Poll : What color did you order ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What color did you order ?

• Glacier Pearl

Votes: 53 25.2%
  • Blue Ocean

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Brilliant Silver

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Super Black

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Cayenne Red

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Not Ordered Yet

Votes: 16 7.6%

• Total voters

evnow

Believe it or not, Leaf comes in colors other than blue.

• Glacier Pearl (QX1)
• Blue Ocean (RAT)
• Brilliant Silver (K23)
• Super Black (KH3)
• Cayenne Red (NAH)

What color did you order ?

I don't get why White is always so popular. Is everybody just getting it because it's more 'efficient' and doesn't wear out your battery as fast?

I changed from blue to white because they changed the blue to a darker blue, I saw the original blue it Japan and loved it because it was unique light blue.

prberg said:
I don't get why White is always so popular. Is everybody just getting it because it's more 'efficient' and doesn't wear out your battery as fast?

It isn't really white (Glacier Pearl), it's a cream color with flecks in the paint. It has more of a silvery look in the shade.

1051 said:
I changed from blue to white because they changed the blue to a darker blue, I saw the original blue it Japan and loved it because it was unique light blue.

This isn't the first time I have read that the production Ocean Blue color will be darker than the pre-production vehicles that we have seen so many times in videos and photos. If this is true, it would be nice to know just how much darker the color will be, especially since I ordered an Ocean Blue Leaf :eek:

I believe that all of the color choices other than Ocean Blue are available on other Nissan vehicles so those that ordered Ocean Blue based their color selection on photos and videos. If it is true that Nissan is going to change the color slightly (e.g. darken it), it would be nice to see the actual color.

May be these are the two blues ? I'd say, whatever we see in the recent vehilces, like the ones that we see duing the tour is the production blue ...

4bf212448dc3e.jpg

Production blue is described by some men as "two shades darker"
than the "mule" blue.

But, what do men know about color?
They think peach is a fruit, and mauve might be ...
a shameful medical condition? :)

Verified that the cars that will be part of the driving tour are the final production "Ocean Blue" . I was also told that the pictures here: http://www.nissannews.com/image-gallery.do?method=view&imageGalleryId=284&mid= show the final production color.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Verified that the cars that will be part of the driving tour are the final production "Ocean Blue" . I was also told that the pictures here: http://www.nissannews.com/image-gallery.do?method=view&imageGalleryId=284&mid= show the final production color.

This is how it will look in Seattle.

2011_nissan_LEAF_20__mid.jpg

When I bought Maxima - it was supposed to be dark Green. I saw it on a sunny day. But everyone thinks eversince that it is black !

Brilliant Silver can be seen on the Infiniti FX35/45. Probably other Nissan products as well. We had a 45 and loved the color!

c1987 said:
After seeing them in person, I hate the "muddy" white I ordered and love the darker production blue. I will be changing colors.

How does one change colors after ordering? I thought we were locked in on color in since they are building our specific car to order.

Boomer23 said:
c1987 said:
After seeing them in person, I hate the "muddy" white I ordered and love the darker production blue. I will be changing colors.

How does one change colors after ordering? I thought we were locked in on color in since they are building our specific car to order.

I believe the color is locked in once you order, unless he can 'trade' with someone. ;)

prberg said:
White is the most popular car color, period. Check it out here - 2009 car colors survey:
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=colors
Why the top 4 colors are neutral is beyond me. I like unique colors with personality, I'm not afraid to choose my own color. But sadly, most people like white. The second most popular color is black. Go figure. :roll: (Those here who like white or black, no hurt feelings - besides, you are in the majority - but I still can't figure out why anyone would pick such a boring color :p )

Boomer23 said:
c1987 said:

I will let you know, I have a request to change mine from Silver to Red since my wife a daughter out voted me. My order date was 8/31 before anyone saw the actual red.

johnr said:
prberg said:
White is the most popular car color, period. Check it out here - 2009 car colors survey:
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=colors
Why the top 4 colors are neutral is beyond me. I like unique colors with personality, I'm not afraid to choose my own color. But sadly, most people like white. The second most popular color is black. Go figure. :roll: (Those here who like white or black, no hurt feelings - besides, you are in the majority - but I still can't figure out why anyone would pick such a boring color :p )

Where can we find color choice by state? Here in AZ, I'd be willing to bet that Silver/Light Gray may just overtake White/Cream. Every parking lot I've been in, I always see more Silver than White cars. In fact, I only bought White last time because that's all that was available at a reasonable price. Black and other dark colors I'm sure will be at the bottom. For me, it isn't about the batteries, but the inside comfort level and still having a color I like.

I am changing from white to blue...

After seeing glacier white in person (at the test drive), it looked awful. It's beige, not white. I really dislike beige. The blue and
red colors are wonderful in person. I have had a similar red for 13 years with my current car, so blue is the only choice for me now.
I have requested to change the color, post order with Nissan. Hopefully the change goes through.

c1987 said:
I am changing from white to blue...

After seeing glacier white in person (at the test drive), it looked awful. It's beige, not white. I really dislike beige. The blue and
red colors are wonderful in person. I have had a similar red for 13 years with my current car, so blue is the only choice for me now.
I have requested to change the color, post order with Nissan. Hopefully the change goes through.

Did you ask your dealer to make the change or did you go through the Nissan website?
Thanks!

Back