June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just changed to June 7, so now my history is:

Month of May -> Month of June -> June 8 -> June 9 -> June 7

What does the '7-day email' say? The most recent email I have gotten from Nissan is:

Todd, congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal. By establishing your account before the delivery of your vehicle, you'll be able to take advantage of checking your battery status, setting your climate control - even managing your notifications and downloading mobile apps - all remotely. As for actually driving your Nissan LEAF - that's best enjoyed in person.

Visit the Nissan Owners' Portal

tbleakne said:
gbshaun said:
scharlj said:
By the way, my VIN changed three times in the last 2 weeks, indicating to me that they are shuffling cars around,
Do you think Nissan are doing this to fill in the forgotten Sep-Dec orders? IMO they should have done this as soon as the ordering/delivery snafu was pointed out to them, but it also makes little sense as they are still giving out new VIN#s to unsuspecting lucky-ducks who ordered late February. If Nissan were going to fix their mess, that would be the first place to start.
gbshaun, the Spreadsheet doesn't show a VIN for you yet. Do you have one, with your June expected delivery? Is so, when did the VIN appear? You ordered just after me, in Nov, but I was bumped from June to July over a month ago. I see several orders in late Nov and early Dec that have been delivered, but there are still many, many orders from mid-Oct onward that are not even showing VINs. I sure hope I am not bumped to Aug. It is frustrating to watch "luckyducks" continue to receive their cars.
If the VIN magically appears in the dark blue "dashboard" http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index then NO. i don't have one yet. I haven't had any e-mails or calls from Nissan for over 10 months. I'll add it to my signature (as well as the spreadsheet) when that happens. I didn't know some Nov/early Dec orders were already delivered, but am well aware of the jan/feb. Maybe some "squeaky wheels" are getting their oil (well, electric charge).
When i amused myself with a call last week to CS last week i was told "it will be built soon", which to me says "your status hasn't changed one iota from the day you ordered"

Shaun

SparkyEV said:
Mine just changed to June 7, so now my history is:

Month of May -> Month of June -> June 8 -> June 9 -> June 7

What does the '7-day email' say? The most recent email I have gotten from Nissan is:

Todd, congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal. By establishing your account before the delivery of your vehicle, you'll be able to take advantage of checking your battery status, setting your climate control - even managing your notifications and downloading mobile apps - all remotely. As for actually driving your Nissan LEAF - that's best enjoyed in person.

Visit the Nissan Owners' Portal
That would be the Leaf is in the port email. You have about 30 days until delivery. Unless your car needs additional work like ours that arrived in March.
Go ahead and open the owners portal, set up Carwings, and get your VIN.

gbshaun said:
In the dark blue "dashboard" http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index then NO. i don't have one yet. I haven't had any e-mails or calls from Nissan for over 10 months. I'll add it to my signature (as well as the spreadsheet) when that happens. I didn't know some Nov/early Dec orders were already delivered, but am well aware of the jan/feb. Maybe some "squeaky wheels" are getting their oil (well, electric charge).
VINs are on the Nissan Owners page when they are available. If your Dashboard still says "month of" you don't have it yet - you will when it says "week of".

drees said:
gbshaun said:
In the dark blue "dashboard" http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index then NO. i don't have one yet. I haven't had any e-mails or calls from Nissan for over 10 months. I'll add it to my signature (as well as the spreadsheet) when that happens. I didn't know some Nov/early Dec orders were already delivered, but am well aware of the jan/feb. Maybe some "squeaky wheels" are getting their oil (well, electric charge).
VINs are on the Nissan Owners page when they are available. If your Dashboard still says "month of" you don't have it yet - you will when it says "week of".
I FINALLY GOT A VIN!!!!

Now the weird thing is that my dashboard hasn't changed and still says 'Month of June', no week of yet. Also, I have yet to get any e-mail from Nissan, no 7-day, no nothing.

Activated Car Wings, but can not get logged into the iPhone app, get a 'unknown error' message.

Now if I can just get the car before the CA rebate drops, I will be happy.

LALeaf said:
Now the weird thing is that my dashboard hasn't changed and still says 'Month of June', no week of yet. Also, I have yet to get any e-mail from Nissan, no 7-day, no nothing.
It took me a few days after I got a VIN before my dashboard changed from Month of June to Week of June 8. So give it some time, it'll happen. Just keep checking back regularly (I'm sure everybody here does that already, lol!).

I talked with my dealer today and he said that the last 2 Leafs he had slated for 5/27 came in several days early. He said he saw that my status is "Hold" in his system and maybe it's a good thing because he said the last 2 Leafs went on "Hold" before they arrived early.

Volusiano said:
LALeaf said:
It took me a few days after I got a VIN before my dashboard changed from Month of June to Week of June 8. So give it some time, it'll happen. Just keep checking back regularly (I'm sure everybody here does that already, lol!).

I talked with my dealer today and he said that the last 2 Leafs he had slated for 5/27 came in several days early. He said he saw that my status is "Hold" in his system and maybe it's a good thing because he said the last 2 Leafs went on "Hold" before they arrived early.
Thanks Volusiano.

Since I live in LA I really just want to drive down to the port and ask nicely to pick up my car :)

smkettner said:
That would be the Leaf is in the port email. You have about 30 days until delivery.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You sound like Nissan CS. It will be 60 days in a few days and closer to 90 by the time it's delivered!

So did anyone ever figure out exactly when the VINs are provided relative to the car location? I have heard everything from being loaded on the ship in Japan to at the port in LA. Anyone know?

LALeaf said:
So did anyone ever figure out exactly when the VINs are provided relative to the car location? I have heard everything from being loaded on the ship in Japan to at the port in LA. Anyone know?

I received mine a week after it arrived at the port...March 29. The friggin' car is still there!

LALeaf said:
I FINALLY GOT A VIN!!!!
Since I still don't have one and I can't figure out when you ordered - you must be a lucky duck. :p

I'm guessing the VIN is in the low 4xxx range?

So maybe I don't have a VIN? A week ago my dashboard went to week of June 14. I logged into Owners Portal and registered with VIN 4249. But then Owners Portal went to "No car registered to this account" and no more sign of the VIN. (I'm glad I saved it the first time it showed up, but maybe it doesn't mean anything.) No VIN ever showed in the dashboard itself.

drees said:
Since I still don't have one and I can't figure out when you ordered - you must be a lucky duck. :p

I'm guessing the VIN is in the low 4xxx range?
A bit lucky I guess, ordered about a week after you, sorry.

Good guess, 44xx.

Lannierose said:
So maybe I don't have a VIN? A week ago my dashboard went to week of June 14. I logged into Owners Portal and registered with VIN 4249. But then Owners Portal went to "No car registered to this account" and no more sign of the VIN. (I'm glad I saved it the first time it showed up, but maybe it doesn't mean anything.) No VIN ever showed in the dashboard itself.
Arrrggghhhh.

LEAFfan said:
I received mine a week after it arrived at the port...March 29. The friggin' car is still there!
At that rate I'll be lucky to see mine delivered by August.

I am curious as to whether others are in the same boat as I. I went from month of April to May to June where it is now. My neighbor who ordered months after me has a delivery date in June. Is there any logic behind any of this and can I really expect delivery in June?

I can't figure out what is going on with my order either. I received a voicemail while we were on vacation saying that my delivery date had moved up from July. I called Nissan and they told me that my car was 5-7 days out. Shocked, I called the dealer and he knew nothing about it. I call Nissan again and a different phone rep tells me he sees a note from the first rep about the 5-7 days window but he doesn't see any VIN assigned and he thinks that delivery will be towards the end of June. This morning my dashboard changed and allowed me to enable Carwings which also showed me the VIN for the car. The delivery date still says Month of June so I guess I'll just sit and wait for a call or something over the next 35 days. Sigh!

congrats LALeaf! since I am in a similar situation I know it's a big deal to see any kind of movement. FYI it's been about a week since I got my VIN and so far the delivery date has moved from 26 may > 30 may > 1 Jun > 3 jun, updating almost every other day, always in the wrong direction unfortunately....

LALeaf said:
drees said:
gbshaun said:
I FINALLY GOT A VIN!!!!

Activated Car Wings, but can not get logged into the iPhone app, get a 'unknown error' message.

Now if I can just get the car before the CA rebate drops, I will be happy.

zwbarrow said:
. This morning my dashboard changed and allowed me to enable Carwings which also showed me the VIN for the car. The delivery date still says Month of June so I guess I'll just sit and wait for a call or something over the next 35 days. Sigh!
Thanks to this post, I tried to enable Carwings and also got a VIN number. It still says month of June.

Well after having a car that passed the AC reprogram on 4/19 and had been promised week of 4/28 at first, I've been told my car was shipped on rail 5/25. This means it won't get here before at least 6/6, which makes me a June person. I've been an April person, a May person, and now I hope to finally be a true June person.

Happy June everyone!

Back