Early September -- check your status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabio said:
I got the same email today -- my dashboard has not changed though

Ingen said:
Okay it's official (-ish), Nissan just sent me an email saying my car will be arriving in February 2011. Anybody else get this email this morning?

Just checked my dashboard this morning. My delivery date changed from "Month of February 2011" to "Month of March 2011". It's only changed on my dashboard, I didn't get a new email from Nissan. That's odd, but a March delivery will fit my schedule better so I'm glad about it! :)

Ingen said:
Just checked my dashboard this morning. My delivery date changed from "Month of February 2011" to "Month of March 2011". It's only changed on my dashboard, I didn't get a new email from Nissan. That's odd, but a March delivery will fit my schedule better so I'm glad about it! :)
Thankfully my dashboard remains month of Feb.

When did you order (you can include that in your signature).

I would like to convey a personal "Thank You" to the e.e. cummings wanna-be down in Nashville that sent out the email blast this morning entitled:

"Nissan LEAF News--It's here!"

It included a hot link to my dashboard where the status is still.......Pending.

Should have added. "Just not YOUR Nissan Leaf."

Non-coincidentally I also received an email from the "Boeing World Design Team" describing their "environmentally progressive products and services."

If my wife ever sees that new Nissan Quest, it's "Goodbye Leaf."

Electric4Me said:
That's interesting that folks who ordered on 9/2 received a Feb delivery email today, but so far 9/1 folks (like myself) haven't received anything... Perhaps they're not sure about us yet?

Actually, some received the 'February delivery' email after ordering in October or late Sept. I ordered and confirmed the RAQ on Sept. 30, but still 'Pending' and no email yet. I would be happy with a Feb. delivery.

garygid said:
Ordered Sep 13 and still Pending.

Are there some after 13 Sep Orders that are NOT Pending?

You are worried about Sep 13? I am on Sep 1 and still Pending when pretty much everyone else on Sep 1 already got their date... I am now hoping for March time frame...

Still pending here. Does anyone know what gudy's config was? Did he order a dc quick charge port? I did and am starting to wonder if that's what causing the delay

Lots of info here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AptkktKEhdz9dGhheXpqT09naFdkYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=0

Gudy's config and a good idea of order date to dashbord/delivery mappings so far.

evnow said:
Ingen said:
Thankfully my dashboard remains month of Feb.

When did you order (you can include that in your signature).

It's in the spreadsheet. October. Ingen's report is the most disturbing for me thus far. Makes me wonder again if delivery does end up being based on reservation.. not because I didn't reserve earlier (I did), but because the amex snafu delayed my registration confirmation.

who knows... guess it'll get here when it gets here at this point. Nissan, if you're listening, you should really consider a different way of handling communication about these sorts of things. Can't you see the frustration on behalf of your future owners/early adopters at this point? It can only lead to problems from a PR perspective if left unaddressed. <sigh>

Just checked and mine has changed from February to March as well! This after having changed from January to February earlier... Very depressing, and it decreases my confidence in the delivery process and time-line... Color me not happy.

mogur said:
Just checked and mine has changed from February to March as well! This after having changed from January to February earlier... Very depressing, and it decreases my confidence in the delivery process and time-line... Color me not happy.
Are they reading your posts here ? ;)

Mine still shows Feb and I'm keeping my fingers crossed ... :?

lettcco said:
Guess I am not the only one with early sept order date and still wondering why the status is still pending!

That's true there are a lot of us. I ordered Sep 8 and am hoping for delivery by the end of the 1st Quarter of 2011... and if it takes longer than that, it is what it is. After all, others that have envisioned EV or PHEV vehicles (Fisker, Aptera and Phoenix are examples) are miles and miles behind their original promises. I think Nissan should be accorded a few extra months (or even a half-year) of patience to get large numbers of Leafs into driveways. The longer-than-first expected time doesn't dampen my enthusiasm one bit.

I thought I'd be the first to use this obvious reference:

dudewheresmycara.jpg

BobTarlau said:
lettcco said:
Guess I am not the only one with early sept order date and still wondering why the status is still pending!

That's true there are a lot of us. I ordered Sep 8 and am hoping for delivery by the end of the 1st Quarter of 2011... and if it takes longer than that, it is what it is. After all, others that have envisioned EV or PHEV vehicles (Fisker, Aptera and Phoenix are examples) are miles and miles behind their original promises. I think Nissan should be accorded a few extra months (or even a half-year) of patience to get large numbers of Leafs into driveways. The longer-than-first expected time doesn't dampen my enthusiasm one bit.

What'll get me is if celebrities, politicians, and the like get there cars before the ones who reserved do...

Back