Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two DC Quick Chargers on Electric Avenue at Portland State University are fully operational. The only one with issues is the Blink DC Quick Charge unit at the NW Portland/Hollywood Fred Meyer store.

There will soon be two additional DC Quick Charge units in Hillsboro though (no official timeline), one at the Sunset Fred Meyer (Hwy 26 & Cornelius Pass Road) and at the Hillsboro Civic Center.

padamson1 said:
garygid said:
With the new QC stations South on I-5, how close is the one nearest to Portland (that is working)?
I assume you know that there are two QC's in Portland (at PSU and the Hollywood Fred Meyer), unfortunately they seem to be inoperable more often than not. However either would seem more practical for your Hillsboro buddy.
There are four: two at PSU, one at the World Trade Center and the one at Freddies. It is 85 miles from the WTC to the Brownsville exit, where the northernmost of the stations will be opening any day now so you'd want to stop in Woodburn or Salem and settle for an L2 booster shot until they finally get a QC in that area...

greenwayleaf said:
ericinor said:
Immediately after receiving my Oregon Residential Energy Tax Credit Certification for $1583 on 2/17, I filed my tax return claiming the tax credit. Today, I recieved a notice from Oregon Dept of Revenue saying that they are denying the residential energy tax credit. Anyone else recieve one of these letters? I plan to appeal, and I really don't see how I could fail. I wonder of DOE and DOR are actually talking.

Double-check your postcard from Oregon Dept. of Energy to make sure it says "2011 Tax credit ..." We submitted the application in early November, and received it at the end of November. Did you buy the car in 2011 or 2012? Could be possible that DOR thinks it applies to 2012 tax year (or as you said they may not be talking to one another)! Good luck with the resolution, and please keep us posted.

The appeal was successful, DOE sent the rest of the tax credit back. Unfortunately, there was no explanation.

From Oregon Department of Transportation bulletin sent 04/27/2012:
Two new EV charging stations extend "West Coast Electric Highway"
The new stations are in Springfield at exit 195A -
The Gateway Marketplace charging station is located at the Sycan Office, 840 Beltline Road in Springfield, behind the Shari’s Restaurant (after you get onto Beltline,work your way to the left so that after you cross Gateway at the light, you will be in the left lane-you should be able to see Shari's ahead -
and the Pioneer Villa Truck Plaza at the Brownsville exit 216 on I-5 -
, located at 33180 Highway 228 (East side of I-5) the charging station is about 100FT west of the gas station, right before the motel units-
I drove past the Springfield location twice Friday, blissfully unaware of it's existence, before heading back to Albany with a stop at the Pioneer Villa to check on the status of the station there. We've been using our i.c.e. car for Eugene trips and I can't wait to put an end to that! This time, there was no fence around the units and everything looked good to go. I asked the guy at the gas station if they were working and he didn't have any idea. As soon as I got home, I checked my email and there was the message from ODOT, sent a few hours too late for this trip. I will try to get down to Brownsville this weekend to get my first quickie (can I say that here?).

Has anybody replaced the front windshield wipers yet? If so, is there a way to replace just the rubber strip, or do I have to replace the whole wiper blade unit that detaches from the wiper arm?? Or do I just let the dealer do it at the next service visit? :(

GinkoLeaf said:
Has anybody replaced the front windshield wipers yet? If so, is there a way to replace just the rubber strip, or do I have to replace the whole wiper blade unit that detaches from the wiper arm?? Or do I just let the dealer do it at the next service visit? :(

Inquired about this on my last dealer visit for the software update and was told that the whole wiper blade unit must be replaced, yes the one that detaches from the arm. Costs about $30 a pair.

just ran into this, maybe old news as I've been away from the boards for a bit:
http://www.ktvz.com/oregon-northwest/30950450/detail.html

Looks like you guys are going to have an additional 13 chargers going in due to an extension of the grant! looks like speedy installation is being rewarded with extended grant money! The bulk of our fast chargers here are reliant on Ecotality, and with all the speculation that they are on the verge of folding, I fear we are going to end up with a very limited QC network.

have to say that WA is lagging behind OR and WADOT keeps telling us that they are leaving all these chargers that are in the ground turned off because they have to fly someone up to certify them, at which point they will turn them all on at the same time. meanwhile you guys are getting yours turned on in multiple small batches... Since it's Aerovironment installing in both states, it really doesn't add up!

GaslessInSeattle said:
just ran into this, maybe old news as I've been away from the boards for a bit:
http://www.ktvz.com/oregon-northwest/30950450/detail.html

Looks like you guys are going to have an additional 13 chargers going in due to an extension of the grant! looks like speedy installation is being rewarded with extended grant money! The bulk of our fast chargers here are reliant on Ecotality, and with all the speculation that they are on the verge of folding, I fear we are going to end up with a very limited QC network.

have to say that WA is lagging behind OR and WADOT keeps telling us that they are leaving all these chargers that are in the ground turned off because they have to fly someone up to certify them, at which point they will turn them all on at the same time. meanwhile you guys are getting yours turned on in multiple small batches... Since it's Aerovironment installing in both states, it really doesn't add up!

George, our issues have simply been ground breaking of the units. there is one in Bellingham, on around Westlake, and then the Wendy's in Centrailia. that is 3 of the 11. any info on the "exact" location of the other 8?

the Project Map shows general locations but i have been driving around the area for the Lacey Location and have yet to see any new construction. Granted its going to be hard to just see accidentally, but have put the message out and no one else has spotted any new installs either.

with that in mind, would you come up to turn on 3 now, then turn on more later? or wait until it was all together. So i can see why we are being delayed. Just wondering when we might start seeing some construction around here

greenwayleaf said:
GinkoLeaf said:

Inquired about this on my last dealer visit for the software update and was told that the whole wiper blade unit must be replaced, yes the one that detaches from the arm. Costs about $30 a pair.

Thanks for the reply. I did find these online (see the Trico Exact Fit Hybrid) and wonder if its a suitable replacement: http://www.tricoproducts.com/Trade/WiperProducts/FactoryReplacement/ExactFit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:?:

DaveinOlyWA said:
...with that in mind, would you come up to turn on 3 now, then turn on more later? or wait until it was all together. So i can see why we are being delayed. Just wondering when we might start seeing some construction around here

My point is if OR can certify a few at a time why can't we, both states are using Aerovironment!

I am guessing its because it isonly a few that WA has ready. OR turned on lkk 9-10the first time and 13 this time. We have like 3 maybe?
GaslessInSeattle said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
...with that in mind, would you come up to turn on 3 now, then turn on more later? or wait until it was all together. So i can see why we are being delayed. Just wondering when we might start seeing some construction around here

My point is if OR can certify a few at a time why can't we, both states are using Aerovironment!

Got the 12-month inspection/service notice. Has anyone done this locally? What exactly does the dealer do, and how much did it cost? Thanks in advance for the thoughts and input!

greenwayleaf said:
Got the 12-month inspection/service notice. Has anyone done this locally? What exactly does the dealer do, and how much did it cost? Thanks in advance for the thoughts and input!
The only thing required is the battery check and that is guaranteed to be free for at least the first 3 years. The info they give you will be fairly worthless, but Nissan corporate receives a lot of additional data.

I had my tires rotated and got the car washed for $15. They'll want to flush the brake fluid for a ridiculous amount of $$ even though it doesn't really need to be done until the 24-month level. Cabin filter needs to be replaced, but I'll probably just order the 3-pack for $25 and do it myself.

When did any of you last used the Fred Meyer QC? It did not work the last three times I was there, it wont read the card. It is also not shown at all on the blink map.

camasleaf said:
When did any of you last used the Fred Meyer QC? It did not work the last three times I was there, it wont read the card. It is also not shown at all on the blink map.
Recargo shows the last report being 7 days ago with the status that the chargers were down for repair. Did you call Blink to find out the status?

DarkStar said:
camasleaf said:
Recargo shows the last report being 7 days ago with the status that the chargers were down for repair. Did you call Blink to find out the status?

I tried to call them on 05-27, Sunday. I was on hold until my wife was done shopping :eek: . It was not that bad, she only had to buy some flowers; I just gave up. And your are right: the L2 was also down, not powered.

Hi All,
Have you noticed the chargers going into various Walgreens around the region? I contacted the manufacturer for more information: SemaConnect manufactures and sells the ChargePro 620, Level 2, Electric Vehicle Charging station. They said currently those charging stations are all free and an RFID card is not required at this time. Just pull up, plug in, and start charging. :cool:

Here's the the correspondence from the SemaCharge representative:
"Yes the company that owns the Walgreens stations have not yet decided on how much they are going to charge or when they are going to start, so for now all those stations in the Portland area are Free. The way our software & stations work, allows drivers to simply plug in to begin charging as long as the stations are set to "Open" access."

Here's a link to their station locator: https://www.semacharge.com/publicstations.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just put in a local zip code.

Drive on!! :D

Back