New 2021 Leaf owner saying hi.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danelo

Just picked up a 2021 Leaf SV, with the SV Technology and Cold Weather packages. The car has 18k miles. In great condition. $16.5k out the door. Dealer seemed desperate to sell. They had it around for a couple months.

It was a bit of an impulse buy, since I don't really know much about the Leaf. I have wanted an EV ever since the first generation Leaf came out. Hopefully I don't regret it. Came here so I can learn everything I need to know, so that I can keep it in great shape.

Welcome, the Leaf is a fantastic car and I doubt that you will regret the purchase. It is much nicer than the Chevy Bolt I had on order. This forum is fairly dead though, you might find more action on Facebook. Enjoy your leaf.

Welcome, I too had been interested in them since they 1st came out. Whether you are happy or disappointed will depend on how realistic your expectations are.
I recently pulled the trigger and purchased a 2015.
My criteria was the car must return home every night to re-charge at home, no fast charges required to do what I bought it for. With a range showing of 60-70 miles on the Guess-O-Meter on the dash and a daily requirement of 25-30 miles, my 2015 fits the bill with plenty of room for the battery to degrade and still meet my needs.
With those things in mind, my 2015 can do close to if not more than 99% of trips taken (not miles driven). I still have an IC car for longer trips.
I love my Leaf but am realistic on what it can and can not do.
If you bought as an only car, it could disappoint if you expect it to do everything.

Thanks for the replies.

Bought it as my commuter car. Generally my commute is around 25 miles round trip. Sometimes as much as 50 miles. Level 1 charging will be more than enough for me. Have a second car for longer trips.

Mostly bought the car hoping for savings on gas, not so much on maintenance because I do almost all repairs myself. Seems like at least $1000 a year, in savings, will be pretty reasonable.

Welcome, the Leaf is a fantastic car and I doubt that you will regret the purchase. It is much nicer than the Chevy Bolt I had on order. This forum is fairly dead though, you might find more action on Facebook. Enjoy your leaf.

Welcome

We love our pair of 2019 Leaf Pluses.

The only pain point has been the the final leg of our 600 mile in a day trips in summer as the charge rate slows a bit. (Chicago to Kansas and back)

Welcome

We love our pair of 2019 Leaf Pluses.

The only pain point has been the the final leg of our 600 mile in a day trips in summer as the charge rate slows a bit. (Chicago to Kansas and back)
I am considering getting one of this 2019 model too. How is the battery degradation and ev range after 4 years?

My 2019 SV+ is at about 90% SoH after over 4 1/2 years.(built May 2019, purchased May 31st 2019) I didn't have leafspy up in it for the first couple months, but starting SoH was 99.6% or close.

My 2019 S+ is still at 93% SoH ( built September 2019, purchased June 2020). Car started at 98.5% SoH..but had been sitting on the lot for 9 months.

For improved range, I have moved the SV+ to 16" low weight rims and EV tires (Sailun eRange).

My 2019 SV+ is at about 90% SoH after over 4 1/2 years.(built May 2019, purchased May 31st 2019) I didn't have leafspy up in it for the first couple months, but starting SoH was 99.6% or close.

My 2019 S+ is still at 93% SoH ( built September 2019, purchased June 2020). Car started at 98.5% SoH..but had been sitting on the lot for 9 months.

For improved range, I have moved the SV+ to 16" low weight rims and EV tires (Sailun eRange).
I won't rely on

After reading your post , I may think 2019 SV+ is not bad at all comparing the 2022 SV, though the price is $2000 more.

Just picked up a 2021 Leaf SV, with the SV Technology and Cold Weather packages. The car has 18k miles. In great condition. $16.5k out the door. Dealer seemed desperate to sell. They had it around for a couple months.

It was a bit of an impulse buy, since I don't really know much about the Leaf. I have wanted an EV ever since the first generation Leaf came out. Hopefully I don't regret it. Came here so I can learn everything I need to know, so that I can keep it in great shape.

Wow, what a fantastic deal! hopefully you can take advantage of the $4,000 used EV tax credit as well.

Doug, does your experience suggest that the Sailun tires really improve range, compared to the Bridgestone Ecopia? I might consider them when I need a new set of tires. I probably will not change the rims, however.

Doug, does your experience suggest that the Sailun tires really improve range, compared to the Bridgestone Ecopia? I might consider them when I need a new set of tires. I probably will not change the rims, however.
Range wise, ecopias do just as well or even slightly better once worn in. The Sailuns have reinforced sidewalls which modestly improves the handling. Once we get our first real snow here in Chicago I will report back on snow traction.

Welcome to the Leaf @danelo ! I bought my 2022 Leaf in December of 2021, so I just had my 2 year anniversary. I also have an SV with the Tech pkg. I still love my Leaf. I don't place a lot of demand on it since I work from home. It's my around town car. I love not having to fill up at gas stations. This is my first EV. I've driven ICE cars for over 4 decades and making the transition to EV was easy for me. The biggest factor is I don't expect to take long road trips in it. I tend to max out at 70 miles round-trip on a day where I'm taking a local trip.

I too made an impulse purchase of a Leaf about 6 months ago. 2018 SL, loaded, and 18000 miles. I paid about $1500 more than you and thought I got a decent deal. So congrats!

My first EV. I haven't been disappointed in the least. Such a great commuter car. (~50 miles per day) And now that I've learned a LOT more about EVs and the Leaf as well, I have zero regrets.

Not very impressed with Nissan, the manufacturer. They don't seem to want to protect their EV image when there is an issue. But fortunately, the odds are that you will get many years and miles out of that $16.5K.
These days that's a bargain. Enjoy.

"This forum is fairly dead though, you might find more action on Facebook."

If you enjoy lots of responses to posts, with many or most of them either uninformed, hostile or spam, then maybe so. Here you may have to wait a few hours or a day for a response, but it is at least likely to be helpful.

Back