Anybody else's XM trial end today?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mogur said:
Well, for a clue, just as we were hanging up, the XM CS wished me a "Happy Holiday." I quickly asked her, "What Holiday?" but she hung up without answering...

Then I move my guess to the Philippines:

Independence Day (Philippines)

Though I suppose that Jimmy could also be right:

Independence Day (Russia)

mwalsh said:
So after reading this, knowing that Jimmy got his car only a few days after I got mine, I decided to call back and squeak some more. After all, I still needed to get the traffic service restored, so I figured "why not?". But the gal I spoke with still wasn't willing to give me another 6 months, only 3.

Like most everyone else apparently, my XM expired on the 10th, but like mwalsh, I was only able to get the CS to agree to a 3 month trial, not 6. Oh well, certainly better than nothing. The only way I can pick up NPR is through XM (their FM broadcast doesn't reach down to Gilroy)

After reading this, I thought I had dodged the bullet, since my XM worked yesterday am. In the afternoon it shut off.

I called into customer service, and told them I thought it included a 6 month trial. They asked for the 'gift card', but said it wasn't necessary.

They gave me another 6 months free trial. I have an account already, since the car I replaced had it, as well as my wife's. I now have a credit on my account from cancelling the XM on the previous car in mid year.

For those that plan to call in, you really need to tell them you had the expectation of a 6 month trial.

Thanks for those that shared here, it helped me to know what to ask for.

Even without a Jedi mind trick I got a 6 month extension for a phone call. Past the fluff this website can be very helpful.

I got my 6 months trial, I said everyone on MyNissanLeaf.com was getting a 6 month trial by asking and I wanted it too. :D

We don't have a C jazz station in Seattle anymore so XM Watercolors fills in nicely with the smooth ride of a Leaf. The traffic is a must have around here too!

I'm trying to figure out which of these I would have to give them if I wanted my trial back.
(1) Radio serial number
(2) Name Address and so on
(3) Credit card

You folks aren't completely clear on this. Thanks.

gbarry42 said:
I'm trying to figure out which of these I would have to give them if I wanted my trial back.
(1) Radio serial number
(3) Credit card

Whatever you do, don't give them your credit card number. You have to give them your radio serial # (channel 0) and name, address, etc.

Your Radio ID, name, address, and telephone number are required. A credit card and email address is not.

gbarry42 said:
(1) Radio serial number
(3) Credit card

The whole thing is fluff as far as I am concerned, but my wife likes to listen to Elvis. We're retired, so traffic isn't an issue.

We don't have any XM or Sirius account, and I was never going to start paying them, so I had about decided to treat the Friday shutoff as the end of a free come-on that lasted one month rather than the expected three. I was also getting the impression from this thread until today that to continue I would have to open an account and would have to give them a credit card number. I'm still debating, but:
  • I assume I do have to give them contact information, right? Meaning lots of junk mail.
  • Can I really get by with no credit card on file at all? Otherwise that's a killer for me.
  • Does it matter which of the two contact numbers discussed here (866-519-7570 or 800-643-2112) we use? People do seem to be getting different results.

Or, on the other hand, maybe I should just tell my wife the trial period is over, so I don't have to listen to any more Elvis.

Ray

planet4ever said:
The whole thing is fluff as far as I am concerned, but my wife likes to listen to Elvis. We're retired, so traffic isn't an issue.

We don't have any XM or Sirius account, and I was never going to start paying them, so I had about decided to treat the Friday shutoff as the end of a free come-on that lasted one month rather than the expected three. I was also getting the impression from this thread until today that to continue I would have to open an account and would have to give them a credit card number. I'm still debating, but:
  • I assume I do have to give them contact information, right? Meaning lots of junk mail.
  • Can I really get by with no credit card on file at all? Otherwise that's a killer for me.
  • Does it matter which of the two contact numbers discussed here (866-519-7570 or 800-643-2112) we use? People do seem to be getting different results.

Or, on the other hand, maybe I should just tell my wife the trial period is over, so I don't have to listen to any more Elvis.

Ray
Contact information of address, phone #, and E-mail are required. Credit card number is not required.
I'd advise against telling your wife the trial is over, no matter how tired your are of hearing Elvis. Non-truths to a spouse are always a bad idea. :roll: :roll:

Thanks to everyone that posted info about the 6 month trial extension. I checked MNL before calling XM or Nissan, MNL saved a lot of time.
The number I called was (866) 635-2349, the phone # that the care.xmsirius.com site lists after you enter the radio ID and it says it has no knowledge of the radio ID.
As previously stated, is a bit of a glitch on what the dealers are doing that they didn't set up the six months free trial at vehicle delivery.
But other Nissan free trials have been three months.
I think if they had set it up it would have only been three months. Direct calls to XM provided for a longer free trial.
I do have XM plus best of sirius on my Altima, but XM customer service agreed to sign me up for six months before I provided any contact information where they would have known I was a subscriber on my other vehicle.

planet4ever said:

Ray

Ray...

I gave them name, address, and phone number. No email address, no credit card. :mrgreen:

Yep! Fixed with a phone call today. At the end of the period, I'll bring the LEAF radio into my account for the Altima. Hopefully I can get the same great price.

mwalsh said:
mogur said:
Well, for a clue, just as we were hanging up, the XM CS wished me a "Happy Holiday." I quickly asked her, "What Holiday?" but she hung up without answering...

Then I move my guess to the Philippines:

Independence Day (Philippines)

Though I suppose that Jimmy could also be right:

Independence Day (Russia)

I was hearing the Philippines in my guy's accent.

The XM stopped working on 11th and I used the channel 0 to get radio ID and used the phone number from the XM radio screen. The customer service reactivated my XM after I provided the radio ID, VIN and delivery date (12May11) and a 6 month promotional period ending on 11Dec11 was provided and activated during the call. Credit card information was asked for but I deferred to later during the promotional period and was informed you could save $2 by paying before the billing / renew information was mailed at the end of the promotional period. The customer service said I was using Select XM with traffic and the subscription would be $142.45 a year - 11 months with 1 month free.

Compared to most customer service calls, this one was in the top 90% from my experience. Information on how to 'activate' the XM radio with a telephone call was provided but this was not needed since the radio was activated during the call.

Nekota said:
The XM stopped working on 11th and I used the channel 0 to get radio ID and used the phone number from the XM radio screen. The customer service reactivated my XM after I provided the radio ID, VIN and delivery date (12May11) and a 6 month promotional period.....
Compared to most customer service calls, this one was in the top 90% from my experience. Information on how to 'activate' the XM radio with a telephone call was provided but this was not needed since the radio was activated during the call.

Just got off the phone. I first called the number that is not 800-XM-RADIO, and they transferred me over. I recommend calling that one first.

With my initial call, and holding after the transfer, I was on the phone about 11 minutes. Then, when the lady answered, I asked her how the weather was in the Philippines today. A little hesitation followed, and she cheerfully answered it was nice.

Anyhoo, I gave them my phone number (used only for these type business contacts... Never rings in my house) and they brought up our Infinity with XM weather / traffic. She never asked for any credit card info (the Infinty is also on it's trial period), and only tried to sell me the Internet listening option for $17.95 a year, I think.

I declined. She gave me the six month extension until Dec 2011. It took about 5 minutes for the radio to refresh with all my saved channels. You can refresh the radio at www.siriusXM.com/refresh or phone @ 855-my-refresh.

I called customer service today and they gave me another 6 months with traffic. They set up a account for me asking the following questions. My name, address and phone number they did not ask for any credit card info. It took about 10 minutes. They also needed the radio turned to chanel 1 to update the system the update took 5 minutes, the guy in cs stayed on the phone with me to make sure everything worked. :D

Back