Northern LA County EV Gathering every month - Northridge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be leaving Pasadena at 5:30pm so will probably get to Lulu's closer to 6:30pm

tbleakne: For Wednesday the 15th- If you want to Leaf-frog, I can bring you back to Pasadena after. Parking would be at the Schoolhouse structure in Old Town. You can charge on L1 or use my Avcon adapter for L2. There is a fee for parking, $6 maximum.

91040 said:
I will be leaving Pasadena at 5:30pm so will probably get to Lulu's closer to 6:30pm

tbleakne: For Wednesday the 15th- If you want to Leaf-frog, I can bring you back to Pasadena after. Parking would be at the Schoolhouse structure in Old Town. You can charge on L1 or use my Avcon adapter for L2. There is a fee for parking, $6 maximum.
You might also want to meet in Burbank to Leafrog, the chargers there are still free for now.

Sounds like more of you have opted in, so I will also, at least for an hour or so. I need to be back in Burbank at 7:30, but count me in for an Appetizer!

As to attendance, we could advertise the event dates outside the forum, using Facebook, etc. etc. So far I haven't really done that since the resteraunts are limited seating to begin with. I like a Saturday meet up open to all and advertised to all our collective friends, but we should choose a place like the LA Zoo, Descanso Gardens, or anywhere else with a large enough parking lot we can all park together, and then spend some time talking EV. From there we can break into smaller groups to go get charged up or fed.

We could also meet up to play Golf. We can call around until we find a course that will let those of us that need to charge, charge (Likely L1, bring your own cord). Afternoon rates this time of year shouldn't be too bad, but I don't play golf often. I will make some calls if enough people respond. I suggest sending me individual responses for this one, so as not to muddy up this thread too much.

Oh! I'd written this down a few weeks ago when the meeting was still scheduled for the 18th. I just checked in to double-check the location and now I see it was moved and I missed it. Hope everyone had fun!

EVLover said:
Oh! I'd written this down a few weeks ago when the meeting was still scheduled for the 18th. I just checked in to double-check the location and now I see it was moved and I missed it. Hope everyone had fun!
I did the same thing last night. Oh well, next time!

There are now two Blink public chargers in The Granada Shopping Village behind the Kinkos at the corner of Chatsworth and Zelzah in Granada Hills. There is no signage on them or the parking stalls (yet) but since that are a good distance away from the more desirable parking locations, hopefully ICEs won't feel compelled to park there... I tried them both with my Blink Card and both are functional for the moment at least (as we all know, there is no guarantee with Blinks).

Since there are a number of eateries within walking distance, perhaps this might be yet another possible meeting location...

egohti.jpg

March 31st in Pasadena (At city hall) there will be an EV workshop for those interested in learning more about the EV experience. They will be test driving Coda, Volt, Mitsubishi, and of course our beloved LEaf's. The workshop is set for a 10:30 AM start time, I was thinking we could meet up at 9 or 9:30 AM just to hang out for a while.

Don't know how many of you might want to make it a day to get together, but it seems like a great time and place to have a meet up.

If people are interested in the workshop, I can get the info for them.

I plan to be there.

Information also posted also here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6069&start=20#p182863" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would appear that interest in this group and its meetings has waned so I'm going to declare this thread officially dead. If someone else wants to resuscitate it later, by all means be my guest!

TomT said:
It would appear that interest in this group and its meetings has waned so I'm going to declare this thread officially dead. If someone else wants to resuscitate it later, by all means be my guest!
Bummer!! I would think that proximity to Santa Monica would make this one a hotbed of LEAF activity. No?

Seems like most of us are too busy driving the Leaf to spend time getting together. It is a shame, but such is life. I now have over 17,000 miles on mine.

Well, it appears as if we are once again, after a long absence, going to have regular EV meetings in the North L.A. / San Fernando Valley area! I'll see everyone there!

------------------------------------------

Electric Vehicle Association of North Los Angeles/North America meeting at Bob's Big Boy at Noon to 5pm.

Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge (8876 Corbin Ave #15770, Northridge, CA 91324) Now, every third Saturday of each month (The 22nd for this month) we will meet from 12:00 Noon to 5:00PM (not that you have to be there the entire time!) and share/swap ideas to advance our common interest in Electric Vehicle Culture in Southern California!

Next, I am pleased to announce the development of a great working relationship with PHAT Energy; featuring their PHATport Solar Canopy System. CEO/General Manager Phillipe Hartley is a veteran of the solar industry and we both concur that facilitating the connections between the Photovoltaic and EV/EVSE communities is in everyone’s best interest and makes the systems architecture (EV-EVSE-PV) that much easier.

See you guys there!
Jason

Every third Saturday of each month we meet, socialize, and share/swap ideas to advance our common interest in Electric Vehicle Culture in Southern California!

The Electric Vehicle Association of North Los Angeles/North America monthly meeting is at Bob's Big Boy from Noon to 5pm. We will meet for lunch in the back area of Bob's (furthest from the door) from noon to 1pm for those who wish to nosh. Then from 1pm to 5pm we will have the EV meet in the parking lot outside. This will include meet and greets, discussions, displays, and test drives of various EVs. You do not have to stay for all of it and can show up and leave any time you like between noon and 5pm! We have had a good turn out of both people and EVs of all kinds and hope to see it grow bigger every month!

Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge (8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA 91324). SE Corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave.

For more information, contact Paul Neuhausen at [email protected]

For a meeting to succeed someone has to take ownership of it. We in Orange County are lucky that Garygid is supporting our meets. Our meetings are becoming generic EV meets. In addition to our Leaf's, Rav4's and Tesla's are showing up. I sat next to a group of RAV4 owners at the last meet I attended.

As for myself, I only make the occasional meeting but I know they are there if I decide to attend.

Paul Neuhausen <[email protected]> is the point person...

GlennD said:
For a meeting to succeed someone has to take ownership of it. We in Orange County are lucky that Garygid is supporting our meets. Our meetings are becoming generic EV meets. In addition to our Leaf's, Rav4's and Tesla's are showing up. I sat next to a group of RAV4 owners at the last meet I attended. As for myself, I only make the occasional meeting but I know they are there if I decide to attend.

91040 said:
Looks like I can attend a June 21st meeting around 1 pm. Last month, stopped by around 4:30pm but all were long gone.

Please go to this thread for Orange County meeting dates

Please go to this thread for San Diego County meeting dates

EV Meet Ups in Orange County, San Diego County and Los Angeles County

All meet-ups on Saturday:

June 7 - Poway (San Diego County), 8:30am to 11am, Hamburger Factory, 14122 Midland Rd, Poway, CA 92064
Phone: 858-486-4575

June 14 - Cerritos (Orange County), 8:30am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 11471 South St, Cerritos, 562-402-8307

June 21 - Northridge (Los Angeles County) 12pm - 5pm - Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge, 8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA 91324). SE Corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave.

June 28 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8:30am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

*** August 9 - Irvine (Orange County), 9am - 12 noon, "World's Largest Electric Vehicle Gathering", now tentatively planned for:***

Courtyard by Marriott
Irvine Spectrum
7955 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA

Back