Northern LA County EV Gathering every month - Northridge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT,
We enjoyed meeting you and "L" today, Thanks. :D :D

No, somebody else wanted an SOC-Meter at the meeting, but
still needed to decide upon Kit or Built ... come-on brain (rattle)! :eek:

Likewise! Linda and I enjoyed it too and it was nice to put a face to the name!

My SOC Meter construction is already well underway. I'm going to let the RTV cure overnight...
And my AVR JTAG Programmer is standing by for the next firmware rev.
garygid said:
TomT,
We enjoyed meeting you and "L" today, Thanks. :D :D

Seems like this meeting is going to be a very low turnout, perhaps a holiday weekend is not the best time to have a get together. I am going to opt out as a family obligation has arisen.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Well, perhaps it is best to just cancel this one then.

Caracalover said:
Seems like this meeting is going to be a very low turnout, perhaps a holiday weekend is not the best time to have a get together. I am going to opt out as a family obligation has arisen.

Bumped because of the change!

Gathering number 7: February 15, 2012

6PM until whenever

Lulu’s Restaurant
16900 Roscoe Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Ph: (818) 988-0707

Well, it sounds like the 15th is not attracting too many people either, and another event has popped up for me so if the meeting is not going to be well attended I am going to pass. Sorry about that, but these things happen.

It's interesting that we have had no luck in generating the type of interest and attendance that other groups have... I don't know what the solution, if any, to that is...

Caracalover said:
Well, it sounds like the 15th is not attracting too many people either, and another event has popped up for me so if the meeting is not going to be well attended I am going to pass. Sorry about that, but these things happen.

I will be meeting at least one other person on Wednesday the 15th, 6pm at Lulu's. Anyone else who is interested is welcome. Please let us know here.

TomT- please do not change this thread's title until after that date. Thank you.

The problem with scheduling meetings may be finding a good time/place or a critical mass of people that are interested.

Lulu’s Restaurant
16900 Roscoe Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Ph: (818) 988-0707

I would love to meet with you guys... I was planning to come down on the 18th before the change and was considering leaving work early and driving the ICE to make it on 15th, but if the turnout is going to be low it may not be worth the effort to make the drive on a weeknight.

Speaking from my experience, the meals are fun, whether attended by 5 people or 15 people.

Many Northern LA folks commute with their Leafs, so a weekday dinner might be tough for them.

I'm teaching online from home this semester because our baby is due at the end of March. But I just got put on a gestational diabetes diet, so I can't really much at restaurants.

I'll have to meet up with you all some time down the line.

Lulu's is 52 miles from Claremont. Not doable without some charge, and the week-day traffic could be a problem. Enjoyed the Burbank meeting; hope to see you folks again at some other location.

The Saturday potluck breakfast at JPVLeaf's and her family in Irvine attracted something like 9 Leafs, 12 adults, a few kids. Only I lived far enough away to need charge, and that was not critical (38 miles 1-way).

My area seems worse than yours in terms of attracting Leafers to share a meal. EricH, who is not too far from me, joined us in Cerritos last month, and I know of other nearby Leaf owners, but I am not sure they even participate in this forum.

Would some of your group be willing to travel to Pasadena ? there are a lot of good restaurants there, and that is easy for me without extra charge. There also is some L2 charge available, but not free.

Pasadena would be fine with me for a future get-together.

tbleakne said:
Would some of your group be willing to travel to Pasadena ? there are a lot of good restaurants there, and that is easy for me without extra charge. There also is some L2 charge available, but not free.

Back