EVOasis DC Charging Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
hill said:
eHelmholtz said:
That would be brilliant - please do keep us updated.

Reporting back. May 3rd. Made the 40 mile round today. I Leaf'ed down to the Hotel that EV Oasis is supposedly installing their Q.C. at ... or should I say they supposedly already had it installed. Emphases "supposed" to have installed. Walked around the entire parking lot area twice. No Q.C. No concreted pad poured yet. No forms even set for a pad. Not a bit of evidence of even breaking ground. :(

That's 8 kWh's of perfectly good battery charge that I'll never get back. So . . . there's your update . . . make of it what you will.

i checked your weather report. no clouds predicted. looks like the 8 K's is on its way back!
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
yea . . . and I'm charging right now on the company dime . . . not crying about it . . . just a figure of speach.
;)

The 25kW Fuji should be on the pad tomorrow. SDG&E should have the meter in shortly. The use fees will be with Chargepoint card of a credit card (by calling the 800 number).

The Nissan dealer and Costco are both nearby.

Residence Inn
33711 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, California 92675
1-949-443-3600

TonyWilliams said:
The 25kW Fuji should be on the pad tomorrow. SDG&E should have the meter in shortly. The use fees will be with Chargepoint card of a credit card (by calling the 800 number).
I sure hope it's finally for real this time. In expectation that it is - and Tony usually knows what he's talking about - I linked a credit card to my Chargepoint card although the few Chargepoint L2 stations in San Diego seem to all still be free.

The Nissan dealer and Costco are both nearby.
There's also a shopping center with a number of stores, an El Pollo Loco, and several other restaurants a short walk away. They make a good way to kill an hour or two while topping off with L2. But as you definitely could not walk to a restaurant and eat before a quick charge was complete, that's better done before or after your charge. It will be interesting to see whether Residence Inn makes its lobby Wifi available to quick charge customers while we wait.

eHelmholtz said:
SO?! has Angus done it? Is there a Fuji DC charger within driving distance from San Diego?

At 3:30pm today:

5602ECE0-4439-4071-BB96-7BC12E9375D9-9180-0000055CF59E4B05.jpg

It looks like Angus has it set at $15 an hour and $7.50 for 30 minutes. The first 30 minutes will be faster charge so that's where I should think you get the most for your money. This is a bit more expensive then what he thought when I first posted about EVOasis since the current DCQCs are half as strong to avoid demand charges but still not bad.

Looks like they've painted the curb blue since October 31, to make people subliminally think of disabled spaces maybe? But I'm wondering if that's enough to keep the spaces free of ICE vehicles. Any other signage planned?

Is wearing a green shirt mandatory? ;)

It's free now, but it's also brand new, and the provisioning is still being adjusted. It could be set to bill for time charging, or per kWh dispensed (max 25 kW rate), so you don't have to do the value math during the ramp-down. Like every other ChargePoint station you can always see its availability (real time) and fee structure on the map. If availability becomes a problem, request they enable reservations, so you know it will waiting for you when you arrive.

Were you the one who used it last? . . . . just prior to 3:30pm Monday? Sheez . . . it's already inop. Who ever it was - rather than turn it off when done, they simply unplugged it, and now it still thinks it's charging. I (and the nice manager gal of the hotel) called charge point. They looked it up on their charge point map and said, "the reason it's inop is because someone's using it". Sheez - sharp as a bowling ball, those phone support people. Good thing Nissan is right accross the street, to pick up the slack of those prone to muck things up. So - don't count on the charge point app to be correct. If it says it good to go ... or even that it's in use ... it can still be mortally wounded. :cry:

hill said:
Were you the one who used it last? . . . . just prior to 3:30pm Monday? Sheez . . . it's already inop. Who ever it was - rather than turn it off when done, they simply unplugged it, and now it still thinks it's charging.
i doubt it. When I finished I pressed the (wrongly colored) stop button, not the emergency stop button. Charging stopped immediately. Then the display screen said to end charging session I must tap my Chargepoint card on the reader again. I waited several minutes thinking that since this step was superfluous the charger would finally realize on its own that stop meant stop and would display a message to the effect, thank you for your business and your fee is $X. But it didn't. So finally I followed its instructions and tapped my card again which it recognized. Only then did I unplug.

If I was the last to use it and if that procedure is not correct, I apologize to you - and Chargepoint really needs serious software bug fixes. More likely I think is that the extra card tap really is inexplicably necessary and someone after me followed common sense rather than the instructions and unplugged without the tap. In which case Chargepoint still ought to fix their software.

Back