Northern LA County EV Gathering every month - Northridge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom -- are you going to pick a day soon... perhaps the last week of October or early November? Also, since we've talked at these meetings about SOC meters and other modifications, have all of you from this group seen the NY Times article at the weekend. If not, here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/3ofp9zh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best wishes and I look forward to seeing you again. Bob

Update: It appears I have a conflict on the 12th so it is back to the drawing board on a date! How about breakfast on the 13th, around 9am?

There doesn't seem to be any clear consensus on day of the week or time at this point, so I'm thinking the evening of Saturday November 12 at LuLu's at this point... My October is slammed work-wise so the remainder is pretty much out for me.

BobTarlau said:
Tom -- are you going to pick a day soon... perhaps the last week of October or early November? Also, since we've talked at these meetings about SOC meters and other modifications, have all of you from this group seen the NY Times article at the weekend. If not, here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/3ofp9zh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best wishes and I look forward to seeing you again. Bob

Saturday, 11/12 at Lulu's looks good. What time?

We should consider meeting in additional locations if it would attract other interested people. Though, since no one has posted that Lulu's is "geographically undesirable," we may as well continue to meet there. Eventually, we could have rotating locations for the meetings similar to Orange County which alternates between Santa Ana and Cerritos.

Talked with caracalover at the St Monica event. He is still interested but is very busy presently. Also talked with sharona, kataphn, keijidosha and cdub there.

I hope to have a homemade Quick220 completed by this meeting. Expect to see TomT with the new daytime driving light mod. Anyone else up to no good?

It appears I have a conflict on the 12th so it is back to the drawing board on a date! How about breakfast on the 13th, around 9am?

91040 said:
Saturday, 11/12 at Lulu's looks good. What time?

We should consider meeting in additional locations if it would attract other interested people. Though, since no one has posted that Lulu's is "geographically undesirable," we may as well continue to meet there. Eventually, we could have rotating locations for the meetings similar to Orange County which alternates between Santa Ana and Cerritos.

Talked with caracalover at the St Monica event. He is still interested but is very busy presently. Also talked with sharona, kataphn, keijidosha and cdub there.

I hope to have a homemade Quick220 completed by this meeting. Expect to see TomT with the new daytime driving light mod. Anyone else up to no good?

Sunday mornings are a little tough for me--as I have freelance work then. Be nice to leave it on a weekday evening if possible. Thanks! Bob

OK, we'll just push it to later in the month then... In fact, there is so much going on in November for so many people on so many days that it may just have to get pushed to the next month...

BobTarlau said:
Sunday mornings are a little tough for me--as I have freelance work then. Be nice to leave it on a weekday evening if possible. Thanks! Bob

We should consider a meet up in Burbank again. They now have four chargers, two at the Orange Gorve Parking structure behind city hall, and two next to the Sports Chalet entrance at the mall.

Holiday cheer got anyone in the mood for a California Pizza Kitchen get together?

Either of those would work for me!
Caracalover said:
We should consider a meet up in Burbank again. They now have four chargers, two at the Orange Grove Parking structure behind city hall, and two next to the Sports Chalet entrance at the mall.

Holiday cheer got anyone in the mood for a California Pizza Kitchen get together?

A meeting in Burbank would be great. Who is going to step up and set a date and time?

Please avoid the Orange County meeting Saturday morning, December 17th.

Sounds like a Wednesday night, say 6 pm might work for most people, or would 7 be better? How about the Winter Solstice, the 21st sound? It is the first night of Hanukah, so perhaps the 14th would be better?

Gathering number 5: 6PM, Wednesday, December 14, 2011

At the California Pizza Kitchen in Burbank should be tasty, around 6pm. Burbank put in some chargers near the town center mall, so charging is available and free till July.

Burbank Town Center
601 N. San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502

OK, so we are up to three, TangoKilo, 91040, and myself. Anyone else interested in talking Leaf in Burbank?

Thanks Tom for changing the titile, sorry you can't make it, but hope to see you at a future gathering.

It's not likely but if we finish shooting in time, I'll be there. Maybe late just to say hello... We will be down the street at Warner Bros. so at least it is in the neighborhood...

Caracalover said:
OK, so we are up to three, TangoKilo, 91040, and myself. Anyone else interested in talking Leaf in Burbank?
Thanks Tom for changing the titile, sorry you can't make it, but hope to see you at a future gathering.

Sorry will miss you two Sharon, it will be great to see you Michael. So it seems we are up to four witha possible 5th coming late. Any want to be Leaf owners want to join us? We are all happy to talk EV and answer questions!

Back