Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GinkoLeaf said:
patrick0101 said:
What is the "Lower apron" upgrade? It looks like some people are getting notified that this needs to be updated. I have not seen this notice. Have you?

I got a notice over the weekend that I have to go in for a software upgrade. I'll have to look at the email again. I don't recall anything about an apron upgrade.

My understanding is that "apron upgrade" applies to the 2012 models.

padamson1 said:
According to PlugShare there is a J1772 charger in the little mini-mall by the Stop sign on NW Mill Ridge Rd (w/ the Pizzicato, Wine Shop, etc). I tried to find it the other night with no luck, but it was dark. Does it actually exist?
I was looking for a station today with PlugShare and I could not find it. PlugShare said that it was a Blink station, so I switched to the Blink app and found that it was two blocks away.

PlugShare got me close, I guess that is one of the drawbacks of a crowdsourced apps.

patrick0101 said:
padamson1 said:
According to PlugShare there is a J1772 charger in the little mini-mall by the Stop sign on NW Mill Ridge Rd (w/ the Pizzicato, Wine Shop, etc). I tried to find it the other night with no luck, but it was dark. Does it actually exist?
I was looking for a station today with PlugShare and I could not find it. PlugShare said that it was a Blink station, so I switched to the Blink app and found that it was two blocks away.

PlugShare got me close, I guess that is one of the drawbacks of a crowdsourced apps.

Patrick have you seen pluginamerica.org survey??

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

patrick0101 said:
What's strange though is that PlugShare supposedly received the Blink locations from their API. Given the inaccuracies I've seen, it's almost like they pulled an old revision of data and then never updated it.

i have one Blink charger i cannot find. now its downtown Oly at Government building which has several covered parking areas to investigate but tried everyone i could see and no luck.

Will need clarification

DaveinOlyWA said:
Patrick have you seen pluginamerica.org survey?
Yes I have. In fact that is why I was looking for this station. I submitted 10 reports this weekend and found a Blink station that was not on his map.

patrick0101 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Patrick have you seen pluginamerica.org survey?
Yes I have. In fact that is why I was looking for this station. I submitted 10 reports this weekend and found a Blink station that was not on his map.
Oh nice!
Finally found the one I was looking for. It r stuck in the corner of the pay section

Hood River announced two new CHAdeMO charging stations coming to town: http://www.hoodrivernews.com/ns/news-headlines/8782/city-of-hood-river-approves-installation-of-electric-vehicle-charging-station" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's part of the Tiger II project. There's also supposed to be one in Cascade Locks, too, opening the Gorge to EV touring. Don't forget the level 2 charger in Stevenson.

Awesome. Keep em coming!

I have a 240v plug available on Plugshare when you get to Hood River. It is located in Odell, 730' elevation. I am working with Mt. Hood Meadows ski resort to get L2 chargers at the parking lot. I have been to the Nordic center at 4200' and back home on one charge, 8% remaining. I go to/from Teacup Lake ski area & Tilly Jane/Cooper Spur ski areas on one charge.

Kwood said:
Hood River announced two new CHAdeMO charging stations in town: http://www.hoodrivernews.com/ns/news-headlines/8782/city-of-hood-river-approves-installation-of-electric-vehicle-charging-station" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's part of the Tiger II project. There's also supposed to be one in Cascade Locks, too, opening the Gorge to EV touring. Don't forget the level 2 charger in Stevenson.

Awesome. Keep em coming!
Very nice! But please, please proceed with the Welches and Govt. Camp stations -- I'd like to be able to go skiing again! I experimented last weekend by driving roundtrip from my home in SW Portland to Sandy on one charge, and feel pretty sure I could make portland-to-Welches one-way. The elevation gain from Welches to Timberline represents about 7KWH at 100% efficiency, I figure, so maybe 4 bars' worth of charge over and above what the flat-ground mileage would take? Ought to be able to get to the ski area and back from Welches on an 80% QuickCharge!

Immediately after receiving my Oregon Residential Energy Tax Credit Certification for $1583 on 2/17, I filed my tax return claiming the tax credit. Today, I recieved a notice from Oregon Dept of Revenue saying that they are denying the residential energy tax credit. Anyone else recieve one of these letters? I plan to appeal, and I really don't see how I could fail. I wonder of DOE and DOR are actually talking.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/03/battery-boosted-rapid-ev-charging-station-wont-shock-the-electric-grid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Portland, Oregon, is home to the nation’s first EV quick-charge station with a battery assist.

The battery buffer EV charger, manufactured and installed by Kanematsu, includes a battery pack that allows EV drivers to charge up in 30 minutes or less with minimal impact to the grid and their wallet.
The charger joins six others, including a conventional DC quick charger, on the Portland State University campus...

ericinor said:
Immediately after receiving my Oregon Residential Energy Tax Credit Certification for $1583 on 2/17, I filed my tax return claiming the tax credit. Today, I recieved a notice from Oregon Dept of Revenue saying that they are denying the residential energy tax credit. Anyone else recieve one of these letters? I plan to appeal, and I really don't see how I could fail. I wonder of DOE and DOR are actually talking.
How did you come up with $1583? I thought the credit was for a max of $1500.

gsleaf said:
Is it currently possible to drive from Portland to anywhere on the OR coast?
There are a couple of charging stations in Lincoln City. I'm guessing you could get there on a full charge from Hilsboro?

ericinor said:

Double-check your postcard from Oregon Dept. of Energy to make sure it says "2011 Tax credit ..." We submitted the application in early November, and received it at the end of November. Did you buy the car in 2011 or 2012? Could be possible that DOR thinks it applies to 2012 tax year (or as you said they may not be talking to one another)! Good luck with the resolution, and please keep us posted.

Can anyone recommend a good LEAF service department in the Portland metro area? From some of
the complaints I hear from friends, they're not all the same.

GinkoLeaf said:
ericinor said:
How did you come up with $1583? I thought the credit was for a max of $1500.

I claimed the $1500 for the Leaf and $83 for the EVSE Ugrade. I really didn't expect DoE to go for the EVSE Upgrade, but apparently they were fine with it. I purchased everything in 2011, and the certificate is for the 2011 tax year.

Oregon Department of Transportation, The Oregon Department of Energy, Rogue Valley Clean Cities Coalition and AeroVironmentEV invite you to the inauguration of the West Coast Electric Highway in Central Point, OR on March 16 starting at 11am PT. Check out this link for details: http://bit.ly/zHPzmF (copied from AeroVironmentEV's Facebook)

I asked AeroVironment if their L3 stations in southern Oregon would be active by Friday morning to enable travel to the event and they said they would, and to check their Facebook page next week for more information. Exciting times!

Back