Early September -- check your status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered 9/2 and still pending! I'm really starting to worry about the charging dock holding me up. I asked for a waiver after I placed my order, and my dashboard still says "it's time to schedule the installation of your home charging dock". I have never had a chance to "sign" a waiver, because no waiver link has ever shown up over on the right side. I paid the "sucker-C-bill" for an assessment last summer even though I knew at the time I was unlikely to get the dock.

planet4ever said:
Ordered 9/2 and still pending! I'm really starting to worry about the charging dock holding me up. I asked for a waiver after I placed my order, and my dashboard still says "it's time to schedule the installation of your home charging dock". I have never had a chance to "sign" a waiver, because no waiver link has ever shown up over on the right side. I paid the "sucker-C-bill" for an assessment last summer even though I knew at the time I was unlikely to get the dock.

Yes, I'm wondering if waiting to order my EVSE installation is holding me up. I didn't get the waiver, but I wasn't sure if I was going to get the AV EVSE or not. I finally got my information from my utility about dual meter installations and realized that there weren't going to be any alternatives to the AV EVSE, to allow me to decide to go ahead and order the AV EVSE installation. But I only scheduled the installation 5 days ago, last Friday, even though I accepted the quote weeks ago.

I'd hate to think that Nissan held off on my delivery because I hadn't scheduled the EVSE installation yet.

However, I think that EVDRIVER is the only one with an order date after 9/2 who has been given a delivery date. We're a pretty anxious bunch to get worried by one piece of data, aren't we?

Yep - I think EVDRIVER is still the only one. No oddities with your order or anything?

Going to call Nissan tomorrow - I still show "eTec Application Accepted*" in yellow with no check mark followed by "your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** has been accepted. eTec will contact you with more information prior to the arrival of your Nissan LEAF. questions? contact Nissan at 1-877-664-2738" - want to make sure something isn't held up somehow.

I've signed my Ecotality agreement - that was the last I've heard...

I applied the waiver after I orderedt and ne never scheduled an installation.

... and now it's back to Feb 2011 -- I don't know who's taking care of their web presence, but they are complete clowns.
If you want to play around with the database, you should use a staging area, and never _ever_ play with the customer facing application.

Fabio said:
... and that's why now I'm back to Pending status!???! F******** !!!!

Boomer23 said:
planet4ever said:

Yes, I'm wondering if waiting to order my EVSE installation is holding me up.

Well, I'm somewhat reassured about my particular situation. I spoke with AV this morning and they said that they work according to Nissan's schedule, but they don't feed information back to Nissan when AV and the customer are resolving details about the EVSE installation. She was reassuring that at least my decision making with AV didn't delay my delivery schedule as far as Nissan was concerned.

I also called Nissan and was told that my EVSE installation scheduling absolutely didn't impact when my car is delivered.

That's for my particular situation of course, your mileage may vary.

Boomer23 said:
Boomer23 said:
Yes, I'm wondering if waiting to order my EVSE installation is holding me up.
Well, I'm somewhat reassured about my particular situation. I spoke with AV this morning and they said that they work according to Nissan's schedule, but they don't feed information back to Nissan when AV and the customer are resolving details about the EVSE installation. She was reassuring that at least my decision making with AV didn't delay my delivery schedule as far as Nissan was concerned.

I also called Nissan and was told that my EVSE installation scheduling absolutely didn't impact when my car is delivered.

That's for my particular situation of course, your mileage may vary.
Coincidentally, I also just got off the phone with Nissan and AV ... as I was initially wondering if the fact that I was not proceeding with an AV EVSE would affect my place in the production/delivery queue (my order summary still allows me to edit the car color). While researching this, she noticed that I have not 'signed off' on the waiver even though it was 'enabled'. However while researching, she noted that 'the waiver was not visible on my reservation' to sign ... for some reason. Turns out I needed to call Aerovironment (Sarah) ... through 877-NO-GAS-EV ... so that AV can cancel the quote. Only after that will the the waiver be available for me to sign off on through my dashboard so that it will be finalized. (sigh)

As with your EVSE issue, I was reassured that this would not affect my place in the production queue. But, it is odd how little things like this with the ordering process don't get explained (by Nissan). :cry: Luckily, I learn about them here on this forum.

sdbonez said:
Yep - I think EVDRIVER is still the only one. No oddities with your order or anything?

Going to call Nissan tomorrow - I still show "eTec Application Accepted*" in yellow with no check mark followed by "your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** has been accepted. eTec will contact you with more information prior to the arrival of your Nissan LEAF. questions? contact Nissan at 1-877-664-2738" - want to make sure something isn't held up somehow.

I've signed my Ecotality agreement - that was the last I've heard...

I confirmed with Nissan today that an 'ETec Application Accepted*' message without a checkmark is the final state on the dashboard for this line item for an EV Project Participant. In other words, if you're in the EV Project and don't have this on your dashboard, they're still waiting on something (acceptance into the program, on-site review, acceptance of on-site review were the 3 steps I had to go through). After this appeared, I've done one further step with Ecotality.. that is, I've accepted my EV Project agreement (not on the Nissan website)

..just thought I'd share.

I ordered September 2, reserved on April 20th. Installed the AV EVSE on November 15. Delivery date: PENDING. So I decided to ask Nissan when I can expect to have a delivery date. I've posted the reply from Nissan below. Based on that reply, it's looking like March would be the best case scenario. Fist it was 3-4 months, now it's 4-7, and they'll contact 90 days before delivery. I'm starting to wonder what they'll come up with next.

Thank you for taking the time to personally contact us about your interest in the Nissan LEAF.

When can I expect to be know my delivery date? I ordered on September 2nd, reserved April 20, #88D68433 .

We apologize for any confusion. For planning purposes we do estimate that delivery will occur approximately 4 to 7 months after your final order was submitted online. Rest assured, we will contact you 90 days prior to your expected delivery. Then 30 days prior your delivery timing information will be updated online within your reservation account on a weekly basis. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

We appreciate your time, and encourage you to share our contact details with friends and family. For your convenience, we can be reached:

Adrian,

the people who work in customer support (including the managers) are expected to recite a script they have been given.
If you have been reading this forum, not even gudy (who will receive his car in 2 days) was contacted by Nissan 90 days prior.
So don't lose your hopes.

Fabio

Adrian said:
I ordered September 2, reserved on April 20th. Installed the AV EVSE on November 15. Delivery date: PENDING. So I decided to ask Nissan when I can expect to have a delivery date. I've posted the reply from Nissan below. Based on that reply, it's looking like March would be the best case scenario. Fist it was 3-4 months, now it's 4-7, and they'll contact 90 days before delivery. I'm starting to wonder what they'll come up with next.

Thank you for taking the time to personally contact us about your interest in the Nissan LEAF.

When can I expect to be know my delivery date? I ordered on September 2nd, reserved April 20, #88D68433 .

We apologize for any confusion. For planning purposes we do estimate that delivery will occur approximately 4 to 7 months after your final order was submitted online. Rest assured, we will contact you 90 days prior to your expected delivery. Then 30 days prior your delivery timing information will be updated online within your reservation account on a weekly basis. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

We appreciate your time, and encourage you to share our contact details with friends and family. For your convenience, we can be reached:

JPVLeaf said:
Coincidentally, I also just got off the phone with Nissan and AV ... as I was initially wondering if the fact that I was not proceeding with an AV EVSE would affect my place in the production/delivery queue (my order summary still allows me to edit the car color). While researching this, she noticed that I have not 'signed off' on the waiver even though it was 'enabled'. However while researching, she noted that 'the waiver was not visible on my reservation' to sign ... for some reason. Turns out I needed to call Aerovironment (Sarah) ... through 877-NO-GAS-EV ... so that AV can cancel the quote. Only after that will the the waiver be available for me to sign off on through my dashboard so that it will be finalized. (sigh)
Well, I guess we can't expect consistency from phone bank "help" desks. I thought you might have the key to my situation here, so I called AV. Roland looked up my account then told me that the waiver only applies to people who want to order without getting the AV assessment. Since I did get, and pay for, the assessment, and have ordered the car, I don't need to sign a waiver. He said I can ignore the quote if I don't want to agree with it, and assured me, as everyone else has said, that my status with AV will not affect my ordering priority with Nissan.

planet4ever said:
Well, I guess we can't expect consistency from phone bank "help" desks. I thought you might have the key to my situation here, so I called AV. Roland looked up my account then told me that the waiver only applies to people who want to order without getting the AV assessment. Since I did get, and pay for, the assessment, and have ordered the car, I don't need to sign a waiver. He said I can ignore the quote if I don't want to agree with it, and assured me, as everyone else has said, that my status with AV will not affect my ordering priority with Nissan.
Yeah, just odd ... as to lack of consistency. Many times it seems to be a toss up as to whether you are getting the correct answers from CS. Which is unfortunate. The Nissan chat lady actually spent quite a while with me ... researching ... back and forth ... researching .... Oh, well. I'm wondering if AV really even needs to cancel the quote, as Sarah said was necessary. It does not seem to matter at this point.

FWIW, my situation was that I had my assessment done on 7/2, got the AV quote about 10 days later. Called Nissan to 'enable the waiver' prior to my order date, 9/3, because I'm decided to forgo the L2 for now ....

Well, the good news is that what happens with AV doesn't seem to not affect your position in the production queue. ;)

I was able to change my color up until December 7, 2010. The next day, December 8, 2010 I couldn't change my color and my estimated delivery now says, "month of February 2011"!!! I have yet to receive an email from Nissan about this new delivery date but my dashboard definitely says, "month of February 2011".

I reserved on April 20th at 2:30pm PST. Requested a quote on October 3, 2010 3pm, accepted offer on October 3, 2010 at 6pm (though I shouldn't have since Universal City Nissan didn't give me any discount on it :cry: ). I have no EVSE and I signed the waiver sometime in July.

Frankly, it's early than I expected which completely messes with my schedule! I'd prefer to get it later in the year! Oh well. I'm hoping the delivery date is wrong.

Ingen said:
I was able to change my color up until December 7, 2010. The next day, December 8, 2010 I couldn't change my color and my estimated delivery now says, "month of February 2011"!!! I have yet to receive an email from Nissan about this new delivery date but my dashboard definitely says, "month of February 2011".

I reserved on April 20th at 2:30pm PST. Requested a quote on October 3, 2010 3pm, accepted offer on October 3, 2010 at 6pm (though I shouldn't have since Universal City Nissan didn't give me any discount on it :cry: ). I have no EVSE and I signed the waiver sometime in July.

Frankly, it's early than I expected which completely messes with my schedule! I'd prefer to get it later in the year! Oh well. I'm hoping the delivery date is wrong.
You may be the first with an October order date and February 2011 delivery date.

Ingen said:
I'd prefer to get it later in the year! Oh well. I'm hoping the delivery date is wrong.
I'm sure that it'd be possible to delay your purchase (try contacting Nissan) and everyone else in between will happily move up a slot...

Back