Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the most difficultly will be that an out-of-state dealer won't be able to help with the tax paperwork and you'll need to do it all on your own. I would suspect that an in-state dealer will be able to make sure you have everything you need to apply for the state tax credit.

Hello, I hope everyone is super excited about the order process on the Nissan Leaf. It has been a long journey and we are getting to the final stages of release. I wanted to let everyone know Nissan of Portland will be offering MSRP for all interested Leaf buyers. We will be a fully certified EV shop with Level 2 and 3 charging stations, certified techs and all proper tools required by Nissan to service your Nissan Leaf. Please feel free to give me a call Chris Harshman with any questions or email me at [email protected].

illusive503 said:
Hello, I hope everyone is super excited about the order process on the Nissan Leaf. It has been a long journey and we are getting to the final stages of release. I wanted to let everyone know Nissan of Portland will be offering MSRP for all interested Leaf buyers. We will be a fully certified EV shop with Level 2 and 3 charging stations, certified techs and all proper tools required by Nissan to service your Nissan Leaf. Please feel free to give me a call Chris Harshman with any questions or email me at [email protected].

Thanks for reaching out, Chris! It's good to see a local dealer take an interest in the EV community. Please let us know when test drives will be available.

HIOJim said:
Thanks for reaching out, Chris! It's good to see a local dealer take an interest in the EV community. Please let us know when test drives will be available.

We thank you guys for hanging in there with us and your interest in the Nissan Leaf! I will keep you informed with all the information I receive from Nissan as sometimes they release info the day they release to the media. Again please feel free to direct any questions as I will try and get them answered.

Update on Drive Tour for Portland Or

tour stop dates and hours

*drive electric tour dates and hours may vary than that of the event/venue dates and hours.

Friday, November 5: 9am-6pm
Saturday, November 6: 8am-6pm
Sunday, November 7: 8am-5pm

Address:

SolarWorld
25300 NW Evergreen Road
Hillsboro, OR 97124

I'm another Corvallis person looking forward to getting my LEAF! (I've only seen two others on this thread so far.) I placed my order yesterday with our local dealer (Scoville).

No word yet from Ecotality on when they might come by to see what I need for an EVSE.

My understanding of the Oregon tax credit is that it's actually in two parts -- 1) $750 credit for the purchase of an EV; and 2) $750 credit for the cost of charging equipment. Here's a link to the Oregon tax credit information -- http://www.oregon.gov/ENERGY/TRANS/hybridcr.shtml

Looking forward to this EV journey with you all!

Good luck with Scoville, Allan. i have had some of the worst customer service (twice) when trying to deal with them. i live a stone's throw away from them and I'm still going with Lithia in Eugene. Congrats on your order, and again, best of luck.

AlanK said:
I'm another Corvallis person looking forward to getting my LEAF! (I've only seen two others on this thread so far.) I placed my order yesterday with our local dealer (Scoville).

No word yet from Ecotality on when they might come by to see what I need for an EVSE.

My understanding of the Oregon tax credit is that it's actually in two parts -- 1) $750 credit for the purchase of an EV; and 2) $750 credit for the cost of charging equipment. Here's a link to the Oregon tax credit information -- http://www.oregon.gov/ENERGY/TRANS/hybridcr.shtml

Looking forward to this EV journey with you all!

AlanK, so you got to order even though your status on your dashboard was still "Etec pending"? If so, were you able to order the SL etec trim? I am etec pending and still have not been able to order.

AlanK said:

Alan - if your situation is the simplest installation, ECOtality will not even come out for an assessment. I'm in San Diego, accepted by EV Project, they never did an assessment and I ordered on 9/3. :)

Kataphn said:
AlanK, so you got to order even though your status on your dashboard was still "Etec pending"? If so, were you able to order the SL etec trim? I am etec pending and still have not been able to order.

Actually, my account says "home assessment: eTec application accepted." If yours says "eTec pending," maybe that means they have not finished their final selection process or something?

I was told by a customer service person at Nissan that being able to place my order was not tied to being scheduled for a home assessment; I think the only tie between the two steps - at least for people who have been selected for the EV Project - is that Nissan needs to hear from eTec that they are in the program. When I went to place my order, I found that I was automatically assigned an "eTec trim" (same as an SL, so it will have the L3 charging port installed). What I had chosen earlier was the SV trim.

So now I've placed my order for the car with some things I didn't really want to spend an extra $940 on; but by the same token, I may not end up having to pay $700 for the L3 port (as an EV Project participant). :) It's not entirely clear to me at this point.

LEAFguy said:
AlanK said:

Alan - if your situation is the simplest installation, ECOtality will not even come out for an assessment. I'm in San Diego, accepted by EV Project, they never did an assessment and I ordered on 9/3. :)

Gee, I was kinda hoping that someone would be coming out to look at where I think the EVSE could go, and get an OK on that, as well as to schedule the installation. And how about that cool sign with a picture of the EVSE on it, which they would hang on the wall to mark the spot? ...OK, I guess I don't really need a cool sign. I expect I'll hear from Ecotality at some point, after they hear from Nissan that I've placed an order for the car.

Hello Chris (Nissan of Portland),
I was just reading how Nissan of Wilsonville is offering dealer invoice instead of MSRP for OEVA members. Is this something you are thinking of doing too?

Bowthom,

Did Tonkin say how much difference there was between MSRP and dealer invoice? I have been thinking about joining OEVA, but I kind of felt weird about it since I don't actually own an EV yet.

AlanK said:
I may not end up having to pay $700 for the L3 port (as an EV Project participant). :) It's not entirely clear to me at this point.

Alan, as an etec participant, you get the L3 port at no charge. :)

Well, I think I am getting close to finally ordering. I am still Etec Pending but I had an assessment on the 13th and on the 16th got an email from the contractor saying I would get the free EVSE. So now I have to decide where to shop fairly soon since I am a Sept. order and it is the 22nd of Sep.
Alan Webb ( the closest dealer to me) says that they will sell for MSRP. They told me that the people that buy from them will get priority use of their charging stations. I thought that was pretty good since they are exactly half way between my almost daily commute. If I needed to I could just swing on in and charge. Then I asked them "what priority use means"? Does it mean "free charging" or access day or night or what? They didn't answer. So that being the only benefit, I thought I would ask you guys (or gals) that have already ordered or are about to order what dealer you are dealing with and what benefits might there be? As far as I can tell, Tonkin of Wilsonville is the only one that might possibly sell for less then MSRP. But I think someone said that I would have to belong to OVEA. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

PORTLAND, ORE. – Wednesday, September 22, 2010 – ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, today unveiled its Blink electric vehicle charging station as well as blueprints for electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure deployment in four major metropolitan areas in Northwestern Oregon: Portland, Salem, Corvallis and Eugene. The announcement marks the completion of a critical milestone in the planning process for The EV Project, the largest rollout of EV infrastructure in the world. As part of the project, ECOtality will install more than 1,100 publicly available chargers throughout the region.

ECOtality worked closely with its Oregon Advisory Team and area stakeholders—including Pacificorp, the newest EV Project partner—to complete deployment guidelines and develop maps showing potential charging site locations and density. The maps were created using criteria developed during the Micro-Climate™ process and take into consideration a variety of factors, including transportation routes, employment centers and zoning.

solardude said:
PORTLAND, ORE. – Wednesday, September 22, 2010 – ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, today unveiled its Blink electric vehicle charging station as well as blueprints for electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure deployment in four major metropolitan areas in Northwestern Oregon: Portland, Salem, Corvallis and Eugene. The announcement marks the completion of a critical milestone in the planning process for The EV Project, the largest rollout of EV infrastructure in the world. As part of the project, ECOtality will install more than 1,100 publicly available chargers throughout the region.

ECOtality worked closely with its Oregon Advisory Team and area stakeholders—including Pacificorp, the newest EV Project partner—to complete deployment guidelines and develop maps showing potential charging site locations and density. The maps were created using criteria developed during the Micro-Climate™ process and take into consideration a variety of factors, including transportation routes, employment centers and zoning.

Way to go, being on top of the news! They've sent me maps of the Salem and Corvallis-Albany area, if anyone is interested.

solardude said:

The image of "coverage" is starting to look like a wireless map!
http://www.ecotality.com/newsletter/images/Portland-Metro-Map.jpg

Back