EVOasis DC Charging Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is(are) the spot(s) facing it still protected from ICE'ing? I remember them only having a green painted curb and a cone, which is fine if it's doing the job. But I really don't need to be rolling-up there on Sunday and not be able to get at the charger.

I wasn't looking for the signs and didn't notice. Afterward I did read the Plugshare reviews about ICEing and was alarmed what that means for trips between LA and SD, and very surprised that Angus didn't think about that problem and fix it. They did have a traffic cone blocking one of the spaces and the other space was empty, maybe because the adjacent cone makes drivers think for just a moment what could be special about these spaces. I'd feel more comfortable driving through there during the day when there are fewer cars in the lot, and when the hotel would be more likely to be able to locate an ICEing driver, than at night. Until I'm sure Marriott has installed proper signs if I had to make the drive at night I'm afraid I'd probably just drive the gas car.

Groan! I'm hoping on a Sunday, at a mostly business hotel, the lot will be practically empty. Otherwise, it's maybe an hour on L2 at the Nissan dealership or limp down on what I leave home with.

Anyone who's done the leg between SJC and Oceanside/Encinitas know what it does for your economy? Without charging, I'd have maybe 40 miles of range (over relatively flat terrain) once I got to the hotel and have 35 miles left to drive, with those inclines along the 5 to negotiate and a 2 mile uphill climb once off the freeway.

Was able to charge twice on the EV Oasis QC yesterday without issue. No ICE'ing at all. Nobody ahead of me. Just pulled in and charged...no fuss at all.

One really minor quibble I ended up having is with the way the charger is set up to bill. An idea of what constitutes Peak and Off-Peak billing periods would probably be helpful. Because if a Sunday at either noon or 6pm isn't off-peak, I really don't know what would be. But understand, I'm not really complaining - I'm quite happy to spend $15 an hour ANYTIME to know the charger is there and available. It just would be nice to know one way or the other. Or even do away with the tiered pricing altogether, so we're always sure of what we'll be charged?

But in any event, I spent just $5.07 on the way down to Encinitas and $2.60 on the way back. And spending such a small amount for the quick charging, given the peace of mind it affords, is a no brainer. :D

I'm sure others have seen that Angus posted news about a second location at the Marriott Courtyard Irvine Spectrum in Orange County. The location will have two 44kW DC Quick-Charge units on the right side of the main entrance. This is in addition to the San Juan Capistrano location. Cost will be 15 cents/minute.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have not had any requests for Plan pricing and have stayed on a flat rate 15 Cents/Minute for several months,reducing from the 11AM-7PM Peak Rate of 25 Cents/Minute and 16 Cents Minute Off-Peak.
Probably time to take it off our website and quote individual customers directly when requesting bulk pricing. Fleet Rates will not really be a factor at our hotel locations. Car-Sharing being the exception.
Angus-

mwalsh said:
Groan! I'm hoping on a Sunday, at a mostly business hotel, the lot will be practically empty.
Tried to use SJC this morning (Sunday) around 11am, but was ICEd. Previous PlugShare comment an hour earlier was also ICEd, so I suspect it was ICEd all night. Parking lot was not full, decent number of spots open.

Posted a pic on the ICEd thread.

ICEing appears to still be an issue here at SJC and at the new Marriott Courtyard in Irvine. Surely something more can be done?

Maybe more paint? Maybe bring the cones back?

They should paint the EV stall green for starters. Putting the QC close to an entry door pretty much means that it will always be a problem though.

Back