Vanity License Plates ideas???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. I should put it on Leaf facebook.

ps : Facebook finally allowed me to register with my handle - though my name is Ev NowNow (since it thought Ev Now is not a real person).

In California, most of the obvious ones like "amped up" are taken as is "Leaf EV". I went for EV and then my first name which fortunately is a short one. :D I can retain it for use when I get the car.

I tried to copy a picture of it in here but no luck. :roll:

wording like EV AMPED and EV CHARG still available as of this moment in California. Maybe best bet is to use EV either before or after. Has advantage of not being exclusively Leaf related in case you get another make/model of EV in the future.

I checked again and my favorite was no longer available in CA. I found an acceptable alternative, but I'm not going to post that, either, at least not until I've actually reserved it, which I won't do until I commit to buy the Leaf. I think it has to be put on the vehicle within 6 mos. or it's forfeited, anyway, (or so I read somewhere, but haven't confirmed) and I don't know if I'll get delivery in that time frame.

Rat said:
put on the vehicle.....

Put on A vehicle.

What I've done in the past is put new personalized plates on a car I already own. Then, when the new car arrives, I go to the Auto Club (or DMV) and tell them I need to remove my personalized plates because I'm selling the old car. They give you a new set of regular plates for the old car and then you transfer the personalized plates to the new one.

You can order a personalized plate in California before owning the vehicle ... you just have to pay a retention fee. It takes 8-12 weeks. There aren't that many left, so I'll probably order mine any day now.

OK, decided to get off the pot and order mine, since a few I had looked at already had become unavailable in just this short time. I ended up with......

bye_oil.jpg

At first I was thinking of going with something along the lines of not having an ICE engine. So

ICE LESS (As in iceless carriage) - this was the one that became unavailable since I last looked.
ICE FREE (still available as of a couple of days ago).

I was also interested in BYE GAS, which turned out to have already been taken, and BYE BP, which is still available as of yesterday.

Dav said:
Like that doesn't happen everywhere you go?

hah! no- or at least I never expect it to happen. I'm a wallflower at heart. ;)

Aww, that was a fun little episode- Robert is lots of fun; just wish he got to our shores a bit more often!

If the new license plate arrives, you will need to "assign" it to a registered car in order to actually get the plate from the DMV.

If you do not have the LEAF yet, and do have another car, I think you can swap the new plates onto the old car for free. Then, when you get the LEAF (or anytime before), do another (free, I think) swap to get "normal" plates for the old car, retaining the vanity plates, for later use on the LEAF.

garygid said:
If the new license plate arrives, you will need to "assign" it to a registered car in order to actually get the plate from the DMV.

If you do not have the LEAF yet, and do have another car, I think you can swap the new plates onto the old car for free. Then, when you get the LEAF (or anytime before), do another (free, I think) swap to get "normal" plates for the old car, retaining the vanity plates, for later use on the LEAF.

Actually, that no longer holds true Gary. Now you can simply pay the plate retention fee instead. This is something that was not an option in the recent past. I don't know how recent but do know it wasn't an option the last time I ordered a vanity plate, some 6 years ago.

My Prius currently sports the license plate "VLT WGN". The plate makes sense for the Leaf also and really makes sense for the Chevy Volt.

Back