Early September -- check your status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope I do mean OCTOBER 3 as in 10/03/2010. Yeah, I'm surprised I'm the only October order that has a February estimated delivery date. Again, I didn't receive an email from Nissan, I just see it on my dashboard.

I contacted Nissan in November to see if I could push myself further down the list, they said you can only take yourself off the list. Which means I would have to wait until they open up the ordering queue for the 2012 Leafs. :cry:

Ingen said:
Nope I do mean OCTOBER 3 as in 10/03/2010. Yeah, I'm surprised I'm the only October order that has a February estimated delivery date. Again, I didn't receive an email from Nissan, I just see it on my dashboard.

I contacted Nissan in November to see if I could push myself further down the list, they said you can only take yourself off the list. Which means I would have to wait until they open up the ordering queue for the 2012 Leafs. :cry:

Notice that Ingen reserved early on 4/20. Maybe, regardless of order (RAQ) date, the deliveries are still being prioritized by reservation order.

Ingen, when were you first able to RAQ? Was it early September or even 8/31? If so, did you wait to order until October because you weren't in any hurry for the car?

My "request a quote" email from Nissan was dated 9/29/2010 and if I remember correctly I asked for a quote that day, but my dealership didn't get back to me until 10/3/2010. I'm just as curious as all of you as to why I have such an early delivery date!

Do you guys think it has anything to do with living in Los Angeles? It is, after all, one of the bigger markets for this kind of stuff.

drees said:
Ingen said:
My "request a quote" email from Nissan was dated 9/29/2010
The question is - how quickly were you able to pay your $99 reservation fee on 4/20?

I guess immediately. I used a MasterCard right on the website and it went through immediately as far as I know.

I am going with the theory that reservation date/time determines delivery, not order date/time. It is the only logical explaination.

But wait, I quote from email transcript of my chat with Nissan CS:

"Your delivery date will be based on the date that you accepted your price from the dealer. Once you accepted the quote for the dealer that places the order for the vehicle."

So the only logical explaination is that there is no logical explanation. :D :?

OK, uncle, uncle, I give up! I promise I will not call again and ask about my delivery date. :mrgreen:

Maybe there is no rhyme or reason to the delivery dates, BUT it would make more sense that the queue is based the submission date of your order (not reservation), right?

In any case, to clear up some stuff here's the timeline of my reserving/ordering process based on the emails I have archived: (All times are in PST)

April 20, 2010 - 2:30pm - Put in my reservation on the website
April 21, 2010 - 11:03pm - Received email confirming my reservation
September 29, 2010 - 3:04pm - Received my "request a quote" email.
September 29, 2010 - 4:26pm - Received "You dealer has your RAQ" email.
October 3, 2010 - 3:13pm - Received quote from dealership
October 3, 2010 - 6:26pm - My order was accepted by the dealership
December 8, 2010 - approx. 8:00am - Estimated Delivery Date was changed from "Pending" to "the month of February 2011."

Ingen said:
Maybe there is no rhyme or reason to the delivery dates, BUT it would make more sense that the queue is based the submission date of your order (not reservation), right?
Maybe - except that many EV project people appeared to have their orders delayed because of delays in getting accepted into the program - and back then Nissan said that your place in line would not be affected by the delay.

Ingen said:

In any case, to clear up some stuff here's the timeline of my reserving/ordering process based on the emails I have archived: (All times are in PST)

December 8, 2010 - approx. 8:00am - Estimated Delivery Date was changed from "Pending" to "the month of February 2011."

Doesn't explain why I'm still pending, though :(

Okay it's official (-ish), Nissan just sent me an email saying my car will be arriving in February 2011. Anybody else get this email this morning?

Ingen said:

My initial reservation was closer to 5p or 6p on April 20 and I got the same Sept 29 RAQ.
I accepted the RAQ on Sept 29
Link to edit color is still available and staus is still pending for me.

Although I take your progress as encouragement that all is going fine and mine will be in production very soon.

My latest conclusions for myself...

Reservation time, regardless of payment (I was one of the amex snafus), determines RAQ date.
Confirmed order date determines delivery.

*except for special cases, ambassadorship, celebrity status, etc.

I suspect you're right, sdbonez. That's the only column that seems to match up nicely with the Delivery Date Estimates in order. There are some inversions between 1/5 and 1/19 dates, but it could be bad data.

Some folks are using local time, some 12hr vs 24hr time, and some are probably using the arrival time from gmail or somesuch.

I hope more people list their Order Confirmed email date/time, using the 24-hour timestamp in the email header itself (PDT). Hint hint.. :)

GroundLoop said:
I suspect you're right, sdbonez. That's the only column that seems to match up nicely with the Delivery Date Estimates in order. There are some inversions between 1/5 and 1/19 dates, but it could be bad data.

Some folks are using local time, some 12hr vs 24hr time, and some are probably using the arrival time from gmail or somesuch.

I hope more people list their Order Confirmed email date/time, using the 24-hour timestamp in the email header itself (PDT). Hint hint.. :)

ok, ok... removed the ams and pms and converted to 24hr just for you :)

I got the same email today -- my dashboard has not changed though

Ingen said:
Okay it's official (-ish), Nissan just sent me an email saying my car will be arriving in February 2011. Anybody else get this email this morning?

That's interesting that folks who ordered on 9/2 received a Feb delivery email today, but so far 9/1 folks (like myself) haven't received anything... Perhaps they're not sure about us yet?

Back