Ordering 2012 model today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
If the dealer says they haven't received a shipment yet, just tell them that it is the customer's computer order (RAQ) that sends the LEAF to them, not Nissan. ;)

Yep, I did tell them exactly that - but my point was why are they having to get this info from me, some random customer, rather than through official channels?

if the dealer is that clueless pick someone else to buy from.

they will never see your RAQ and wont respond. you wont get a car

Nissan really has some more training to do in dealerships , forget the charging infrastructure

I think part of what happened is the Leaf training was rolled out 1 year ago and there is lots of turnover at dealerships, the people who took the tests have long gone

you need a certified dealer that has an engaged salesperson who has taken all the tests and knows the dealer dashboard and RAQ process

otherwise you get the " sure what kind of Nissan would you like to LEASE?"

or " A LEAF sure we will write you up an order, give us $500 and we will call you when you our shipment of cars arrive!"

yeah right , clueless

From Nissan CS:

Pamela: We are still experiencing website issues. Nissan has not opened the ordering process yet to anyone.
Pamela: We also have not sent out the invitation emails yet.
Me: Whether they meant to or not, they did open it. What about the RAQ I submitted yesterday? Is that still valid?
Pamela: Yes, you probably got through during a test process. I can not guarantee that the quote you requested will not be lost. You will be able to RAQ again when the website issues are resolved.
Me: Exactly when will it be resolved? They've been trying to fix it for almost 24 hours now.
Pamela: I do not know exactly when.
Pamela: I do apologize for the setback. I know everyone is excited to order their Leaf.
Me: Do they think it will be fixed sometime today or they still don't know?
Pamela: I am hopeful that it will be resolved today, but I do not have that information.

It's bad enough that they waited till the last minute to test the system, but to make the system live to the whole world so they can run their test? Sigh.

rnkepler said:
It's bad enough that they waited till the last minute to test the system, but to make the system live to the whole world so they can run their test? Sigh.

Sounds like they do not have actual programmers changing their web site. I program computers for a living and I would never give untested code to my customers. I once knew a programmer who used to say his very first program worked by accident.

I guess I am glad I cannot order yet since I live in a Wave FIVE state. :( We are working hard to change that but moving is not that easy.

rnkepler said:
Nissan Customer Service Chat said:
Pamela: We are still experiencing website issues. Nissan has not opened the ordering process yet to anyone.
Pamela: We also have not sent out the invitation emails yet.
Me: Whether they meant to or not, they did open it. What about the RAQ I submitted yesterday? Is that still valid?
Pamela: Yes, you probably got through during a test process. I can not guarantee that the quote you requested will not be lost. You will be able to RAQ again when the website issues are resolved.
Me: Exactly when will it be resolved? They've been trying to fix it for almost 24 hours now.
Pamela: I do not know exactly when.
Pamela: I do apologize for the setback. I know everyone is excited to order their Leaf.
Me: Do they think it will be fixed sometime today or they still don't know?
Pamela: I am hopeful that it will be resolved today, but I do not have that information.

You know, we're gonna have to start calling you the Gudy of the East Coast! Say, did you write uTorrent??

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have the hourglass next to the "order your Nissan LEAF" tab like the image below? I think it went to the hourglass after I submitted the RAQ since I was waiting for the quote from the dealer.

accountir.png

rnkepler said:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have the hourglass next to the "order your Nissan LEAF" tab like the image below? I think it went to the hourglass after I submitted the RAQ since I was waiting for the quote from the dealer.

accountir.png

I have the same thing. Got an email that my quote is ready, but can't see it on the dashboard yet. I really hope Nissan does a better job building cars than they do marketing and delivering them. My expectations could not be lower at this point of actually ordering and receiving a car. I kinda thought they would have gotten these issues worked out with Tier 1, but that does not seem to be the case.

With no competition in the market, there is not much we can do.

No hour glass here . never got to order
if the system was working right I would think that symbolizes the 24 hour waiting period for the dealer to respond

any other news on fixing the site?

it seems our 10 day lead on the general public is being burned :oops:

dbassett said:
I have the same thing. Got an email that my quote is ready, but can't see it on the dashboard yet. I really hope Nissan does a better job building cars than they do marketing and delivering them. My expectations could not be lower at this point of actually ordering and receiving a car. I kinda thought they would have gotten these issues worked out with Tier 1, but that does not seem to be the case.

With no competition in the market, there is not much we can do.

Ok, so it goes to the hourglass while you're waiting for the quote. I haven't gotten an email saying that my quote is ready, so you're ahead of me, assuming they don't void the few RAQs that got through and make us start over again.

rnkepler said:
Ok, so it goes to the hourglass while you're waiting for the quote. I haven't gotten an email saying that my quote is ready, so you're ahead of me, assuming they don't void the few RAQs that got through and make us start over again.
call your dealer and ask him to submit quote ASAP

EdmondLeaf said:
rnkepler said:
call your dealer and ask him to submit quote ASAP

That's worth a shot but I don't think the whole system is really working

Is it me or is everyone who is stuck have a waiver?

I mean are people off this forum who are getting assessments belong allowed to order?

Couldn't be

I believe I got a waiver, but I didn't check the box and continue before the system got screwed up, so I don't know what my status is now. Just as a test I tried to schedule an assessment but got the error that others have reported about "not servicing your geographic area."

On a positive note, the way the OP titled this thread ("today"), it'll always be accurate, no matter when they finally fix things. ;)

kmp647 said:
Is it me or is everyone who is stuck have a waiver?

I mean are people off this forum who are getting assessments belong allowed to order?

Couldn't be

No, according to CS no one should be ordering right now. I think Nissan just locked down the site as best they could once they realized people were trying to order and the system wasn't ready. We're in for an undetermined wait while Nissan sorts this out.

On the Nissan leaf face book page one of us just brought up this issue and the leaf person responded they are looking into it

It was in response to someone being told they cold order now and Daniel chimed in and said no we can't the website is broken ,,good job Daniel!

Take a look and see on th wall of the leaf face book page

It's clear not everyone at Nissan is aware of this website ordering issue

Tweeted; we'll see if they notice that way. Not that it matters; the people who need to know know, those that don't, the promo folks, don't need to know and probably are better off not knowing because they're there to create a positive spin.

Good job Kevin on getting the information out there!

Back