Tracking the $2.5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday 30-Oct-2011: ***SIGNIFICANT UPDATE***

CCSE (sometime in last 2 weeks) has changed the page that tracks their applications/funds data. I have adjusted the table in the OP retroactively back to July for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2011-2012 information. However, the graph was completely changed; it still tracks # of applications on wait list, but now only tracks FY2011-2012 data, since that's really what Rebate-Check-Recipients-in-Waiting are interested in. Note, however, also the NEW TABLE that CCSE has created on their site:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Somewhere in the past 2-3 weeks CSEE has once again changed the way of tracking the data. I had difficulty coming up with a sensical graphical display to track the historical info. I am considering abandoning tracking thru this thread.

Any thoughts ?

Also note on their web-site it appears they are no longer (properly tracking)/showing "#Applications by Month" for Oct. Nov, Dec:

I would make a projection if there would appear to be plenty, barely enough, or definate shortage of money for the fiscal period.

Plenty of funding = no need to track.
Barely enough = start tracking in the Spring.
Definate shortage = post your prediction on running out. Update monthly.

Our's arrived today, at least a week earlier than optimistically hoped. Electronic application was submitted about 14 Sept and follow-up paperwork was mailed less than a week later.

As for tracking, if the data is not there, you'll have to stand down. I suggest giving it another month to see if it was an anomaly.

I purchased My Leaf Dec18. The following week I sent in my app for the $2500 rebate. The check was in the mail yesterday.

I recall in 2011, there was seemingly a mad rush to claim the rebates before they run out. What I am curious about is, if the number of purchases for the Leaf have dwindled down significantly leading up to 2012....

Mine took almost 5 weeks. Sent out the paperwork on the week of Dec 13th 2011 (probably on Friday), received check on Jan 19th.

mxp said:
I recall in 2011, there was seemingly a mad rush to claim the rebates before they run out. What I am curious about is, if the number of purchases for the Leaf have dwindled down significantly leading up to 2012....

The "mad rush" was to apply before the $5k rebate dropped to $2.5k.

mxp said:
First, as you may be aware, this is keyed to California's fiscal year, so the next break point comes June 30, 2012, not January 1. If you look at the CVRP website a couple of things should be clear:
  1. As I write this, 53% of the money is still available for the remaining 5+ months in the FY.
  2. The ZEV pool for this fiscal year is $15.8M, much higher than it was last year.
When you combine that with the fact that the payment per vehicle has been cut in half, and the observation that the initial rush in California is past, there may well be enough money so that the fund does not run out this June as it did last year. It isn't really that "purchases for the Leaf have dwindled" but rather that while purchases are still climbing, most of the action is in now other states where the car wasn't even available before.

However, even if the fund should run out again this year, that only means you will have to wait several months to get your rebate.

Ray

Is there any news on whether the CVRP amount will be cut again if the funding runs out?

Personally, I suspect that the "burn rate" might still be fairly high due to the the PiP (I think it will be eligible), FFE, the HOV sticker eligible '12 Volt, the Mitsubishi i-Miev and Tesla Model S...

I wouldn't be surprised if Volt sales in CA jump quite a bit once the enhanced emission '12 Volt hits dealers.

It seems they are pretty much caught up. I mailed our application on 1/5 and received the check 1/20.

Nubo said:
It seems they are pretty much caught up. I mailed our application on 1/5 and received the check 1/20.
The long wait in 2011 for the $2.5K rebate was for the approved program to be funded. Once funded, it took only about a month to process the backlog. It is good to see that the contractor doing this work is moving efficiently.

Hi everyone,

I process the CVRP applications, so here's a quick update: we are currently caught up and are processing applications as the materials come in. If anyone has any rebate application process questions or concerns, feel free to PM me and I can help out!

cwerdna said:
Is there any news on whether the CVRP amount will be cut again if the funding runs out?
Anyone have any update on this?

Seems like I've resurrected a thread that hasn't had activity for a year! :oops: Hope I got the right one...

CCSE has moved a few blocks to the south as of Feb 1 2013, so make sure you send your rebate materials to the new address:

9325 Sky Park Court, Suite 100
San Diego CA 92123

Back