SF BayLEAFs Meeting April 2nd 10AM@Boardwalk Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ingineer said:
If I can make it (not sure I'll be in town), I'll try and bring a few upgraded EVSE's in case anyone is interested.

-Phil
Definitely interested and I'm sure there are others (per the discussion thread in Upgraded EVSE). I'm hoping to get my employer to at least install an outlet on the light pole next to where I usually park.

If I've counted right and interpreted forum names right we have three women coming - MaryC, MsLusty, and Margie. You were sorely missed at the first event. I'll be there if no obstacles arise.

margie100 said:
I'll be there. (Hopefully Brendan will have sold me my "week of April 1" delivery by then!)

me three... and I'm also hoping for my "week of april 1" delivery by Brendan on the 2nd as well!

I'll be there, presumably in my new blue LEAF -- at least if Nissan email is more trustworthy than Critical Mess's dashboard, and I'm confident it is. Talk about crazy:

Sat, 12 Mar 2011 From: nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index
estimated delivery
week of March 21, 2011
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:50:46 PDT From: Nissan <[email protected]>
Subject: Nissan LEAF: Expected delivery
... Your Nissan LEAF(TM) is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days.
About 11 PM Tue, 15 Mar 2011 From: nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index
estimated delivery
week of April 1, 2011
About 11 PM Wed, 16 Mar 2011 From: nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index
estimated delivery
week of April 14, 2011
Ray

gascant said:
How do we change the topic title to reflect the location of the next meeting?
Since you are the OP ... you can edit the first post in this thread. Just change the contents of the "Subject:" line :)

LEAFer said:
gascant said:
How do we change the topic title to reflect the location of the next meeting?
Since you are the OP ... you can edit the first post in this thread. Just change the contents of the "Subject:" line :)
That simple, huh? Thanks! You all should see what a whiz I am with Excel :roll:

I will be there too. I need to check the trade-in price for 2005 Infiniti G35 4 door stick shift.
My Leaf is scheduled for 4/12/2011 so I have few days to try on Craiglist.

Zhaohui said:
I would like to show up there too.

Thanks.
Yes, feel free, no reservation needed (unlike purchasing the LEAF :lol: )
By my count, so far we have 19 and, if history is any guide, we'll probably get a few more who haven't posted here on the forum.

Don't forget--next Saturday 10AM at Boardwalk Nissan. Looks like we'll have a good crowd. If you want to receive a reminder in your personal email, PM Glenn or me and we'll get you added to the BayLEAFs list server.

Does anyone want to carpool this Saturday to Redwood City? I live near Grant Road and Cuesta Drive in Mountain View and could pick up or get a ride with anyone nearby. Send me a PM if you would like to see if we can coordinate sharing a ride.

Thanks - Dave

I'd like to suggest that we plan future meetings on a different Saturday, as the first Saturday is the SFEVA meeting. As EV owners, we should try to also support the largest organized group of EV enthusiasts in the area, not just the Leaf.

I'd also like to suggest that all Leaf owners become members of their local chapters of the EAA to support the "cause".

-Phil

Ingineer said:
I'd like to suggest that we plan future meetings on a different Saturday, as the first Saturday is the SFEVA meeting. As EV owners, we should try to also support the largest organized group of EV enthusiasts in the area, not just the Leaf.

I'd also like to suggest that all Leaf owners become members of their local chapters of the EAA to support the "cause".

-Phil
I just heard about it on Tuesday this week...a little late to change the schedule for this one, but noted for the future.

I will be there early on and go home to take the kid for skiing afterwards.

Will be great to meet Brendon at last. (oh, yeh, and find out more about the delivery time ;)

WOW!

If I counted correctly, we had 32 folks at our BayLeaf get together this morning. And that's counting neither the several youngsters tagging along with moms and dads nor the obviously excited couple from Lafayette picking up their new red Leaf and trying to focus on what Nate(?) was telling them while we were all hovering around asking way too many questions. Quite a turnout!!!

Many thanks to Boardwalk Nissan and especially Brendan Dolan for hosting and providing the people-fuel to get us charged. Nice to be able to spend a few minutes in the service area getting lots of questions answered and coming away with the feeling that we'll be well cared for when we do have to come in for whatever reason.

Ingineer made quite an impression with the modified EVSEs he brought along. I hope the EV world realizes the significance of his contribution. If these become commonplace commodities, as they no doubt should, we can say we were there at the inception.

Robert Whiteaker from A-1 Electrical Contracting stopped by for a while to talk about EVSE installations and got a couple of hearty kudos from satisfied customers.

There's a camaraderie already developing among BayLeafers and I'm hopeful that, with its member having so much expertise in many different areas, BayLeaf will become a valuable resource to the Leaf and EV communities.

Thanks again, everyone, for making the day such a success!

Glenn

Back