Vanity License Plates ideas???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azrich said:
I have a suggestion for those getting personalized plates and yet you have more to say to the world. Really, I got this idea from darelldd on his http://evnut.com website. He had a license plate frame made that says "Let's Play Find the Tailpipe". My plate says "LEAF EV" and I will have a frame made that says "Charged daily by Solar Power". There was a plate frame kiosk at the mall a few months ago. They also have a website where you can order custom frames and other things.

The company is called FSSI, Inc. and their website is : http://www.AutoLicensePlatesAndFrames.com

It is located here in Tucson, but they ship anywhere.

email is: [email protected]

I imagine some of you will get very creative with that many words!!

I did not find how to order a custom made plate.

No, the AutoLicensePlatesAndFrames offers what appear to be plate-sized decorated "plates".

But, considering that one (most places?) needs to mount official plates, what does one do with these "decorative" plates?

Do some places only require one official plate (in back) and one would mount these in front?

Gonewild said:
Azrich said:
I have a suggestion for those getting personalized plates and yet you have more to say to the world. Really, I got this idea from darelldd on his http://evnut.com website. He had a license plate frame made that says "Let's Play Find the Tailpipe". My plate says "LEAF EV" and I will have a frame made that says "Charged daily by Solar Power". There was a plate frame kiosk at the mall a few months ago. They also have a website where you can order custom frames and other things.

The company is called FSSI, Inc. and their website is : http://www.AutoLicensePlatesAndFrames.com

It is located here in Tucson, but they ship anywhere.

email is: [email protected]

I imagine some of you will get very creative with that many words!!

I did not find how to order a custom made plate.

Click on the blue "Custom Frames" button in the upper left hand corner. In Arizona there is a new law in which the license plate frame can not cover any part of the word "Arizona" at the top. There are many other companies that offer custom frames, but this one has frames for Arizona plates.

garygid said:
Do some places only require one official plate (in back) and one would mount these in front?
Bingo. AZ only gives you one plate if it's not personalized, and it goes in the back.

Here's one that's still available in CA....for when Hybrids get kicked out of the HOV lane ;)

byehbrd.jpg

Think I will go with Sol Pwr....especially since I can put a zia sun symbol between the Sol and Pwr

standard-Centennial-license-plate.jpg

Gavin

though fuopec is appealing :)

I cannot believe this...the card arrived for my plates and I cannot pick them up within the 30 days. So I put the card in my briefcase, so I could call them today and ask them to hang onto them for another couple of weeks, and now I can't find the friggin' thing. It may have gotten stuck to the back of some outgoing mail the postman has already been by to collect. I don't suppose anyone still has the card and can give me the phone number that was provided? Hopefully it won't be a number for the local office you chose to collect your plates from.

Also, while I'm ranting....a bit annoying that the DMV 800 number is just a call center where they a) can't do anything useful from an administrative standpoint and b) don't have any phone numbers for anyone that can!

mwalsh said:
I cannot believe this...the card arrived for my plates and I cannot pick them up within the 30 days. So I put the card in my briefcase, so I could call them today and ask them to hang onto them for another couple of weeks, and now I can't find the friggin' thing. It may have gotten stuck to the back of some outgoing mail the postman has already been by to collect. I don't suppose anyone still has the card and can give me the phone number that was provided? Hopefully it won't be a number for the local office you chose to collect your plates from.

Also, while I'm ranting....a bit annoying that the DMV 800 number is just a call center where they a) can't do anything useful from an administrative standpoint and b) don't have any phone numbers for anyone that can!

California will send you a couple nasty-grams saying 'come pick them up before XX-XX-2010 or we'll send 'em back!"

Don't worry. You can wait a while before you'll hear from them again. I think they held my APTERRA plates for something like 4 months, and sent out a total of 3 or 4 notices. :twisted:

I don't suppose anyone still has the card and can give me the phone number that was provided? Hopefully it won't be a number for the local office you chose to collect your plates from.

There was no useful contact information on that little slip of paper anyway. Believe me, I looked when I saw on line that the Culver City DMV was "closed". So sounds like from JimmyD they will keep sending you the papers.

mwalsh said:
Kataphn said:
There was no useful contact information on that little slip of paper anyway.

On the flip side of mine from where they'd typed the new registration number there was a stamp with the DMV office's address and an 800 number to call if you needed any extension.

Oh, I tried that 800 number but it put me in robo answer hell. I asked for the operator and was on hold 45 minutes before I gave up. I did this several times and gave up for good. I wanted to tell them too that on line said Culver was closed! :eek:

Back