Nissan's Broken Promise

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else have trouble figuring out what is being said here? I can't tell if his battery was replaced 4 years ago in April, a week or so of his purchase, or if it has been replaced recently and he still doesn't know if it has or???
I read the story as a a LEAF had its pack replaced under warranty some 2 years ago, and now the owner wants another warranty replacement. Pretty impressive if the replacement pack only lasted 2 years.

But who knows. English without punctuation or grammar is a foreign language

Anybody else have trouble figuring out what is being said here? I can't tell if his battery was replaced 4 years ago in April, a week or so of his purchase, or if it has been replaced recently and he still doesn't know if it has or???
I'm sorry if what I said wasn't clear, let me try again.

We bought a 2017 Leaf in April of 2020. It had about 38,000 miles on it and the battery capacity was down to 7 bars. I took it to the local Nissan dealer a few days after we bought it, and they replaced the battery with a new 40 Kw battery.

Now, less than 4 years later, with 68,000 miles on the clock the car is back at the Nissan dealer and they claim Nissan has authorized a battery replacement and they have ordered a new battery. They told me to expect 4 to 6 weeks to get the new battery installed.

The battery capacity still shows 12 bars, but the estimated range varies dramatically once the state of charge goes below about 50%. From what I've read here on the forum that may mean there are bad cells in the battery.

They have had the car 4 weeks as of yesterday, and we've been driving a Nissan Kicks, courtesy of Enterprise Car Rentals and Nissan. I haven't heard anything about the status of the repair.

Back