Do they really want to sell Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW: they put the qc out there not only for the local sales efforts but for all of the sales efforts, if people think that they can expand the range by using the growing number of L3 chargers out there it benefits not only the local dealership but the brand as a whole

Well, Tesla obviously agrees with you. :)

jdunmyer said:
FWIW: they put the qc out there not only for the local sales efforts but for all of the sales efforts, if people think that they can expand the range by using the growing number of L3 chargers out there it benefits not only the local dealership but the brand as a whole

Well, Tesla obviously agrees with you. :)
it's working out fairly well for them

I wonder if most dealerships have enough power available to operate a DCQC station. According to Wikipedia, a CHAdeMO charger can deliver up to 62.5Kw of power. If a smaller dealership has only 240 volt, single-phase electricity available, that figures out to over 250 amps. Upgrading can get very expensive, especially if 3-phase power isn't available on the pole out front. Tesla doesn't tie their charging stations to a dealer, so has a bit more flexibility.

Hmm... and folks wonder why Tesla says "the regular dealer model isn't best for us" eh?

Frankly, if I could avoid dealers for the rest of my life I'd be a happy guy. I'm not one who enjoys the bargaining process - just tell me the price and I'll make a decision. I've never felt the dealer added much to the transaction.

My experience buying the leaf was interesting. I started out talking to a salesman who happened to be there and took care of the test drive etc. He hardly knew how to drive it - couldn't answer any questions about the battery etc. Only when I was close to buying did I finally meet the Leaf guru. He has a clear personal interest - seems very happy to chat about EV tech etc... Had I met him first and had him guide the sale I might have had a positive experience...

Chevrolet's plant in Bowling Green, KY has about 12 L2 charging stations on the back side of the plant with multiple signage making it perfectly clear that ONLY Chevy brand cars can use them.

I live in Middle TN and am very happy to say that at Nissan's plant in Smyrna and their Corp Headquarters in Franklin, any brand EV is allowed to charge at their L2 or L3 charging stations.

MikeinDenver said:
That is true but I will not purchase anything including another vehicle from a dealer that doesn't cater to LEAFs. If they make it a hassle or just plain won't allow charging I won't shop there and I certainly won't recommend to anyone. It is about supporting and being proud of a product you sell. If you aren't then there are plenty of other dealers in the area.

philipscoggins said:
Chevrolet's plant in Bowling Green, KY has about 12 L2 charging stations on the back side of the plant with multiple signage making it perfectly clear that ONLY Chevy brand cars can use them.

I live in Middle TN and am very happy to say that at Nissan's plant in Smyrna and their Corp Headquarters in Franklin, any brand EV is allowed to charge at their L2 or L3 charging stations.

MikeinDenver said:
That is true but I will not purchase anything including another vehicle from a dealer that doesn't cater to LEAFs. If they make it a hassle or just plain won't allow charging I won't shop there and I certainly won't recommend to anyone. It is about supporting and being proud of a product you sell. If you aren't then there are plenty of other dealers in the area.

That can be reason number 2,234,467,235 I will never buy a junky GM vehicle.

Back