June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
opencar said:
That is what I meant - could not accept Carwings agreement. CS told me it would be fixed by Monday. But delivery date moved from "month of June" to June 17 this morning. Still need to get charger installed. Chance for the $5K?

Roughly 680 rebates left. i think we may have close delivery dates - any communication from Pacific Nissan?[/quote]

No communication. The few times I have contacted them, I have always known more than they do. My guess I won't hear from them until the car arrives.

LEAFfan said:
Mine wasn't a pollen removal car and for some unknown friggin' reason it's still sitting in the damn port (since Mar. 22).

Sorry to hear that, at least you are getting a (mostly) new battery pack out of it :)

Shipping the battery pack back and forth to Japan takes a while.

Herm said:
LEAFfan said:
Mine wasn't a pollen removal car and for some unknown friggin' reason it's still sitting in the damn port (since Mar. 22).
Sorry to hear that, at least you are getting a (mostly) new battery pack out of it :)

Herm, please explain your post. It seems nonsensical to me as related to my post.

LALeaf said:
daniel said:
How is it that VINs in the 4,000 range and high 2,000 range are getting early June delivery dates, while cars in the 1,000 range are still sitting in Long Beach waiting for transport to dealers????????????????
From what I have seen, a ton of 1,XXX VIN Leafs have already been delivered. I think the remaining 1,XXX Leafs are the last of the pollen cars and maybe a few orphans.

Also, once the cars hit the ports (US or Japan) I don't think there is much relevance to the VIN order. Most likely cars are just moved around in whatever manner works there at the time (e.g. completely unrelated to VIN, order date, etc.), at least until they are grouped for the final shipping to the dealer.
So they're using a first-in last-out system? Which means we Sept/Oct orders will have to wait until they open the Smyrna plant and the backlog of cars coming from Japan are all cleared out of port? Since our cars at the back of the lot can't be moved as long as later arrivals are blocking the way?

It is crap, pure crap, that our cars have been sitting there for two months and still no prospect of being shipped out. Just empty promises from CS with dates that come and go and nothing but more lies and promises from CS.

Not to mention that by the time they arrive they will be cars everybody knows were built with several flaws that were repaired (probably by over-worked, under-paid kids at port who don't know what they're doing, rather than by trained dealer service departments) and battery packs now two months older than the cars presently being delivered to people who ordered five months after ours, and by the time they finally send us the cars will probably be six months old. And Lithium batteries degrade from calendar age more than from charge-discharge cycles. So we are going to get cars that are in every way inferior, and delivered months later than people who ordered five months after we did. What sort of crap is that?

Why isn't Nissan selling those cars to us? It is not because VIN assignments are fixed in stone, since they've already switched mine twice! At this point, if Nissan was not a bunch of [fill in the blank yourself] at this point they'd offer the screwed-over Sept/Oct order placers a $5,000 rebate to make up for the lost time and the likely inferior quality of these cars!

How about it, Nissan? Take $5,000 off the price of my car and I'll consider that you've done the honorable thing, and I'll stop complaining, and accept this whole mess as incompetence rather than criminal malfeasance and greed.

LEAFfan said:
Herm said:
LEAFfan said:

Please explain your post. Thanks.
Nothing's been said about replacing the battery packs. We're actually getting packs that have been aging for months. And lithium batteries, unlike wine, do not improve with age. They get weaker with age whether they are used or not.

dcarter said:
Volusiano said:
My estimated delivery just went from week of June 8 to week of June 3 today! Will have to call dealer on Tuesday to confirm! Dealer told me his other 2 Leaf deliveries came a week early last week, too!

DUDE!!!!! Same here!!!!! Mine updated from the 7th of June to the 3rd just in the last couple of hours! Are you buying from Boardwalk? If so our cars are most likely on the same journey. Maybe I'll be classy and wait for the dealer to call me....yeah, right.....

dcarter
No, I'm in AZ. But I'm guessing maybe our cars are from the same ship.

WaitingInSanDiego said:
That is what I meant - could not accept Carwings agreement. CS told me it would be fixed by Monday. But delivery date moved from "month of June" to June 17 this morning. Still need to get charger installed. Chance for the $5K?
Same here - still can't accept Carwings agreement but dashboard moved to week of 6/17 today. I'm just happy I have a VIN now. :)

drees said:
WaitingInSanDiego said:
Same here - still can't accept Carwings agreement but dashboard moved to week of 6/17 today. I'm just happy I have a VIN now. :)
I think you need to call CS to get them to fix that for you. Waiting around for it to fix itself did me no good, but they fixed it in a few days. I'm 100% satisfied with Nissan CS since that's the only thing I ever called them about, knowing from MNL that if I asked them anything else they'd just lie to me. :)

walterbays said:
drees said:
I think you need to call CS to get them to fix that for you. Waiting around for it to fix itself did me no good, but they fixed it in a few days. I'm 100% satisfied with Nissan CS since that's the only thing I ever called them about, knowing from MNL that if I asked them anything else they'd just lie to me. :)
I'm not worried about it - seems like everyone else who's Carwings opened Friday is in the same situation. If it doesn't work by the end of the week then maybe I'll contact them...

opencar said:
gbshaun said:
Same here (except no iPhone, a Droid for which I don't think there's an app yet)
Blink was installed this morning too.
Dates and Vin in my Signature. Will update the spreadsheet.

gbshaun - your entry in the spreadsheet says Pacific Nissan. is that true? i'm trying to find someone else here that ordered from that dealership
Actually I ordered/designated Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa. Sorry. Have submitted the correction to the spreadsheet.

Also received my "week of" today. Estimated Delivery "week of June 17, 2011"

I received my "week of" email today. June 17. Yay!

That being said, that message was quite confusing, because it just said "congratulations to being a nissan owner; you should visit the owner's portal to configure our climate control remotely" -- umm... are you missing a step here? :)

Not complaining, though. VIN: 4849 AFAICT, but Carwings enablement doesn't work yet.

Tuesday: I'm off to the credit union for hopefully a 2.99% 60-month loan.

daniel said:
How about it, Nissan? Take $5,000 off the price of my car and I'll consider that you've done the honorable thing, and I'll stop complaining, and accept this whole mess as incompetence rather than criminal malfeasance and greed.
Wow. That's a very revealing statement.

TT

ttweed said:
daniel said:
Wow. That's a very revealing statement.

TT
Why? When there is malfeasance or fraud determined by a court, the court typically awards monetary damages. If Nissan were to voluntarily give a monetary settlement to Sept/Oct orders that were passed over for 5 months due to their malfeasance, it would show that they were accepting responsibility for their past actions. An apology is meaningless without an act of contrition. In the case of an individual, contrition can come in the form of a compensating action. But in the case of a corporation, the only real contrition would be monetary, or a service that is the equivalent of a monetary compensation, such as for example, a contractual promise of a new battery pack at such time as the original one reaches 80% of capacity.

My 09/08/2010 order that has been slipping to July just became a June, with a VIN...

Carwings activated... now lets see what actually happens. :)

Wow... , Friday I am told that the car is still in production. Saturday I received the email with Week of June 17th. Carwings agreement accepted. Back to the previous VIN. I will wait until Tuesday before updating the spreadsheet.

The EVSE was installed a while back; how can I update the pre-purchase checklist?

does anyone know what it means when CS tells you that Nissan has sent the dealer the wholesale invoice? the dealer unfortunately doesn't know anything 'bout it.

opencar said:
does anyone know what it means when CS tells you that Nissan has sent the dealer the wholesale invoice? the dealer unfortunately doesn't know anything 'bout it.
My dealer has told me that sometimes they get the invoice a couple of days before the car arrives. Sometimes the car arrives before the invoice. But CS gives out nothing but b.s. because that's all Nissan gives them.

Back