

thanks for making the discount possible
It made me not want to look at the alternatives

Beachcliffs said:
They are going to see if their supplier can e-mail some examples. If I get them, I will try to post them here (probably not until tomorrow at the earliest).

The Wet Okole customer service rep told me that there are three options: a) the somewhat circular "e" from the zero emission graphic b) the word "LEAF" or c) the "e" above the word "LEAF". If they provide samples of the three, I am likely to go with option "c)". Otherewise, I will just go with the word "LEAF" (which they tell me is in the font used by Nissan).

Customer service rep just called to let me know that no samples of the graphics are currently available, "supplier is basically going to go to Nissan website to replicate what they find there". I could not get clarity on whether the "e" would be stand alone or part of the "e" in "Zero Emmisions" (sounds like the former). For our car, I decided to go with simple "LEAF". Hopefully folks will post photos of actual covers once they are installed. That way, future orderers will be better able to decide which direction they want to go. Although, with the apparent rush from MNL forum members, I am guessing that Wet Okole will end up with numerous LEAF photos within their Nissan gallery on the website.

Getting back to that Z seat pic...Im not going to change from my order of the Camry type seat covers for the Leaf..Im thinking of ordering those for my Miata..I need to quit looking at pics that are posted here before I run out of money :lol:

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I ordered #11 Charcoal on the outsides of the seat covers with #21 Light Grey on the middle of the seat covers. I accented the inside & outsides of the seat covers & head rests with #23 Cobalt Blue piping.
OK, I'm confused here. I thought full piping is 1 main color + 1 piping color selection. Half piping is 1 main color in the middle, black on the outside (no other color choice offered and it has to be black on the outside) + 1 piping color selection. And standard is 1 main color in the middle, black on the outside, and no piping color choice, and if there's any piping required, it'd be in black.

I didn't know one can order 3 colors like you described (1 main color in the middle, 1 outside color (instead of black only), then 1 piping color. What do you call this option? Does it cost more than full and half piping?

Volusiano said:
ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I ordered #11 Charcoal on the outsides of the seat covers with #21 Light Grey on the middle of the seat covers. I accented the inside & outsides of the seat covers & head rests with #23 Cobalt Blue piping.
OK, I'm confused here. I thought full piping is 1 main color + 1 piping color selection. Half piping is 1 main color in the middle, black on the outside (no other color choice offered and it has to be black on the outside) + 1 piping color selection. And standard is 1 main color in the middle, black on the outside, and no piping color choice, and if there's any piping required, it'd be in black.

I didn't know one can order 3 colors like you described (1 main color in the middle, 1 outside color (instead of black only), then 1 piping color. What do you call this option? Does it cost more than full and half piping?
I'm pretty sure you're correct in your thinking, Volusiano.

I called Wet Okole today and confirmed that both "standard" and "half-piping" are black on the outside with one color on the inside. The piping on a "half-piping" order is the same color as the inside panel. There are no options which include three colors.

"Full-piping," on the other hand, means that both the inside and outside are the same color. There are only six colors available for this option; 11, 12, 17, 21, 24, and 235. The piping can be any one of their 24 solid colors (including the panel color itself, which would result in a monotone cover).

I'm not sure where ColumbiaRiverGorge got his information; if he has indeed placed the order he describes, Wet Okole misinformed me and I stand corrected on everything I just said! :)

Glenn

OK, here it is.  I spent too much time researching my car seat covers because who pays $500 for seat covers, even with a discount, I guess I do. See page nine of this thread. You can do double sided colors (limited colors) with half or full piping accents (inside, outside, or inside & outside accents on the seats & headrests. I saw this originally done on what Skywagon posted pictures of a Jeep with 3 colors with full piping, inside and outside of the outer color, including the headrests. (pg. 4 of possible group buy of Wet Okole seat covers (delete). The picture is no longer there, but it looked sweet.  I chose the console cover to also to be charcoal, because the Jeep looked really nice that way. You can go to their website & look at double sided colors or maybe Skywagon will grace us with the 3 colored Jeep seat cover pictures again?

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
OK, here it is.  I spent too much time researching my car seat covers because who pays $500 for seat covers, even with a discount, I guess I do. See page nine of this thread. You can do double sided colors (limited colors) with half or full piping accents (inside, outside, or inside & outside accents on the seats & headrests. I saw this originally done on what Skywagon posted pictures of a Jeep with 3 colors with full piping, inside and outside of the outer color, including the headrests. (pg. 4 of possible group buy of Wet Okole seat covers (delete). The picture is no longer there, but it looked sweet.  I chose the console cover to also to be charcoal, because the Jeep looked really nice that way. You can go to their website & look at double sided colors or maybe Skywagon will grace us with the 3 colored Jeep seat cover pictures again?
I guess if you say you already ordered it, that means Wet Okole must have accepted your order, which means that they allow you to place a 3 color order. Well, that opens up a lot more possibilities then.

I have a few more questions on this, then.

1. What is the cost for this 3 color option?
2. What do you call this option? So when I call to order, I can call it out correctly.
3. What are the limited colors? It's best to give the color numbers instead of the color names for reference.
4. Is the piping color limited to this small set of colors only? Or can it be part of the larger set of colors?
5. How can you mix and match exactly again? Specific to the head rest? Can you match the headrest to either the inside color or outside color? Can you pick the color of the back of the front bucket seats, or is this going to be the same as the outside color only?

Volusiano said:
I have a few more questions on this, then.

1. What is the cost for this 3 color option?
2. What do you call this option? So when I call to order, I can call it out correctly.
3. What are the limited colors? It's best to give the color numbers instead of the color names for reference.
4. Is the piping color limited to this small set of colors only? Or can it be part of the larger set of colors?
5. How can you mix and match exactly again? Specific to the head rest? Can you match the headrest to either the inside color or outside color? Can you pick the color of the back of the front bucket seats, or is this going to be the same as the outside color only?

edit: I think there has been a mis-understanding somewhere. There is no 3 color option that I am aware of. If you THINK you ordered in 3 different colors, please call them back and verify things.

My wife and I went to Wet Okole in Costa Mesa over our lunch break because she really needed to see the covers in person. After looking through the display models and swatches in more detail, we have changed our order to 11-11-21P (charcoal with ligh gray piping) from 21-21-11P (light gray with charcoal piping).

Originally, she didn't want the darker charcoal seats because it would be too much of a contrast from the otherwise light interior and darker seats also make the interior look smaller. But the light gray seat will get dirty a lot and that's why we ended up switching. David, the incredibly helpful guy at Wet Okole, pretty much said the same thing "most stains are easy enough to clean but you'll be cleaning a bit more with light gray". Of course, whiter stains, I think, will show more on characoal, so if you plan to spill lotion or sun block in the car, YMMV :) Ultimately, we decided that charcoal was the better bet for us (especially with kids).

I have to say, the charcoal with light gray piping seat they have on display looked pretty slick. I am typically a leather seat guy but I like this Wet Okole material, feel, and look a lot better now.

Rake said:
edit: I think there has been a mis-understanding somewhere. There is no 3 color option that I am aware of. If you THINK you ordered in 3 different colors, please call them back and verify things.
Btw, we also entertained the idea of getting charcoal or light gray with cobalt blue (#23) piping. I know this is subjective but the cobalt blue piping seems better with light gray (that Totota Camry pic that everyone likes is light gray with navy blue piping, 21-21-24P). While we were discussing that, David, unsolicited, mentioned that one of the MNL guys was getting an 11-21-23P (charcoal outside, light gray inside, cobalt blue piping). He said "we do that sometimes". So it may not be something they advertise, but it may be available for certain colours. We didn't question him further on price because we had already decided against the cobalt blue piping for us.

Of course, call and verify with Wet Okole directly.

Skywagon said:
Ah i see. If you read the thread he admits that it is usually not allowed, because it can be a fashion disaster, and he had to fight to get it. He also says the price was around $600, so no discount for him, I'm thinking.
In my talks with WO, they don't offer this, so I don't know what the circumstances were behind it.
They have already been so generous, and willing to work with us, I won't be the one to bug them for any more favors. We're already getting special treatment. If we make a name for ourselves now as being a pain in the butt, we can kiss any future discounts goodbye IMO.

Back