Gasoline May Rise Above $5 a Gallon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrIanB said:
What is gasoline?? Never heard that term on my month old Chili Leaf. lol

Ian B
oh, that's something you'll remember when prices on foods you buy or packages that you send will go up :lol:

Newt's new stump speech promises $2.50 a gallon gas, and explains why this is required by the fundamentals of vehicle design...

It looks like Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has been proven wrong again.

At a campaign event in Suwanee, Georgia last week, the former House Speaker promised supporters that he would bring back cheaper gas because "you can't put a gun rack on a Volt."

One Crooks and Liars reader noticed our coverage and posted a YouTube video to prove the former Speaker of the House wrong...

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/gingrich-wrong-again-volt-owner-installs-gun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IBELEAF said:
MrIanB said:

Ian B
oh, that's something you'll remember when prices on foods you buy or packages that you send will go up :lol:

I am going on a 37 month hunger strike then. Jk lol. You crack me up IBELEAF!!!!!!!

Yeah, the problem is that many don't realize that the cost of oil and it's by-products (gas, etc.) affect the price and availability of just about everything else we depend on... You can't take just the short view.

MrIanB said:
What is gasoline?? Never heard that term on my month old Chili Leaf.

Gas in Encinitas hit $4.01 last week, and that's for regular. The next day, it was $4.07. Glad that my gasser is a hybrid!

Edit: Whoops! $4.23 this evening!

IBELEAF said:
MrIanB said:
Ian B
Price may rise but those on electric will not have it cut from both directions.

Here in Arrowbear Lake, CA, the Valero is charging $4.17/gal. on 87 octane. It takes extra fuel to truck fuel up our mountain. Thankfully, the electrons destined for our charging dock travel uphill just as freely as downhill. :D

Edit: One day later, $4.32/gal., a 15 cent increase overnight.

already above $5 in some areas:

http://news.yahoo.com/price-shock-watch-cost-gas-jump-10-cents-014014447--abc-news.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^^
Yeah, in the above story, the gas price jumped 10 cents to $5.09/gal within the 2 minutes they cut away to play a recording.

Gas had been rising steadily at two stations I pass frequently. Until today, it seemed to have leveled off at $4.03/gal at those two, where it was at on 2/21.

Today, on 2/22 (I'm a few mins past midnight now), those two stations shot up to $4.19/gal for regular! Wow!

I think the Leaf, Volt, CNG Civic and maybe even the Mitsubishi i are going to start looking a lot more interesting to folks in CA and other states w/higher gasoline prices.

Forget $5, it's already up to $6 in...

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/02/22/florida-drivers-shelling-out-nearly-6-a-gallon-at-some-gas-stations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

abasile said:
Here in Arrowbear Lake, CA, the Valero is charging $4.17/gal. on 87 octane. It takes extra fuel to truck fuel up our mountain. Thankfully, the electrons destined for our charging dock travel uphill just as freely as downhill. :D

I saw $2.999/gallon in Grand Junction yesterday. Just sayin'... ;)

FairwoodRed said:
I don't count that part of Florida as the prices are always higher there as they gouge the tourists.

There's always that station here and there that "caters" (ie rapes) the tourist... that last gas station before the Hertz return at any airport gets a nice bump... and people will pay, because the alternative is to have Hertz stick you for who knows what now, like $10 a gallon? It's either that or start driving around looking for a cheaper place then get lost or stuck in traffic and miss your flight.

Up another $2+ today:

+2.41
+2.27%

dgpcolorado said:
abasile said:

Yeah, but you mountain folk use what, 65 octane? :p

Nubo said:
dgpcolorado said:
abasile said:

Well, 85 octane is the standard for regular in this state, given the reduced partial pressure of oxygen. But I don't imagine there's that much difference in cost to make 87 versus 85...

Nubo said:
dgpcolorado said:
abasile said:

Well, 85 octane is the standard for regular in this state, given the reduced partial pressure of oxygen. But I don't imagine there's that much difference in cost to make 87 versus 85...

But abasile is right that electrons flow uphill fairly easily, their weight being rather small compared to the EMFs that move them along!

Dropped off Leaf this morning for the software update and battery check, the Arco station was $3.659

Just picked up Leaf a few minutes ago and the same station was now $3.759

IBELEAF said:
Forget $5, it's already up to $6 in...

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/02/22/florida-drivers-shelling-out-nearly-6-a-gallon-at-some-gas-stations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That station doesn't count. I just saw the same one on the 10 o'clock news. Its right next to an outet mall, and is aways $2/gallon higher than anywhere else. They take advantage of unsuspecting tourists who don't read the sign. I was with a friend a few months ago who pumped in $16 worth until he caught it. :(

Heard on the radio that there will be a big spike this weekend, possibly 0.20 per gallon.
http://www.ucan.org/gasoline_autos/gas_prices/ucan_warns_gas_super_spike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back