Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
it is this EXACT situation that should be worked on. basically looking at a type of quick reference guide from Nissan to clear things up. Put it in every new car.
The manual only really takes about 20-30 minutes to read through to get started. ;)

DarkStar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
it is this EXACT situation that should be worked on. basically looking at a type of quick reference guide from Nissan to clear things up. Put it in every new car.
The manual only really takes about 20-30 minutes to read through to get started. ;)

ya...no

havent read a single word of mine and will admit I misplaced it when we moved but looking at something that is a single page or 2 at the most. mostly graphics, and can get the info needed at a glance.

A Guide for New LEAFers from the Seattle Area LEAF owners on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/notes/seattle-nissan-leaf-owners/got-your-leaf-now-what/387746824590094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First I would like to thank the lady that helped My wife and I at the Aerovironment QC in Cascade locks. You see, It seems that before you decide to Leaf it to Hood River you should make sure your AV RFID fob is working :evil: We decided to take our first extended trip in our '13 Leaf on Sunday. Having a little range anxiety, I stopped in Cascade Locks to use the West Coast Elelctric Hwy DC QC. Well I get "ID Validation Error" Call Aerovironment number on station. " Your acct looks good, your fob is active etc.." "There was an update to Oregon systems that may be the problem." Well about that time the nice lady that helped us swipes her fob and the station works flawlessly....Quickly charging our car. Well what the hell lets go on to Hood River maybe this was a fluke. Try the staion in Hood river. The same thing. Call tech support.... "Our computer systems are down for maintenance I cant help you but I can call when they are back up" hmm its Thursday, still waiting for that call. Ended up using the Blink L2 chargers at the hospital in Hood River. At least my wife, son and I had bonding time with the Leaf watching a movie on my phone while waiting for the charge.... OK Rant over. Other than that still lovin the Leaf after 4 weeks...

tas7107 said:
First I would like to thank the lady that helped My wife and I at the Aerovironment QC in Cascade locks. You see, It seems that before you decide to Leaf it to Hood River you should make sure your AV RFID fob is working :evil: We decided to take our first extended trip in our '13 Leaf on Sunday. Having a little range anxiety, I stopped in Cascade Locks to use the West Coast Elelctric Hwy DC QC. Well I get "ID Validation Error" Call Aerovironment number on station. " Your acct looks good, your fob is active etc.." "There was an update to Oregon systems that may be the problem." Well about that time the nice lady that helped us swipes her fob and the station works flawlessly....Quickly charging our car. Well what the hell lets go on to Hood River maybe this was a fluke. Try the staion in Hood river. The same thing. Call tech support.... "Our computer systems are down for maintenance I cant help you but I can call when they are back up" hmm its Thursday, still waiting for that call. Ended up using the Blink L2 chargers at the hospital in Hood River. At least my wife, son and I had bonding time with the Leaf watching a movie on my phone while waiting for the charge.... OK Rant over. Other than that still lovin the Leaf after 4 weeks...

Wow, that sucks. I've only had great experiences with AV. I lost my fob during the only two long trips I've taken so far, and every time I needed to charge they did it for me over the phone in minutes. Day or night. They also sent me a replacement via priority mail. I've been waiting months for my first Blink card...

I lost my 12th bar on 09/25/13. It took 26.5 months of driving the car and 41,124 miles. I also quick charged 189 times. I park it 45 hours a week in The Dalles, OR which tends to have hotter summertime temperatures. I was at AHr 54.76, Cap 82.70% & Hlth 68.26%.

New PDX area leaf owner checking in here. I've been lurking on MNL for a while as I did my research, etc., but I didn't know that there was a dedicated PDX area thread. I'm actually up across the river, but close enough.

Had to make a trip down to McMinnville this past weekend, and rolled into town at 13 GIDs left (from a 100% charge at departure, headlights/wipers/heat on the whole way). Had to wait in line for the QC. I was #3, #1 wrapped up just a couple minutes after I got there, and #2 only grabbed about 10 mins of charge. Spent that whole time on hold with AV waiting to get the charger activated (don't have my AV fob yet). I was able to pull the car into the spot and get plugged in before they answered (my call log said 13 minutes). Worked great after that, but I now realize how convenient having a fob will be.

I actually wanted to do my "range test" out to Hood River, but with that route being all interstate, I felt like I had less margin for error. There's no electrons available between Cascade Locks and Hood River!

Just wanted to say hi--

--G

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I lost my 12th bar on 09/25/13. It took 26.5 months of driving the car and 41,124 miles. I also quick charged 189 times.
That is some hard drivin'. I guess it is good to know that it takes that high level of use to lose capacity quickly here in the NW.

I am at 32 months and still have ~56 AHr. So I am guessing I can go another 9 months before losing a bar.

Do you know of anyone else that has lost a bar here in OR or WA?

gmikol said:
now realize how convenient having a fob will be
Yes, I would get them for AV, Blink, ChargePoint, and SemaCharge. Those are the ones that I see around. I would also recommend this article I wrote for new EV owners http://www.plugincars.com/electric-vehicle-charging-basics-125792.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI, the Portland to Tri-Cities route can now be easily traversed thanks to ODOT and an RV park in Plymouth, WA. The Arlington, OR to Kennewick leg is 70 mi with a significant 1000-1500 ft climb, but a quick top off in Plymouth makes it easy. Brendan reports about 5-6 hr travel/charging time. Check http://www.plugshare.com for more info.

Unfortunately, travel between Seattle and the Tri-Cities is still difficult for us Leaf owners.

We're thinking of leasing a new LEAF or buying a used one. Does anyone have a recommendation for a Portland-area installer of an EVSE device?

Any halfway competent electrician will make short work of it. The whole process is just the things they do all day long. Order the EVSE you want online before hand though.

Back