Ordering 2012 model today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StrangerTides said:
Good news: I got a call from CS saying the site is fixed.

Bad news: Looks like my assessment waiver is disabled again, so I'll have to call back to ask them to re-enable it.

Worse news: I cannot get an informal quote from any local dealers that is anywhere near MSRP. Still calling around though.

Apparently there's fixed and then there's 100% fixed. :)

Me: I just got an email from CS saying that the home assessment section was now fixed and open. I have the assessment waiver checked on my account so why is it asking me to schedule an assessment?
Jesse: Looks like their still doing some finishing touches and that could be why it has not shown up yet. Sorry for the inconvenience. I can notate the account to contact you when we know it is 100% fixed though!
Me: Do you know when ordering will actually open?
Jesse: As soon as everything is fixed up.

So are dealers asking over MSRP? How much?

kmp, I don't know if your situation was the same as mine - I was still stuck at the "schedule an assessement" requirement. I just chatted with CS and they fixed it; I was able to click the "show me the checkbox" and then check and save the waiver. I have not proceeded with the RAQ yet but it looks like I can when and if I can agree with a dealer on a price.

evnow said:
After all, you're getting a complimentary Cold Weather Package with that cost increase, and the TEPCO plug on the SL trim, so a lot of the cost is just those items carried over from the previous model year as standard. Then again, how useful is the Cold Weather Trim in Florida?
You know, I'd love to get that cold weather package (for the heated seats etc) - but can't.

Yeah, that sucks you couldn't get it in Washington the state (round here we need to make that distinction). You have my sympathies!

rnkepler said:

Well, maybe I'm a naive car buyer, but when I hear MSRP, I take it to mean 35200 for the SV, which is already pretty steep, as discussed!

So when I'm told that doesn't include the destination fee (850) and a dealer fee (599 and 999 from the two dealers I asked), that's a significant difference. Not to mention the standard tax/tag/title.

How was it in the earlier states - was anyone able to negotiate away the destination and dealer fee? Keeping in mind that I've been told the invoice price is 33700.

StrangerTides said:
rnkepler said:

Well, maybe I'm a naive car buyer, but when I hear MSRP, I take it to mean 35200 for the SV, which is already pretty steep, as discussed!

So when I'm told that doesn't include the destination fee (850) and a dealer fee (599 and 999 from the two dealers I asked), that's a significant difference. Not to mention the standard tax/tag/title.

How was it in the earlier states - was anyone able to negotiate away the destination and dealer fee? Keeping in mind that I've been told the invoice price is 33700.

I'll believe it when I talk to Justin at Nissan of Chantilly but the other sales rep I spoke to told me no destination charge, nothing on top of MSRP except VA tax with last time I bought a car here was 3% as a luxury item. Don't know if the General Assembly changed this since then. But it's more pricey than my last car, that's for sure.

I had previously called Nissan to request a home assessment waiver. Got a call from Nissan today at 3:46pm EDT stating that they had fixed the website. I logged into my dashboard and was able to get past the assessment and have successfully requested a quote from Koons Nissan in Falls Church! We'll see what they think about the MSRP.

All,

Accepted an RAQ from a Maryland dealer and got a confirmation email from Nissan today.

Now just a three or four month wait - still it's nice to finally have an order in. :)

Dave

StrangerTides said:
rnkepler said:

You better believe it StrangerTides, a thousand here, a thousand there it starts to get into real money. Add a couple grand for sales tax, maybe 500 for fees, it's gonna be $40k before we get out the door. Remember all the CA folks on this board were being spotted an extra $5k by Ahnold on top of the 7500 obamabucks and that was before the price increase. Here in FL a new corolla (or whatever) for $15k is looking pretty tempting.

LTLFTcomposite said:
StrangerTides said:
rnkepler said:

You better believe it StrangerTides, a thousand here, a thousand there it starts to get into real money. Add a couple grand for sales tax, maybe 500 for fees, it's gonna be $40k before we get out the door. Remember all the CA folks on this board were being spotted an extra $5k by Ahnold on top of the 7500 obamabucks and that was before the price increase. Here in FL a new corolla (or whatever) for $15k is looking pretty tempting.

You're right to question a "dealer fee". What the heck is that except pure profit? I've never seen a fee here in CA that was called a dealer fee, unless it was also identified as "additional dealer profit", or something like that. This might reflect different laws in different states, or regional differences as far as what buyers expect to see, but that is the first thing that I'd negotiate away from the get-go.

spike09 said:
StrangerTides said:
Okay thanks! Maroone Delray I had previously ruled out since they wouldn't give me a straight answer on whether they'd sell for MSRP, but maybe I was too harsh on them and could reconsider. Esserman is a bit far for me, but I guess I'll only need to make a one way trip in the Leaf. However, I notice they aren't listed as Leaf-certified on the "find a dealer" page. Have you been able to successfully RAQ or place your order yet?

I just submitted my RAQ! I selected Bill Siedle because CS told me Esserman was not yet a certified dealer. They are all selling at the same price anyways! And Bill Siedle is 4 miles closer to my house.

I just recieved my RAQ confirmation email but I never got an order email!

Spoke with Justin at around 19h00 and done deal. The car is mine! Fully Loaded; a bit weird not having a cargo net but I'll assume the organizational package kicks its but.

It's my own, little Star Trek Runabout.

And folks, that's MSRP, no, repeat no additional Destination Charge. Just subsequent taxes and title fees. I'm sure most of the area dealers are doing that, at least I've talked to a number (including Rosenthal but not Falls Church since they got on the list late) and can tell you most Maryland dealers were happy with MSRP and Virginia it's been a little harder but I think a lot will too.

TimeHorse said:
And folks, that's MSRP, no, repeat no additional Destination Charge. Just subsequent taxes and title fees. I'm sure most of the area dealers are doing that, at least I've talked to a number (including Rosenthal but not Falls Church since they got on the list late) and can tell you most Maryland dealers were happy with MSRP and Virginia it's been a little harder but I think a lot will too.
Thats a good price - MSRP without destination is same as a $800 discount. So, my guess is you will get this for Christmas.

evnow said:
TimeHorse said:
Thats a good price - MSRP without destination is same as a $800 discount. So, my guess is you will get this for Christmas.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It's $850 off which is a very sweet deal if true. But remember the quote doesn't include Destination so it's still quite possible it'll be added on when I take delivery. In other words, I'll believe it when I see it. In the order details thread I've posted 2 take-home prices: one assumes my understanding of the transaction is correct and the other if I reality kicks in with a too-good-to-be-true! :)

Mind you, it is missing Tags. I suppose I could get a Clean Fuel mark 3 in Virginia, which means Single-Occupancy HOV on the toll road but not on I95, I395 or I66 without tolls. I've gotta say, I love Virginia, and especially my PU with the new TOU rates starting this October, but allowing a 10-year-old SUV Hybrid to drive single-occupancy HOV on all those roads but not a BEV is just criminal (well, I guess the problem is it's not criminal!)

Oh, and officially, delivery by Thanksgiving; subject to change.

It looks like the "fix" is only being performed on people's accounts if they request it and not across the board. I was excited to get home from work to hear that people were finally able to order only to find that my page still has the broken home assessment form and nothing else. Hopefully I can talk to a CS rep tomorrow to get mine fixed.

Anyone else in Chicago able to order? If so, which dealer did you go with? This is my first post as I have been lurking for a while until I could get to order and now that Illinois is part of tier 2, it was time to get serious!

prolix74 said:
Anyone else in Chicago able to order? If so, which dealer did you go with? This is my first post as I have been lurking for a while until I could get to order and now that Illinois is part of tier 2, it was time to get serious!

BTW, I just wanna say, it's $#^@%$&^ awesome that Illinois and Mississippi were added to Tier 2! Congratulations!

Back