Anybody else's XM trial end today?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the iPhone traffic is better, albeit you cant use it as easily while moving.
not having HOV or side street traffic on Sirius is a loser.
Frankly, I used it largely to listen to MLB games and the season is over.
Sirius keeps calling, often on east coast time to bother me and offer cheap restart rates.
I am resisting. that may be harder after the season starts. Forty-Four days to pitchers and catchers.

I also only got a couple weeks trial from the initial purchase date. Second trial I got started in Nov ended in one week. Restarted again and should be good to mid Feb. So for so good on the third try. I am actually starting to like XM so they might actually get a subscription. But it has been a snafu.

I planned on getting the XM as soon as the trial ran out anyway...for $15 (or whatever it is) a month...how could you not??

After careful consideration, i signed up for Spotify premium today. Spotify is to XM as Android is to CarWings. XM's technology and business model have about 10 years of catchup to do (imho).

My FM reception and stations are much better quality so no regret they ended my trial. Offer they send me was $29 for 6 mo and $100 for 12 mo. How not to sign with company that have such a great price structure. I guess they offer 6 mo at lower price, because they do not believe they will be on the market for long.

*OFFER DETAILS: Current subscribers with eligible equipment may upgrade their current package to a NavTraffic package and pay only $10 more for the first 5 months. After the promotional period the additional monthly cost of NavTraffic will be $3.99/mo. If you would like to upgrade your package, you will start a new plan and will be credited based on the days remaining in your current plan.

http://www.siriusxm.com/navtraffic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
It used to be that you could buy traffic as a standalone for $10 monthly. Is that no longer the case?

Even if it is that is literally highway robbery, especially considering the coverage (at least in my area) of the traffic overlay is very small compared to the traffic coverage I get for FREE on my $130 TomTom. The TomTom gets traffic on some major US routes, whereas the XM traffic overlay is limited strictly to interstates.

Well, sometime in the last 3 days my XM was officially turned off, about 14 months into my 3 month trial. ;) The probably figured that if the car hadn't sold yet, it never would! :lol:

I didn't actually go all the way back through this thread, but here's my problem. When I ordered my LEAF online in March 2012, part of the deal posted there was that I'd get a 6 month free trial of XM. I printed that information, so I have proof (it's even dated 5-17-12) even though the online order site is now closed off.

I took delivery 6-4-12 and am now getting 3-month trial expiry notices. I've taken this issue to my dealer several times, asking them to clear this up with the XM contact, even after having spoken to the XM people when setting up the account in June. I'm still getting email messages and snail mail warning me my trial is expiring soon (September 6). Once again, after receiving another email, I forwarded it earlier this week to the LEAF expert at my dealer's, this time asking if I need to contact the XM contact myself; I'm still pending a response (probably won't get one unless I call - again).

Did anyone get 6 months free trial (legit)? I'm half tempted to just let it run out or run on like some OP to see how long I keep getting it. It's getting annoying battling this tiny issue and getting nowhere with nobody. :x

gearhy02 said:
I planned on getting the XM as soon as the trial ran out anyway...for $15 (or whatever it is) a month...how could you not??

Before you do that and if you don't need the traffic option, you can get 6 months of 130+ channels for $25.00 plus tt&l. Keep an eye for email or mail info from them. I just did it last month and am good till Jan 2013.

Ian B

I only got a three month free subscription, and when I read the subscription costs in the mail I just got from Sirius/XM, I decided it will be a coupon code of some sort, or no renewal when it expired. At the beginning of this topic, people were getting subscriptions at $95 a year, which I could take, but now it's literally double that, and that's without the traffic info! If anyone sees a really good offer, please post it here. I have until September 2013 to find one...

LeftieBiker said:
I only got a three month free subscription, and when I read the subscription costs in the mail I just got from Sirius/XM, I decided it will be a coupon code of some sort, or no renewal when it expired. At the beginning of this topic, people were getting subscriptions at $95 a year, which I could take, but now it's literally double that, and that's without the traffic info! If anyone sees a really good offer, please post it here. I have until September 2013 to find one...

My dealer blew off the extended subscription term, siting it was from "some forum" and I also only got a 3 month free trial. I wasted the time trying to talk the vendor and the dealer into getting the longer subscription without success.

Best thing to do is to call SeriusXM direct, tell them what you want and ask what their current offers are (they will try to sell you an expensive package). I got them down to a basic 1-year subscription for ~$89 (before tax). I didn't need the traffic info, but it could've been added. I suggest you go directly to them, as well. It's so much easier than chasing your tail on this.

eclecticflower said:
LeftieBiker said:

My dealer blew off the extended subscription term, siting it was from "some forum" and I also only got a 3 month free trial. I wasted the time trying to talk the vendor and the dealer into getting the longer subscription without success.

Best thing to do is to call SeriusXM direct, tell them what you want and ask what their current offers are (they will try to sell you an expensive package). I got them down to a basic 1-year subscription for ~$89 (before tax). I didn't need the traffic info, but it could've been added. I suggest you go directly to them, as well. It's so much easier than chasing your tail on this.

I'll do that - thanks. Is it better to call when you have time left and don't seem to be vulnerable, or doesn't it matter?

LeftieBiker said:
eclecticflower said:
LeftieBiker said:

I'll do that - thanks. Is it better to call when you have time left and don't seem to be vulnerable, or doesn't it matter?
It doesn't matter. They'll inevitably start out trying to sell you the moon/up-sell you into an expensive package. I kept bugging them until they pared it down to a basic package.

How do you get the basic package? Do you tell them that you have no interest in sports, news, or talk radio, and then tell them what genres you like, or do you request specific stations?

It really isn't this hard. If you want to know about specific packages and deals offered, you can Google seriusxm and peruse the subscription offerings at their web site, as well, to get an idea of various advertized costs. Just call and ask them about their most basic plan and have them explain what it includes. You can always add onto it. ;)

Back