Vanity License Plates ideas???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kataphn said:
Oh, I tried that 800 number but it put me in robo answer hell. I asked for the operator and was on hold 45 minutes before I gave up. I did this several times and gave up for good. I wanted to tell them too that on line said Culver was closed! :eek:

Oh, OK. I had a feeling that it might be that way. I actually have an appointment for the 18th...the first day I can go....I'll just show up and play dumb.

They told me that they have to notify you 3 times, at least 2 weeks apart, but that it often ends up being 30-day intervals. After that, the plates are returned and destroyed.

So, the best is to go get the plates put on your currently-registered car, else the DMV will NOT give them to you. Go to the DMV office that you had the special plates sent to.

Then, if you do not really want them on your current car, go back (at least a week later) and say that you want regular plates for that car, and that you want to "Retain" the special plates. You now get to keep the plates, awaiting your new car.

Both should be no-charge transactions.

If you have troubles, there is a state "complaint"? DMV office, with a phone number that connects to humans, in Sacraento, CA.

garygid said:
They told me that they have to notify you 3 times, at least 2 weeks apart, but that it often ends up being 30-day intervals. After that, the plates are returned and destroyed.

So, the best is to go get the plates put on your currently-registered car, else the DMV will NOT give them to you. Go to the DMV office that you had the special plates sent to.

Then, if you do not really want them on your current car, go back (at least a week later) and say that you want regular plates for that car, and that you want to "Retain" the special plates. You now get to keep the plates, awaiting your new car.

Both should be no-charge transactions.

If you have troubles, there is a state "complaint"? DMV office, with a phone number that connects to humans, in Sacraento, CA.

Thanks, Gary. I followed your advice and it worked just as you described. I went back to AAA for the final switch. They weren't busy. Literally, took me 5 minutes at AAA.

Finally! :)

20100921_DRP_LEAFEV_006_sm.jpg

DrPowell said:

Cool.

I'm still debating ...

0-EMSSN
CO2FREE
OILFREE

Unfortunately my original idea of NO2OIL is not ok - because "K, W, or N followed by 1 letter, 1 number and 3 letters (used for HAM plates)" is not allowed.

evnow said:
DrPowell said:

Cool.

I'm still debating ...

0-EMSSN
CO2FREE
OILFREE

Unfortunately my original idea of NO2OIL is not ok - because "K, W, or N followed by 1 letter, 1 number and 3 letters (used for HAM plates)" is not allowed.
Those are good. Hard to fit some ideas into seven letters. In the end, I punted and used the license plate frame to help.

My second choice was REVOLTN, a double entendre: 1) re-VOLTing (EV pun), or 2) revolution...which I hope we're starting here.

One obscure idea considered & rejected was KAERU, a Japanese word that means both "frog" and "change". Seemed to fit but no one but my friends from Japan would get it.

Here are a few ideas. All of the plates below (with one exception ;) ) are currently available for the taking in California:

SOLR 4ME
SOLR 2GO <- except this one - reserved it for myself just now :D
SOLR YES
SOLR FTW
SOLR MY
heart2y.png

heart2y.png
EV SOLR
PLUGZ N
PLUGZ+N
240V PWR
SLNT PWR
EV RULZ
EV XTASY
EV BLISS
EV JOY
UBER EV
CYA GAS
24KWH EV

I just completed my California DMV vanity plate order. 8-12 weeks for delivery.

TRONZ

VERY surprised this was not taken yet. Pretty much future proof. ;)

Xenalmorph said:
I just completed my California DMV vanity plate order. 8-12 weeks for delivery.

TRONZ

VERY surprised this was not taken yet. Pretty much future proof. ;)

Went ahead and reregistered under the (elec)TRONZ vanity plate I ordered tonight. Xenalmorph out!

I will be EV Kathy on my plates. They are Yosemite special plates. I already have them in my hot little hands. Now if I could just order!

mwalsh said:
Ooh, NEW FUEL is available in CA!

new-fuel.jpg

Very Nice! Grab em while they last cuz it seems like alot of the "electric" themed plates are getting snatched up here in CA. This is a good sign I think.

Back