Anybody else's XM trial end today?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine went out over the weekend too. (Even though I had called weeks back trying to get a pro-active extension knowing it had been activated back in December. I thought I was OK, but apparently the previous call didn't actually get it extended.)

So, now they said they re-activated my trial, and the music is working again, but the SatNav (traffic) subscription isn't working.
Do you have to wait longer for SatNav to work? Do I need to call them back again and request a SatNav trial, not just the music?

TEG said:
So, now they said they re-activated my trial, and the music is working again, but the SatNav (traffic) subscription isn't working.
Do you have to wait longer for SatNav to work? Do I need to call them back again and request a SatNav trial, not just the music?

That's what happened to me. Except that I've already called back once to get the XMTraffic restored and it still isn't working. Should be, but isn't. But, yes, bottom line is that you'll need to call back again.

I'm just about to try and send another activation signal to my car. If that doesn't work, I dare say that I'll be back on the phone again today too. :?

OK, I'm all good. Sending another activation to my radio did the trick. But note that it looks had to start my car in accessory mode for it to accept the reactivation and then shut down and start over again before the Traffic button was restored.

Also, it looks like they gave me 6 months too, not the 3 they told me over the phone. Those of you who only have 3 months additional might want to check your accounts directly to see what you ended up with:

xm.jpg

I called 800-643-2112 and ended up giving them my name, address, and email. They didn't ask for a phone number but they might have had it from caller-ID. They also didn't even ask for a credit card number, but they did warn me that the trial would automatically roll over to a subscription in December if I didn't cancel, and they would be billing me then.

I thought the way they "conned" me into giving my address was clever. They first asked for a zip code. Later they wanted to know what street I lived on. Finally they asked for the house number.

I didn't have to do anything to get the stations, and my presets, back. It just happened about the time the lady asked me if there was anything else she could do for me. I don't know about traffic - I've never used it and doubt if I ever will. One of the pleasures of being retired.

Ray

I checked the website and saw I had SatNav/traffic on the trial subscription already, so I checked the car and sure enough, traffic was working again. So it seems the signal to re-activate music can happen while driving the car, but the SatNav traffic feature may need you to stop and restart the car...(?) Or maybe it just took longer for the traffic to re-activate.

By the way, I had saved XM presets from the first month of trial, and when it ran out everything except for the preview chans changed to "-----". I was afraid that my presets might be lost, but as soon as the new trial got activated all my previous presets reappeared.

This might be of interest to me...perhaps others as well.

$4.00/mo for just the traffic information.

pricing2.jpg

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satellite?c=SXM_PageDetail_C&childpagename=SXM%2FSXM_PageDetail_C%2FOpenContent&cid=1282009830228&pagename=SXM%2FWrapper

Thanks Mick, I called and got a 6 month trial. :)

mickh said:
Hi,
Mine ended today too. I called XM directly (Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-866-519-7570) and let 'em know that it stopped. The rep took my info, (radio ID, email, etc.) and created an official account for me. Once she activated this "new" account, I'm back in business -- with, get this: a 6 month free trial period starting today.

So, give them a call.

Good luck,
Mick

If you already have another XM radio on account, you can get everything for $77 a year/$189 for three years on a multi-radio discount... But you have to ask for it. Sirrius doesn't count, by the way.

XM's simply not worth it - I went through a similar dance with them 6 months ago on my Lexus (though whole trial w/traffic) nd vowed to never deal with them again.

So with it cancelled, I'm happy to have them out of my life. May the B.I.P. (Bankrupt in Peace)

sdbonez said:
XM's simply not worth it - I went through a similar dance with them 6 months ago on my Lexus (though whole trial w/traffic) nd vowed to never deal with them again.

So with it cancelled, I'm happy to have them out of my life. May the B.I.P. (Bankrupt in Peace)

I agree, I'm not going to bother trying to get another 6 mo. trial. I was less than impressed with the variety of music the past 5 months. I heard the same tired songs over and over--just like regular radio except not as many commercials. I'll stick with my iPhone. Pass

edit: but if the traffic option is of value to you, $4 a month is a good deal.

malloryk said:
edit: but if the traffic option is of value to you, $4 a month is a good deal.

Definitely gonna get the traffic when the time comes. My DIL thinks putting Google Traffic on my iPhone is a better option. But between the difference in display size and because I don't have a data plan with T-Mobile right now, it doesn't seem like the right one for me.

Thanks again to this forum and its participants. Noticed my XM was out yesterday morning, checked this site, found the cure, made the call, verified it included the Traffic, and had the service extended for 6 months at no charge. Thanks all!

I would also second the fact that XM has pretty good customer service. The person was cheerful, spoke very good English and was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. One of the best CS calls I've ever had.

Cinnabar said:
Thanks again to this forum and its participants. Noticed my XM was out yesterday morning, checked this site, found the cure, made the call, verified it included the Traffic, and had the service extended for 6 months at no charge. Thanks all!

I would also second the fact that XM has pretty good customer service. The person was cheerful, spoke very good English and was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. One of the best CS calls I've ever had.

I had the same experience as Cinnabar. The only issue was a long wait on hold to get to the CS person. They explained that one of their call centers had a fire and they were taking more calls than normal.

Cinnabar said:

Which nunber did you call?

Thanks!

JohnP said:
I had the same experience as Cinnabar. The only issue was a long wait on hold to get to the CS person. They explained that one of their call centers had a fire and they were taking more calls than normal.
That is one more clue as to where the call center is ;-)

Ready2plugin said:
Cinnabar said:

Which nunber did you call?

Thanks!

1-866-519-7570.

My XM traffic/musci went out briefly over the weekend but came back automatically without me doing anything. I prefer to get my traffic on my Android phone with Intrix or other apps which have very detailed traffic info down to street level. Also the music from Slacker or Pandora streamed through the Bluetooth audio works quite well,except that I have to disconnect and reconnect to get the media audio to connect (the phone audio does so automatically).

Thanks to mogur and mwalsh for telling me about the traffic information. That sounds useful enough that I at least wanted to give it a real trial. So I called XM CS (phone number on the radio). After a long wait on hold he took my radio ID, billing address (but not credit card), and phone number, and said he set me up with a free trial. Then in the middle of a sentence, which I thought was going to be "thank you for calling Sirius XM, have a nice day," he hung up or was disconnected.

A day later, still no XM, so I called XM CS again (phone number on web site). After another long wait on hold I got another polite agent. She could find no record of me, neither by name, phone number, nor radio ID, and began taking down all the information again. I asked if she would call me back if she got disconnected before she finished, and she said no, they are not allowed to phone out.

First she said my trial is over (2 weeks!) and said she would set me up a new paid account. I politely repeated again the situation. Then she said my radio didn't exist. I repeated the number, and she found it. She couldn't do anything from her computer and put me on hold to go to another PC to do it. She returned and said that "since I had been such a good long time customer" (two weeks, unpaid, during which they had no record of me?!) she would give me a free trial. I repeated that the car came with music plus traffic, and she said she'd get to that later. She gave me a userid, password, and account number, at which point I became comfortable that if her phone disconnected I would not have to start all over again at zero tomorrow with another CS agent.

Then I verified the trial information with her. What was the period? 3 months. Fine with me. And it's music plus traffic? No. She said they didn't have any free trials of traffic, only music. I said that doesn't do me any good. I'm not very interested in the music. It's the traffic I want to try. She put me on hold again, and when she came back she said I had a 6 month trial of music plus traffic.

Now, if the traffic service turns out to be useful I only have the billing problem. I'm not willing to give them a credit card, given the quality of their "customer service" and reports that they refuse to close accounts and continue to bill without authorization. I could try to send them a check for a year's subscription in advance of the billing date. Or their web site mentions pre-paid cards, though it doesn't say where one might acquire these cards. Or I suppose if all else fails I could pay with a one-time-use credit card (the type meant to guard against Internet fraud) or with a stored value debit card. Has anyone found a good way to pay XM? (I guess I do have about 6 months to figure it out. :)

Back