Northern LA County EV Gathering every month - Northridge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the weeknight meetings because it it too difficult for me to pull off in a short amount of time after work. I have a 40+ mile drive and need several hours charge to make it back up the hill.

Unfortunately, I have never been able.to join this group even thought it is the closest. I have gone down to the Cerretos/Santa anta gatherings several times... Even took the LEAF on the 87.2 mile one way trip to Cerritos.

So we have TomT, Sharon, LittleChap, Myslef +1, any others? Perhaps the next meeting will be on a Saturday in the AM? Sorry to have some miss out!

Just a bump to remind people of the meeting... I'll see you all there!

Since a number have asked for it, we'll plan our February meeting to be a Saturday morning meeting... Location suggestions are welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gathering number 6: 6PM, Thursday, January 19, 2012

Since this worked so well last time: At the California Pizza Kitchen in Burbank, around 6pm. Burbank put in some chargers near the town center mall, so charging is available and free until July.

Burbank Town Center
601 N. San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502

Hi ... sorry to say that, due to a schedule conflict, I'll be unable to attend this one. Hope you guys have fun!

-Michael

I have not yet scheduled our "SoCal-Gatherings for February, so I will try to work around your Saturday choice so that I might be able to attend your meeting.

Then I will probably schedule the 11th and 25th (or the 4th and 18th) for our Gatherings.

OK, I'll make an arbitrary and capricious decision and schedule ours for the morning of February 18. Location TBD.

If you can make it, perhaps I can pick up my SOC Meter kit from you then.

garygid said:
I have not yet scheduled our "SoCal-Gatherings for February, so I will try to work around your Saturday choice so that I might be able to attend your meeting.
Then I will probably schedule the 11th and 25th (or the 4th and 18th) for our Gatherings.

I would like to join you folks for the first time this Thursday on the 19th. 37 miles 1-way, -.6 kft altitude change, so some charge there would be appreciated, but not totally necessary. Traffic through Pasadena and Glendale will most likely be heavy, so I will try to get an early start and possibly risk getting there early.

I have a conflicting meeting that night. Sorry, I won't be able to be there.

tbleakne- You should have no trouble charging with all the stations nearby.

There are EVSEs nearby so you should be good to go!

tbleakne said:
I would like to join you folks for the first time this Thursday on the 19th. 37 miles 1-way, -.6 kft altitude change, so some charge there would be appreciated, but not totally necessary. Traffic through Pasadena and Glendale will most likely be heavy, so I will try to get an early start and possibly risk getting there early.

tbleakne said:
I will be there very early, so I will charge behind Sports Chalet, and can move for you to make sure the spaces don't get iced. Hasn't been an issue in the past, but you never know. If you get there and I am not around, you can unplug me and plug yourself in. There have been cones left there which people have been using to keep the spaces clear for EV's. The signage is vague on one space so if there is a cone in it, just move it. The handicap/EV space is also ok to use, at least I did the other day with no issues. My plate frame says Wildcatzoo.org and it is a silver Leaf.

So I count 7 of us - TomT, Sharon (With her famous Leaf) +1, Joel, tbleakne, and Myslef +1.

TomT, would you like me to call CPK and let them know we are coming again?

Joel, if I do, should I ask them to check the espresso machine, or will you just give up on that one?

Looking forward to seeing everyone. By all means, let them know that their image is on the line (on-line) :lol:

Well I had oe more long time EV supporter opt in, so it is still 7. Hope he feels better.

I will ask about the cappuchino, but I will not be held responsible!!!

Got an email from my friend this morniing:

"I hope it's ok that I extended an invitation to a friend, colleague, and neighbor of mine to join us. X is planning on coming in his new BMW ActiveE if that's ok. I figure it will be interesting to see this new EV. He just picked up his on Sunday and the first one was delivered last week so this is hot off the press."

Names were removed in the interest of privacy. See you all there. If any new people want to join in, please call CPK and let them know more people are coming. For now, we are at 8, 6 Leaf's, one Tesla roadster, and now a BMW Active E!

I haven't made the reservation yet, but will do so around 4:!5PM. I will use the name Leaf.

Caracalover said:
tbleakne said:
I would like to join you folks for the first time this Thursday on the 19th.
I will be there very early, so I will charge behind Sports Chalet, and can move for you to make sure the spaces don't get iced. Hasn't been an issue in the past, but you never know. If you get there and I am not around, you can unplug me and plug yourself in. There have been cones left there which people have been using to keep the spaces clear for EV's. The signage is vague on one space so if there is a cone in it, just move it. The handicap/EV space is also ok to use, at least I did the other day with no issues. My plate frame says Wildcatzoo.org and it is a silver Leaf.
Thanks very much for this extra effort. I have the location in my GPS and I will try to judge the traffic to get there about 5:30pm.
A friend of mine (not a Leafer) would like to us at 6PM, if that is OK.

Sure, that would be great! Thanks!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the BMW E! If I was doing it over again today, that is very likely how I would have gone...

Caracalover said:
TomT, would you like me to call CPK and let them know we are coming again?

Back