June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
opencar said:
does anyone know what it means when CS tells you that Nissan has sent the dealer the wholesale invoice? the dealer unfortunately doesn't know anything 'bout it.

Ya, Brian from CS told me that my LEAF was invoiced on May 16th. The dealer still doesn't have it because the car never got on the train, but is still at the port and has been there since Mar.22nd! I agree with Daniel that Nissan should just pay us $5K for going back on their word about first reserved, first ordered, first delivered, etc. It isn't a 'new' car anymore, so it's only fair that they compensate us.

opencar said:
does anyone know what it means when CS tells you that Nissan has sent the dealer the wholesale invoice? the dealer unfortunately doesn't know anything 'bout it.
That means in Nissan's system, the dealer has been invoiced. "Soon" the car will ship.

evnow said:
opencar said:
That means in Nissan's system, the dealer has been invoiced. "Soon" the car will ship.

:lol: Nissan seems to like the word 'soon' now (probably because it's a relative term and can mean ANY time, which means absolutely nothing. I received the 'delivery soon' email waaaaaay back on May 5th. :lol:

evnow said:
opencar said:
As soon as all the cars ordered after ours have been shipped, that is. See, each boatload of cars is parked in front of the last, so it's first-in last-out. But once the Smyrna plant begins production they'll stop shipping cars from Japan to Long Beach, and then, in time, they'll get around to shipping the last of the September/October cars, which of course by then will have two-year-old batteries in them, two-year-old rubber in the tires and seals, etc., but it won't matter because by then half a dozen other car companies will have EVs on the lot and we'll be able to just refuse delivery on the Leafs.

LEAFfan said:
:lol: Nissan seems to like the word 'soon' now (probably because it's a relative term and can mean ANY time, which means absolutely nothing. I received the 'delivery soon' email waaaaaay back on May 5th. :lol:
I got mine around the middle of April!

Hi Everyone,

I am now joining the June crowd, just got my Week of June 17. I guess I should be happy after all that bouncing around - BUT Hey, Show Me The CAR! Then I will believe it. :p

I got my VIN #4952 today (but I haven't checked the dashboard for the last few days). My delivery date was also adjusted from "month of July" to "month of June". Still waiting for "week of".

MsLusty said:
I got my VIN #4952 today (but I haven't checked the dashboard for the last few days). My delivery date was also adjusted from "month of July" to "month of June". Still waiting for "week of".

OMG-I got my Dashboard changed to June today too! It was on "July" for the most longest, agonizing time! My owners login also has a VIN!! 4873 !! I cant believe it. I'm in the June club!! Hope it stays this way!

Looks like I'm now in the June group too (VIN # 5175). We'll see if it actually transpires, and whether there's anything left in the California rebate pool by the time it does. Sigh.

I have a week of June 3 dashboard date. It was changed last week from "Week of May 30" to "Week of June 3"...which is the same week.

So, we went to the dealership just to see if the car was there and was being prepped--I know, wishful thinking;). We spoke to the sales rep and he logged onto his own data base that the dealer uses, and showed us that, as a dealership, there are 5 Leaf's in the 'pipeline' for June, 2 for July, and 4 for August. Then it was broken down further and showed three in the pipeline for this week, along with contact info for three consumers (including me). He said that he is not told which cars are coming, they show-up and he checks the VIN, then contacts the appropriate consumer. He said that transportation of cars from port to the dealership is always a big mystery, plus it is all embedded along with all their other stock--including 57 Altimas, 45 Versas, 20 Cubes, etc., etc.

We are going through Elk Grove Nissan in the Sacramento, California area.

LEAFAGE said:
I have a week of June 3 dashboard date. It was changed last week from "Week of May 30" to "Week of June 3"...which is the same week.

So, we went to the dealership just to see if the car was there and was being prepped--I know, wishful thinking;). We spoke to the sales rep and he logged onto his own data base that the dealer uses, and showed us that, as a dealership, there are 5 Leaf's in the 'pipeline' for June, 2 for July, and 4 for August. Then it was broken down further and showed three in the pipeline for this week, along with contact info for three consumers (including me). He said that he is not told which cars are coming, they show-up and he checks the VIN, then contacts the appropriate consumer. He said that transportation of cars from port to the dealership is always a big mystery, plus it is all embedded along with all their other stock--including 57 Altimas, 45 Versas, 20 Cubes, etc., etc.

We are going through Elk Grove Nissan in the Sacramento, California area.

i have the exact same dates/changes as you. unfortunately, my dealer has/offers no more info beyond this. when it shows up, it shows up.... :(

Just spotted 11 LEAFs on two transports headed 10 east.

Hope it's headed to Puente Hills Nissan :)

But... May have stopped at El Monte Nissan...

Edit: it was at 6:30p....

occ said:
OMG-I got my Dashboard changed to June today too! It was on "July" for the most longest, agonizing time! My owners login also has a VIN!! 4873 !! I cant believe it. I'm in the June club!! Hope it stays this way!
I am also very grateful to see that my status has just changed from "July" to a "Week-of" in June, and I have a VIN. I know the "Week-of" can bounce around somewhat, but I am feeling much, much better.

I suggest we all keep the spreadsheet up-to-date with our improved status.

Well, got the call today from my dealer, MY LEAF HAS ARRIVED!!!

They need to prep it today and we can pick up tomorrow.

Finally got through this mess.

Last problem is that Ecotality is way behind the curve and it looks like about 2 weeks plus away from getting the EVSE installed.

LALeaf said:

Awesome, LALeaf. I am very happy for you.

It looks like your CVRP is safe. My car is due this weekend. I can't believe we are this close!

tbleakne said:
occ said:
I am also very grateful to see that my status has just changed from "July" to a "Week-of" in June, and I have a VIN. I know the "Week-of" can bounce around somewhat, but I am feeling much, much better.

I suggest we all keep the spreadsheet up-to-date with our improved status.

Congratulations Tom!

LALeaf said:

Last problem is that Ecotality is way behind the curve and it looks like about 2 weeks plus away from getting the EVSE installed.

Were you a pollen person?

cdub said:
LALeaf said:

Were you a pollen person?
Nope, just a skipped over Nov 2010 order.

Back