Rainbow of LEAFs - See the colors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy said:
I don't buy into the "Red cars get more tickets" school of thinking. My last two cars were bright red (Toyota MR2 from 1985 to 2000, and the 2000 Celica I just sold to make room for the Leaf). So, two red cars over 26 years and no tickets for 34 years of driving. It's the driver, not the color of your car...

Oh, and my new Leaf will be Cayenne Red as well... :)

I'm with you, Randy. That whole red car thing is a myth: cops don't pull you over more and your insurance will not go up. My current car is bright red, I've driven it for 7 years and I've never been pulled over in it, and I live in LA. I drove a red car in Tucsan, AZ (as it was spelled on the nav screen at the drive event today in Anaheim :lol: ) for a couple years and did get a speeding ticket, but that was 16 years ago (and I was speeding so that was fair). Can't wait to get my Cayenne Red Leaf, it's a gorgeous color!

Saw a red Murano tonight in downtown Montrose....gorgeous at night. I really hope that's the LEAF color that I saw.... because then I'll question my color choice no longer. ;)

richard said:
TLeaf said:
Since it might be otherwise difficult to capture in pics (haven't noticed it yet, anyways), is there any hint of metallic to the red paint?

I didn't look at the red closely enough to say. It did strike me as being a bit darker than I had thought, almost approaching burgundy.

I checked this weekend in Anaheim. All of the colors are metallic except for the black.

cdub said:
Saw a red Murano tonight in downtown Montrose....gorgeous at night. I really hope that's the LEAF color that I saw.... because then I'll question my color choice no longer. ;)

No, that isn't Cayenne Red. It's only on the 2011 Rogue and the new Juke. In the sunlight, it looks like a light metallic copper color.

leaffan said:
cdub said:

No, that isn't Cayenne Red. It's only on the 2011 Rogue and the new Juke. In the sunlight, it looks like a light metallic copper color.

Doh! :)

Randy said:
I don't buy into the "Red cars get more tickets" school of thinking. My last two cars were bright red (Toyota MR2 from 1985 to 2000, and the 2000 Celica I just sold to make room for the Leaf). So, two red cars over 26 years and no tickets for 34 years of driving. It's the driver, not the color of your car...

Oh, and my new Leaf will be Cayenne Red as well... :)
x2

If more red cars get cited it is because people that buy red cars have a tendency to break the traffic law more often

Thanks for posting these. I like the blue color they incorporated into the metallic logo. It looks exceptionally cool on the black LEAF!

Gonewild said:
What color is this leaf? Is this red under bright light?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMn3UkcwX6U&feature=channel

That's the best rendition I've seen other in person. I tried to tell people it wasn't really red, but a light copper metallic. If it were me, I would just call it Cayenne. It will reflect a lot of heat and sun. But when it is in the shade, it looks much darker and changes to burgundy or a wine color. It's like it changes colors depending on the light.

Back