Clickity click click.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gozer

OK.
Bought a CPO '22 S w 13k miles last thursday.
Sat, I thought I heard a stone in the tire while coming to a stop.
Sun, I heard a distinct click as i come to a stop and as I accelerate from said stop.
THIS MORNING while rolling up to the gate at work, the guard says he could here me coming down the road......
clickclickclickclickclick. It goes along with the tire speed, no vibration in the steering wheel.
Left front only. The rim is not warm to touch.
Not a clunk, sharp click.
I have found a couple of TSB's but not sure it applies.
Anyone?
Thanks.

It is not for the TSB for the axle click because that is simply one click accelerating or decelerating. Being a CPO purchase I wonder if it would fall under warranty? I could hazard a guess that it's the wheel bearing or CV joint. If you turn hard left or right are the rubber boots both in good shape with no splits or tears?

I dont know. only happens when everything is up to temp after a highway run. then its continuous. they are seeing the car today, so I will finagle a peek underneath. Yes, the 3/36 is still in force.

OK.
Everyone can stand down.
It was the HUBCAP.
A FEKKIN HUBCAP was freaking me out...
Sad.

Was the hubcap loose? Are your wheels stock? Was there a stone in it? Why did it make noise only when it was warm? I am puzzled.

Stock wheels, no stone , dont know what temp had to do with it, all it was was a loose hubcap....thank god.

Back