[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the San Diego drive event today and asked the people from CCSE if the $5M had made the recently approved budget. They said it was in the budget, and will be available come January 1.

Will Nissan include the $5000 California rebate in the lease like it does for the Federal rebate?

How am I supposed to claim it if I don't purchase the vehicle?

djbess said:
Will Nissan include the $5000 California rebate in the lease like it does for the Federal rebate?

No, Nissan has nothing to do with the $5K Ca rebate.

You can claim the rebate regardless of whether you purchase or lease. On the day you purchase/lease, grab your sales paperwork (including the VIN#) and log on the the CA rebate site and start the process.

There is an additional 5 million allocated for this program in the new Ca budget, but I don't believe that money will show up on the chart of available funds until after January.

djbess said:

Probably not. You can claim it even if you lease; keep the car registered in California for 36 continuous months. You get a check in the mail (not sure how fast they turn around to process applications/mail checks).

LEAFer said:
djbess said:

Probably not. You can claim it even if you lease; keep the car registered in California for 36 continuous months. You get a check in the mail (not sure how fast they turn around to process applications/mail checks).

They're estimating 60 days.

planet4ever said:
From the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Implementation Manual:
• Light-Duty ZEVs must be certified as Type I, I.5, II, III, IV, or V ZEVs as defined in the applicable California ZEV Regulation.
• PHEVs must meet the Enhanced AT-PZEV definition as defined in the California ZEV Regulation section 1962.1(i), Title 13, CCR, including the SULEV, evaporative emissions, onboard diagnostics, extended warranty, and zero-emission Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) and advanced componentry PZEV allowance standards as defined in section 1962.1(c).
The LEAF meets the definition of a Type II ZEV since it has a UDDS range of 100 miles or more. (UDDS is also known as LA4.) Pluggable hybrids don't qualify as ZEVs, so they must meet the "Enhanced AT-PZEV" definition. That is what includes the ten year battery life.
FYI, on 10/25/2010, the CA ARB issued the official Executive Order certifying the Nissan LEAF as a Type II ZEV (EO #A-015-0560).

Maybe now, the CVRP website http://energycenter.org/index.php/i...vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles will be updated to include the LEAF specifically rather than just link to the http://www.plugincars.com/cars website.

As a side note, getting this official CARB certification is one less hurdle for Nissan (in addition to getting the EPA fuel economy label) before they can start delivering vehicles (that is, for California, at the least, and in general).

smkettner said:
And they have not issued an actual check since September 19..... what is up with that?
*ACTUALLY* ... after reading your post I looked at it carefully. The "Rebates Issued" figure *DROPPED* by $5,000 either today or yesterday (when I last looked). What's up with that ? (Anyway, I updated the OP.)

palmermd said:
LEAFer said:
11/03/2010: The "Rebates Issued" figure *DROPPED* by $5,000 ???

Somebody must have sold their car in less than three years.

"help, I cant afford these payments on my Tesla"

. . . . or the lease payment on the mini

Yup ... they cut a lot of checks this week (a quarter million $$!), but the total $$ allocated only went up by $10,000. Still not showing the additional $5m; in January maybe ?

hill said:
palmermd said:
"help, I cant afford these payments on my Tesla"

. . . . or the lease payment on the mini

The Mini E was never eligible. It has to be at least a 3 year lease. The Mini E was leased one year at a time and I haven't heard that the extensions for the second year are being extended an additional year. :)

Five days to Gudy's LEAF delivery ... and no LEAF button !

Instead the Smart ED now has its own button ... what gives ? :?

I e-mail the CVRP people with this:

I noticed that the Nissan Leaf is not on your list of eligible vehicles,

the LEAF is being delivered to it's first customer on the 11th of
December, when are you planning on adding the option to submit a rebate?

and got this:

Matt,

We will have the ability to submit for the LEAF when it becomes
available. We do not want to have it before the date, so that people do
not try to apply before it is eligible. Remember that you can only apply
for the vehicle on the day you take ownership.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kyle Goedert
Program Assistant, Transportation
8690 Balboa Ave, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.4877 phone
858.244.1178 fax
www.energycenter.org web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back