Poll : What color did you order ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What color did you order ?

• Glacier Pearl

Votes: 53 25.2%
  • Blue Ocean

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Brilliant Silver

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Super Black

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Cayenne Red

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Not Ordered Yet

Votes: 16 7.6%

• Total voters
Ready2plugin said:
c1987 said:
I am changing from white to blue...

After seeing glacier white in person (at the test drive), it looked awful. It's beige, not white. I really dislike beige. The blue and
red colors are wonderful in person. I have had a similar red for 13 years with my current car, so blue is the only choice for me now.
I have requested to change the color, post order with Nissan. Hopefully the change goes through.

Did you ask your dealer to make the change or did you go through the Nissan website?
Thanks!

I used the Chat with Nissan to request the color change. I also checked with the dealer, but they could not change from their dashboard.

Where's Earl Scheib when you need him! Nissan LEAF in Green for $19.95!

(Seriously, my precious LEAF, she's going to get a much nicer paint just than a cut-rate spray.)

I originally ordered silver, based on the Nissan website. But after seeing the vehicles in person in San Diego last weekend, I've decided the glacier pearl is more to my liking. It no way looks like the website color. I've put in a request to change, but was told there are no guartantees. It's hard to imagine Nissan would hold you to a color that is not accurate. Has anyone successfully changed colors? I'm scheduled for a December delivery.

David, check out this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1437&start=10

I think some people have had luck changing orders but you're probably too late if you're a Dec. delivery. You might find someone on that thread though who will switch vehicles with you though! :lol:

prberg said:
I don't get why White is always so popular. Is everybody just getting it because it's more 'efficient' and doesn't wear out your battery as fast?

The reason is simple: white cars look cleaner and they are cooler.
Black cars show every spec of dirt and are a heat collector.
Silver cars always look dingy.
Red cars show oxidation quicker.

White reflects all wavelengths of light so it's harder to see the dirt.
I've owned white cars for years. Even when they are filthy, they look clean. Also, I live in a sunny climate and a white car is a real plus on a hot day.

The only reason I'm going with a blue Leaf is that for the first production run, blue is the iconic image that will be remembered. Although at the road show last weekend I really liked the way the blue tone Nissan name plate sticks out on the glacier pearl.

I ordered Ocean Blue thinking it was the light blue I saw on the LEAF when it toured the nation last year and appeared in so many print ads and videos.Now I'm just finding out that blue is no longer the same and has been changed to a noticeably darker shade which I don't care for. I talked to Nissan today and requested a color change to silver but they said they couldn't guarantee it since I already placed my order. Wish I'd been informed of the color change at my time of order.

I changed mine to blue. After the WA test drive a couple of weeks ago, I really think the blue is the best looking of the lot.

GerryAZ said:
I ordered silver to match my other vehicles. I thought about the blue, but am glad I did not select it if it is significantly darker than the one in the traveling display.
Gerry

Welcome to the forum Gerry! :D

After my test drive yesterday, I changed my color to Brilliant Silver. I actually thought Ocean Blue looked best of all but I want a lighter color for Texas summers. Glacier Pearl looked fantastic from some angles (especially with the blue-tinted hood emblem) but I thought the Silver looked better over all.

j.

Back